What's new

Chinese incursion in Ladakh

illusion8

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Mere hours after information about the Chinese incursion in Ladakh trickled in, a high powered meeting was called in Delhi to discuss possible solutions to this nefarious act by the Chinese. What transpired in this meeting?

Singh strode through the corridor purposefully, his boots clicking against the floor rhythmically and walked through the door at the end without missing a step. An assistant slipped out of the room just after Singh entered and closed the door behind him. Singh came to a halt at the head of the table, and fixed a hard stare at each of the men assembled around the table.

“Gentlemen,” barked Singh. “What do we have?”

“Approximately 30 Chinese soldiers have set up tents 19 kms into the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control.”

“Hmm,” Singh intoned. “Talks between commanders at the borders?”

“Hasn’t worked. The Chinese absolutely refuse to leave the area. In fact, they have set up a supply route to sustain the troops across the LAC, indicating that they have no intentions whatsoever of retreating.”

“I see,” said Singh. “So how do we respond. Any thoughts, gentleman?”

“Sir, we can focus on diplomatic back-channel discussions to ameliorate…,” an obsequious aide began before Singh cut him short.

“The time for facile talk is past. People want action,” Singh hollered, slamming his fist on the table. “This is war. Bikram, what can we do on the military front?” Singh said, turning to the head of military affairs.

“Build border infrastructure at a war footing, sir. Identify other areas along the LAC where we can mount a similar incursion to impart pressure on the Chinese. And one more angle..raise one or two additional mountain corps.”

“Good. Airforce?”

“On high alert in case the Chinese resort to any hanky-panky.”

“Okay. Pretty good so far,” said Singh. “Let me add an economic option to this mix as well. We have a massive trade deficit vis-a-vis the Chinese. Simply by imposing tariffs or restrictions on Chinese products we should be able to deliver a massive economic punch to the tune of $40 million.”

“Excellent idea, Sir.”

“Good. What else? External Affairs? Salman?”

“I suggest we drastically re-work our policies towards Tibet and Taiwan, raise the diplomatic offensive up a notch, and hit them hard on issues they are already facing the heat on.”

“That’s good, Salman,” smiled Singh at the External Affairs in-charge, before turning to the rest. “Okay! Looks like we have a plan!”

Singh’s hard eyes made contact with his colleagues one by one, as each man nodded his assent or indicated his consent with his eyes. The men sat bolt upright in their chairs, as the enormity of what they were about to do began to dawn upon them. The air was heavy with anticipation.

Singh slammed a fist on the table. “Let’s do it then! Salman Ahmed will put together the piece. Bikram Chand and AK, you will share with Salman your expert views on the army and air-force perspectives respectively. I want this piece done within a few hours – at least a couple of hours before the print deadline. We’ll of course upload it on the website much before the paper hits the stands.”

“Yes, editor-in-chief,” said the team in unison.

“Good. If this story doesn’t go viral tomorrow, my name is not Prabhjeet Singh!”

Back
Top Bottom