What's new

Chinese farmers make 'Transformers' out of used cars

xunzi

Reaction score
Country
China
The farmers also made models inspired by movies such as 'Alien,' 'Predator,' and 'Star Wars'

Agence France-Presse
Published 2:50 PM, Mar 30, 2014
Updated 2:50 PM, Mar 30, 2014
20140330-transformers-china.jpg
REAL-LIFE TRANSFORMERS. This picture taken on March 21, 2014 shows people looking at several life-sized "Transformer" models on display in a yard in Jinan, east China's Shandong province. China Out AFP photo

BEIJING, China – A group of farmers have brought to life the Transformers films, toys and TV series and built giant robots out of old car parts, in rural China.

The original toys, which were a huge hit with children in the 1980s, could be turned from cars into robots and back again. Their popularity spawned a hit television show, and more recently, the movie franchise.

In Shandong province, they have inspired a range of towering creations, including some in the red and blue colours of Optimus Prime, the leader of the benevolent Autobots.

Others are in bright yellow - like the famous Bumblebee character adored by young fans. Some of the robots are crafted from the grey metal of the evil Decepticons.

"It's a personal hobby; I watched the movie and learnt the models online, so I wanted to make it on my own," Wang Shizun, one of the farmers, told Agence France-Presse by phone on Thursday from Zhangqiu in Shandong province.

"We've installed lights in their eyes, and some of their arms and legs can move," he said.

He and his partner oversee a staff of 11 farmers, reports said, and OFweek, a website covering China's high-tech industry, said the models fetch from 10,000 to 100,000 yuan ($1,600 to $16,000) a piece.

The tallest of creations are 12 metres high, but flight and the ability to convert themselves back into cars remain elusive.

"We're thinking about making them transform," Wang said, "but it's hard to make them transform into cars at this stage."

The group have also made other models which seem to take inspiration from various movies and characters, including Alien, Predator, and Star Wars' C-3PO.

With some the makers have exercised more creative licence, adding their own designs or traditional Chinese elements such as a mask.

Who's that guy in your avatar?

Xunzi(B.C. 313-238) of course,a famous thinker, writer and politician, also one of the representative figures of Confucian。

Interested in chinese philosophy
He is one of my favorite sage and a great ancestor to us. With him, we developed rival school of thought on Confucianism. A pragmatic Confucian philosopher and teacher that influence Hanzi and Li Si who later developed legalism. In our country history, we often say internally we practice legalism and externally we practice Confucianism. Legalism-Confucianism is the main principle doctrine we follow.

He is one of my favorite sage and a great ancestor to us. With him, we developed rival school of thought on Confucianism. A pragmatic Confucian philosopher and teacher that influence Hanzi and Li Si who later developed legalism. In our country history, we often say internally we practice legalism and externally we practice Confucianism. Legalism-Confucianism is the main principle doctrine we follow.
Xunzi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Xunzi was one of the most sophisticated and influential philosophers of China's Warring States period (479–221 B.C.E.).

Thanks. I'm a philosopher so I'm very interested in ancient Chinese philosophy.

Handy farmer. Anyway those robots are just advertisement for US General Motors cars : Chevrolet, GMC ..

Well done Chinese Farmers - taking good time for pleasure!

While our farmers are enjoying their time, we, enjoying their productions - copy? yes a close resemblance WTF they are just farmers not design houses.

They are having a good time, so are we seeing their products making out of wreckages.

Take a look at what the farmers of nearby countries are faring:

The Filipino farmer – an endangered species | Opinion, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

USDA-Approved Agent Orange: It's Coming to a Farm Near You |

Farmers' suicides in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We feel sorry for the above farmers of other countries

Our farmers, after having fun in making the transformers, would also feel sad at the plight of the above farmers too

I want to remind people that these are just our ordinary farmers without engineering education can make these amazing model out of spare parts.

Or he could have made another car with the salvaged parts, last year someone made an exact replica of Lamborghini is China, AFAIK.

The 3 countries who have master the art of reverse engineering are USA, China, and Russia. Not sure about Russia actually because they declining in this field but for sure we and USA are master of it. If we get our hand on each other craft model, we can digest the technologies and reverse it. In order to reverse a model, you will need to have a good base understanding of the core technologies.

The 3 countries who have master the art of reverse engineering are USA, China, and Russia. Not sure about Russia actually because they declining in this field but for sure we and USA are master of it. If we get our hand on each other craft model, we can digest the technologies and reverse it. In order to reverse a model, you will need to have a good base understanding of the core technologies.

Please do it and made cheapie aircraft carriers and AEGIS warships ... and sell to us ... Thanks.
We need some turbojet engines same quality as Russian made too ...

Please do it and made cheapie aircraft carriers and AEGIS warships ... and sell to us ... Thanks.
We need some turbojet engines same quality as Russian made too ...
Why would we sell our weapons to you who want to be our enemy?

Back
Top Bottom