What's new

Chronology of the war in Pakistan 2000-2010: can you help?

Ariopagus

New Recruit

Reaction score
Can anyone help?
Those who wish to learn more about specific conflicts can usually turn to a readily available outline chronology of military operations to provide a clear sequence of events. I am working on counter-terrorist operations in Pakistan as part of the initial research for my doctorate and have spent a great deal of time going through sources from all over the world. Despite researching sources in Pakistan, India, France, Germany, the United Kingdom and the USA I have had very limited success in locating any such outline.

Of course some information does exist - see for example the timeline in the American Eyes on Pakistan (http://www.eyesonpakistan.org/Timeline_Military_Operations_FATA_NWFP_0709.pdf) and there is a great amount of detail spread around in literally thousands of different articles and posts.

The readers of Pakistan Defence Forum tend to be knowledgeable and I therefore wonder if anyone can point me towards a chronological source that ideally:

Covers the period 2000-2010.
Deals with military operations in FATA and the NW Frontier Provinces.
Identifies the areas in which operations were undertaken.
Gives the operation code names used.
Lists the formations or units involved.
Gives numbers of casualties in each operation (military, terrorist and civilian).

I realize that it is most unlikely that any unclassified single source will give all this data (and please do not leak any classified material), but it would be extremely helpful if anyone could point me in the direction of information or existing tables that would help me construct such a comprehensive table. The finished product would of course be placed on the Forum, as I suspect many readers would be greatly interested.

Danke schon!

Back
Top Bottom