Not open for further replies.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Chinese mulling $13b investment in Gwadar

gwadar+pakistan+balochistan.jpg

ISLAMABAD: The Chinese petroleum industry has indicated an interest in shifting its excess capacity to Gwadar, bringing in estimated investment of $13 billion, a senior government official told Daily Times on Wednesday.

The China Chamber of Petroleum Industry (CCPI) and All China Federation of Industry and Commerce (ACFIC) conveyed to Pakistani authorities during a recent visit that the Chinese petroleum industry is keen to invest in Pakistan”s energy sector, the official said.

The ACFIC and CCPI indicated that both the public and private sectors should cooperate in energy projects in Pakistan, with the Chinese private sector in particular seeing a lot of opportunities here, the official said.

This cooperation will not be restricted to building an oil pipeline to set up an energy corridor to Gwadar, but also in shifting energy related industry to Pakistan.

However, the government will need to provide strong support to lay down a framework for a safe financial, investment and security environment in Balochistan to attract this investment, the official said.

He said the Chinese petroleum industry sees four potentially fruitful projects. Firstly, an oil pipeline linking Gwadar to Xinjiang in China to set up an energy corridor. The economic viability of such a project is yet to be worked out. Secondly, the development of Gwadar Port Energy Zone, where the Chinese could set up an oil refinery with a capacity of 21 million tonnes.

China has been preparing a similar project along the Yangtze River in collaboration with Saudi Arabia for the last two years, but has now indicated it could shift the project to Pakistan, the official said. Other countries besides China will also be invited to invest in the project.

Thirdly, the Gwadar energy zone could accommodate other energy sector industries. The Chinese business groups said that China has excess capacity in the petroleum services industry and planned to move the excess capacity to Dubai, but was now considering shifting it to Gwadar, the official added. According to their initial estimates, the Gwadar Port Energy Zone could attract investment of up to $13 billion.

Fourthly, the Chinese petroleum industry also indicated an interest in oil and gas exploration projects in Pakistan, the official said. The Chinese business groups had proposed that a Pak-China energy and trade cooperation promotion association be established for such projects.

The association would include members from the oil and gas sector and other industries in the power sector. They had also suggested that a Pak-China joint investment company be set up to finance these projects, the official said.

Arabian Estate Gwadar:::::About Us

:pakistan::china:

There was an "interest" worth 12 billion in the dams by US and China and now 13 billion in Gwadhar.

No mulling biz. It will happen. its just a matter of timing:pakistan::china:

Time hi to nahi hai paas... bachpan se sunte aa rahay hain aisi batain. (i think) Only 1% of the projects were ever materialized.

There was an "interest" worth 12 billion in the dams by US and China and now 13 billion in Gwadhar.

no thanks to america. It would only be natural for chinese to do the deal afterall they already invested in it

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Time hi to nahi hai paas... bachpan se sunte aa rahay hain aisi batain. (i think) Only 1% of the projects were ever materialized.

no no yaar these things take time. london wasnt built in 64 years you know, more like a thousand years

just like they built lahore metro. right?? :lol:

Lahore metro is a new project it will take some time to become reality. It requires another decade to complete such project

Lahore metro is a new project it will take some time to become reality. It requires another decade to complete such project

but Chinese are claiming to build it since late nineties..now that's not fair :disagree:

no thanks to america. It would only be natural for chinese to do the deal afterall they already invested in it

What was the total investment made by Chinese in Gwadar project? Thats not even half billion dollars if I am not wrong. They would have already invested billions of dollars since past 8 years or so if they were too keen to invest in Gwadar. Its just one of the many projects Chinese has been investing all over the world. 13 billion dollars in Gwadar? I guess I will wait to see it becoming reality before I can comment on it

but Chinese are claiming to build it since late nineties..now that's not fair :disagree:

no Chinese only started showing interest in late 21st century. The were never serious about Lahore Metro till last year

What was the total investment made by Chinese in Gwadar project? Thats not even half billion dollars if I am not wrong. They would have already invested billions of dollars since past 8 years or so if they were too keen to invest in Gwadar. Its just one of the many projects Chinese has been investing all over the world. 13 billion dollars in Gwadar? I guess I will wait to see it becoming reality before I can comment on it

I think mushi and co did some deal with singapore to manage the port under pressure from america but they have not done a good job or invested what they were supposed to invest. Thats why we should never let america presure us into not doing what is clearly in our interest

damn wasnt this already done?

You guys been talking about this for years! what a time waste

You disgusting troll, you're present in every corner of this forum when it's about Pakistan related affairs.
If you brought up something worthwhile my time or other people's reading time, then it wouldn't have mattered. Now you're just wasting precious forum bandwith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom