Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinese-Dragon

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
China
Chinese bombing victim followed passion to Boston - CNN.com

Like thousands of others, the graduate student from China crowded with friends around the finish line at the Boston Marathon to cheer on the runners.

She had moved to the city in time for the fall semester, making friends and soaking up new experiences.

And so she went Monday to Copley Square with two friends in tow. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Two bombs went off within 12 seconds of each other near the finish line, killing three.

The graduate student was one of them.

Who she was

Boston University identified her on Wednesday as Lingzi Lu, a graduate student in mathematics and statistics.

The second student was in stable condition at Boston Medical Center and the third student was not hurt, BU Today said.

Her photos on Facebook show her enjoying a simple student life of home-cooked meals in modest surrounding, smiles over warm cups of coffee, laughs with friends.

The day she died, she posted a picture of her breakfast to the Chinese social media website Weibo -- bread and a bowl of fruit.

"My wonderful breakfast," she commented in English with a smiley face emoticon.

Img372898660.jpg

48a285adb4fee6b05c632cc0_2.jpg

130417132507-lu-lingzi-story-top.jpg

------------------

Such a tragedy. This goes to show that terrorists don't care about East or West, they only come to kill innocents, and will rip apart families and destroy these young people's lives without any care or remorse.

I thought her family wanted privacy and did not want her name to be publicly released.

I thought her family wanted privacy and did not want her name to be publicly released.

It was Boston University who released her name, after receiving permission from her family.

So has the Chinese Consulate. And her parents themselves have named her in interviews now.

There was some controversy before when Phoenix TV released her name too early, which was before they got permission from her parents.

24+ hours later and still no individual or (more likely) group claims credit for the deed. Which to me implies either (1) they are mortally afraid of being caught, or (2) are embarrassed to do so.

If #1 the guilty party must fear they are within reach of either U.S. law enforcement or the U.S. and its allies. However, since 9-11 terrorists have learned that no place on the planet is truly safe. In that case, then, why bother to attack the marathon? Was it some sort of personal grievance, then, not a political statement?

If #2 one has to think why they were embarrassed. The likely answer is that the wrong people got killed. The terrorist who placed that bomb was out to kill Americans and would have known that the marathon route would be full of people of all sexes and ages so he wouldn't be fazed that a child and a woman were killed. But a Chinese national? Would the terrorist really be proud to claim credit for killing a beautiful Chinese citizen? That was unexpected and may have compelled the terrorist to keep silent.

Not everyone would bother to keep silent at the killing of a Chinese national. The Pakistani Taliban have boasted about killing Chinese women in the past, for example. But a number of other terror groups - those whose sponsors depend on China for support - would consider such a move a complete goof, yes?

Not everyone would bother to keep silent at the killing of a Chinese national. The Pakistani Taliban have boasted about killing Chinese women in the past, for example. But a number of other terror groups - those whose sponsors depend on China for support - would consider such a move a complete goof, yes?

Do you mean LeT and their cahoots? Or perhaps the NK regime? Both seem far fetched to me. It is more likely that it is an act of some lone wolf.

24+ hours later and still no individual or (more likely) group claims credit for the deed. Which to me implies either (1) they are mortally afraid of being caught, or (2) are embarrassed to do so.

If #1 the guilty party must fear they are within reach of either U.S. law enforcement or the U.S. and its allies. However, since 9-11 terrorists have learned that no place on the planet is truly safe. In that case, then, why bother to attack the marathon? Was it some sort of personal grievance, then, not a political statement?

If #2 one has to think why they were embarrassed. The likely answer is that the wrong people got killed. The terrorist who placed that bomb was out to kill Americans and would have known that the marathon route would be full of people of all sexes and ages so he wouldn't be fazed that a child and a woman were killed. But a Chinese national? Would the terrorist really be proud to claim credit for killing a beautiful Chinese citizen? That was unexpected and may have compelled the terrorist to keep silent.

Probably both at the same time. But mostly fear of being caught, and also in order to create confusion and paranoia.

Regardless, killing a young Chinese female student, that hardly fits into the narrative of any international or domestic terror group? International groups fight against the evil West, domestic groups fight against the evil US government, and this killing serves neither purpose.

Anyway, I hope these piece of sh*t terrorists are proud of themselves, so far they have killed an 8-year old boy, a young Chinese woman, and another young American woman.

(3) They(perpetrators) are taking it slowly bcoz minds have to be switched from the way they were fed for last 10years. or are still undecided who to blame for it.

Alleged #1 never feared before that they would be afraid now...
BBC would tell us they received a call claiming responsibility or a CIA run site would tell us of such a claim made. Or a fake site in Arabic that is not accessible to anyone except one select US news outlet.

If #2 had done it, they won't delay to claim responsibility until news of a Chinese being killed was released.

But if #3 did it then it makes perfect sense why delay in announcing a specific suspect. They are switching from one rhetoric to another one. Hence slow moulding of minds is called for. On 911 they didn't take more than few seconds to blame Osama.

I liked the photo... but I was in dilemma whether to like such a tragic thing. She's so beautiful and innocent, probably god was also missing her. :(

May your soul rest in peace!!

FBI has mentioned they will even go to hell to find the perpetrators who killed and brutally injured so many people. Investigations are going on fast and probably soon they will be caught. Whoever be it this time I feel, US should sentence those to Capital punishment and set an example. Also now it's high time World should join hands and take a serious step to curb terrorism once and for all. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom