What's new

Chinese inventor creates “invisible” umbrella

This would require some serious precision engineering and aero-dynamic experts to caculate the flow of air. I am pretty sure that it would be heavier, more inconvinient and unreliable than the traditional umbrella to carry around, plus it is more costly to purchase and maintain ( you either need to charge the battery regularly or replace it). Not to mention if the umbrella is not waterproofed properly, it can get broken in mid-use, causing a real problem.

USB is useless. India invent things that are useful for daily lives. Another good invention is the inflatable chopping board. Everyone needs a chopping board.

The USB was invented by an Indian.

Unfortunately i would have to say that this is one gimmicky, frivolous and wasteful device.

By blowing water away horizontally, walking by someone else could get you a lot of curses and dirty looks.

If they are going to innovate, why not make the device into a hat so that its hands free?

Just spend money on a good umbrella or 15 crappy ones.

You people are pitiful with no bounds
No wonder why modi and the lots are giving you constant moral boosters one after another:angry:

What do you mean "you people"? I'm not even Indian. You are so rural. Why are there so many new chinese rural members joining PDF all of a sudden?

Unfortunately i would have to say that this is one gimmicky, frivolous and wasteful device.

By blowing water away horizontally, walking by someone else could get you a lot of curses and dirty looks.

If they are going to innovate, why not make the device into a hat so that its hands free?

Just spend money on a good umbrella or 15 crappy ones.

Not to mention this thing only last for 30 mins max while the OG umbrella has unlimited battery life.

its a good idea and need to do more work on it to make more benificial

1. This product is just a tech-demonstrator/prototype intended to attract investor.

It is not the final product.

2. According to the news, it has achieved the goal of fund-raising.

3. What matters is innovation that comes loaded with failures, errors and few, if any, successes.

4. I am saddened by the fact that, with active and un-called-for Indian participation, this thread has degenerated and declined in quality. I now repent having posted the news.

5. Hence I ask Mr. @Hu Songshan , @WebMaster to kindly delete the thread or, at least, clean the thread from all unrelated or offensive remarks, including implicitly sexual ones.

:cheesy:Though china's innovation is inferior to US ,Japan orGermany, china's innovation can trump india or viet . i don't know what qualifications have these countries make fun of china's innovation ?

People laugh at weird Japanese innovations as well, But do not see Japanese seeking our qualifications :lol:

China invented the USB .

To my knowledge it was Ajay V. Bhatt , an American credited with inventing USB and flash memory was developed based on Toshiba's NAND architecture.

Hope this leads to something better

1. This product is just a tech-demonstrator/prototype intended to attract investor.

It is not the final product.

2. According to the news, it has achieved the goal of fund-raising.

3. What matters is innovation that comes loaded with failures, errors and few, if any, successes.

4. I am saddened by the fact that, with active and un-called-for Indian participation, this thread has degenerated and declined in quality. I now repent having posted the news.

5. Hence I ask Mr. @Hu Songshan , @WebMaster to kindly delete the thread or, at least, clean the thread from all unrelated or offensive remarks, including implicitly sexual ones.

If you post an article about a tech-demonstrator/prototype, then expect people to criticize or even laugh at the idea. This is the case for entrepreneurs/kickstarters in real life and you shouldn't expect anything less on an internet forum. What were you expecting? that everyone would blindly give their applause and praise?

Except for 2 trolling post by a Viet and an Indian, I find most of the other criticism constructive and justified.

It was your two fellow Chinese buddies @magic-007 and @Keel who fell into the trolling trap and escalated things, calling out the Viet and Indians. I played around with them and as expected, they are totally naive. Heck, they dont even realised @mods and @administration are fake accounts and got butthurt over my threat to ban them. You guys are still totally naive and rural.

Last edited:
People laugh at weird Japanese innovations as well, But do not see Japanese seeking our qualifications :lol:

To my knowledge it was Ajay V. Bhatt , an American credited with inventing USB and flash memory was developed based on Toshiba's NAND architecture.

Hope this leads to something better
you can go to search for usb , <Amercan's silicon alley insider (SAl)??(美国科技博客网站) BusinessInsider in july>

One of my friends showed this to me last week along with some other ideas for umbrellas like having a light to indicate that the person who is holding the umbrella is willing to share it with a stranger. Does this umbrella violently scatter water towards people around you?

Just wondering, but consider the amount of air it needs transport in order to change the direction of the water drops. Wouldn't it make a lot of noise.

OK nice!!

Now go read some books and learn how to engage in a debate. Spamming one-liner on the internet doesnt really impress anyone. Maybe you can get some giggles out of your boyfriends, but remember no one else will be impressed.

And make sure you read lots about VietNam so that you have alot of insults ready for me OK?

I understand. It's hard to make rural boys noble no matter how much education you force on them. Like I said to the other rural boy, go read some books and learn how to engage in a debate so next time we meet you can counter me with something intelligent OK?
sorry?!could u just calm down for a sec. :lol::lol:
cause I just don't know what r u grumbling about? I wasn't insulting you okay? it's you,u were insulting yourself with your hilarious talking.and why do I have to read anything about VN?when I'm not interested in that piece of XX at all.
and I was curious,who would use those hilarious words like "rural boy".what does it mean exactly,and where did u learn it? is it from the vietnamese accents?and were u always been called the rural boy in life?and why did they call you a rural boy? :lol:

OK nice!!

Now go read some books and learn how to engage in a debate. Spamming one-liner on the internet doesnt really impress anyone. Maybe you can get some giggles out of your boyfriends, but remember no one else will be impressed.

And make sure you read lots about VietNam so that you have alot of insults ready for me OK?

I understand. It's hard to make rural boys noble no matter how much education you force on them. Like I said to the other rural boy, go read some books and learn how to engage in a debate so next time we meet you can counter me with something intelligent OK?
you think you re so smart ? i don't feel any smart signs from you ,on the contrary ,you are so rude and ill-bred .don't you think? kid .

If they can make one that is fed off from power lines or even a wall socket, they might be on to something.

Increased power = more air pressure= larger radius of coverage. Also no ridiculous depletion of battery!

Imagine sitting outside during a rain storm and drinking tea with 'air cover' from the rain!

sorry?!could u just calm down for a sec. :lol::lol:
cause I just don't know what r u grumbling about? I wasn't insulting you okay? it's you,u were insulting yourself with your hilarious talking.and why do I have to read anything about VN?when I'm not interested in that piece of XX at all.
and I was curious,who would use those hilarious words like "rural boy".what does it mean exactly,and where did u learn it? is it from the vietnamese accents?and were u always been called the rural boy in life?and why did they call you a rural boy? :lol:

Sorry, maybe it is indeed a VietNamese dialect, but you better ask the Viet members to make sure what it means.

Let me ask my Chinese friend next door how to translate it into your language.....

Ahhhh he said in your dialect it is "tubaozi". Is that right? I dont understand Chinese but my Chinese friend said that's the correct name to call people like you. He read your post and said, "heh, thats a tubaozi".

What does tubaozi mean? can you explain my friend?

you think you re so smart ? i don't feel any smart signs from you ,on the contrary ,you are so rude and ill-bred .don't you think? kid .

Hey you're pretty good, my supervisor said I'm still a kid at heart.

Sorry if I was rude... I think I really am younger than you.

OK this discussion is getting boring. See you in another thread. :wave:

If they can make one that is fed off from power lines or even a wall socket, they might be on to something.

Increased power = more air pressure= larger radius of coverage. Also no ridiculous depletion of battery!

Imagine sitting outside during a rain storm and drinking tea with 'air cover' from the rain!

Or on a convertible car... blowing air in one direction backwards... driving in the rain.

Back
Top Bottom