What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

CCTV: Liaoning navy ship fleet to carry out training at the Western Pacific Ocean waters from Dec 24.
http://news.cctv.com/2016/12/24/ARTIMNTRb2DuaxBKtHAUP9sC161224.shtml

01.jpg

02.jpg

I am waiting for JMSDF to release footage of PLAN CV fleet passing through miyako strait and their usual harassment.
They can't do anything. Seat and watch! I already saw those pictures JMSDF took, it looks blurred cause they can't get around CV16 close this time cause we have 6 battleship accompanied. I expect their fighter fly over our bridge? They don't have this gut.

They can't do anything. Seat and watch! I already saw those pictures JMSDF took, it looks blurred cause they can't get around CV16 close this time cause we have 6 battleship accompanied. I expect their fighter fly over our bridge? They don't have this gut.
Or they can sit still and shoot plane -打飞机.

Does it imply there are another 13 underneath the deck?
01.jpg

At the end of the J-20+4tanks-video a J-15 was shown ...

J-15A maybe.png

Could it be that this is possibly a photo of a J-15A ??

The nozzles appear to be more silverish, more like a WS-10 and not like an AL-31F? Also there doesn't appear to be a pitot on the nose ... which could be a hint that this is already another J-15A and not the prototype aircraft we saw before???

... but hard to tell because of its low resolution.

What do You think ??

Deino

View attachment 363434

The nozzles appear to be more silverish, more like a WS-10 and not like an AL-31F? Also there doesn't appear to be a pitot on the nose ... which could be a hint that this is already another J-15A and not the prototype aircraft we saw before???

What do You think ??

Deino

So far all of the in-service J-15s (and the J-15A prototype) used pitot tubes. This new aircraft might be the first J-15A installed with an AESA radar.

View attachment 363434

What do You think ??

Deino
Another of my prediction comes through.

View attachment 363434

What do You think ??

Deino

The J-15 with the WS-10H is the J-15B, because the AL-31 is more suitable for the ski-jump takeoff than the WS-10.

I am not surprised if all 48 J-15A on both Type 001 and Type 001A are using the AL-31. However, the J-15 that will soon be deployed on the Type 002 will be the J-15B that using the WS-10H.

The J-15 with the WS-10H is the J-15B, because the AL-31 is more suitable for the ski-jump takeoff than the WS-10.

I am not surprised if all 48 J-15A on both Type 001 and Type 001A are using the AL-31. However, the J-15 that will soon be deployed on the Type 002 will be the J-15B that using the WS-10H.
FWS-10H and FWS-10A both use A type (non-ceramic matrix composite) nozzles, one noticeable difference between the two is the petals of the former's are a little longer. Let's wait for some clearer images becoming available.

Interesting, however I would be careful until better images appear since this one is imo too blurred.

Another possibility is of course the plane in question is a J-15S.

Back
Top Bottom