What's new

China's movie market to rival Hollywood

under currrent political enviornment,China can't make good movies,the stringent censorship could strangle any movies to be considered out of line.but China does have the potential to buy into Hollywood and become one of its major share holders.

Art house films are simply too intellectual for Bollywood audience. So I won't expect you to know anything about mainland chinese movies.

Oh! Nice use of pampered words. Mainland's film industry couldn't flourish because of too much of political interfere.

Oh! Nice use of pampered words. Mainland's film industry couldn't flourish because of too much of political interfere.

Thanks for proving me right, indeed bollywood audience knows nothing about Art house or film making. 1) Censorship does equate to political interference, you have censorship too.
2) The quality of script writer, producer, director and cinematographer have nothing to do with politics.

Mainland films have won all prestigious art house films award since 80's. Just to name a few directors and their critically acclaimed works.

Chen Kaige - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Zhang Yimou - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tian_Zhuangzhuang

Don't be so sore that others are simply better than you. Learn to accept facts and be gracious, it's good for character development.

Last edited:
Thanks for proving me right, indeed bollywood audience knows nothing about Art house or film making. 1) Censorship does equate to political interference, you have censorship too.
2) The quality of script writer, producer, director and cinematographer have nothing to do with politics.

Mainland films have won all prestigious art house films award since 80's. Just to name a few directors and their critically acclaimed works.

Chen Kaige - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Zhang Yimou - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tian_Zhuangzhuang

Don't be so sore that others are simply better than you. Learn to accept facts and be gracious, it's good for character development.

Are you claiming that only Chinese know how to make art movies. :sarcastic:

Chinese movies are cheap B grade flicks. Korean movies are far better.
Do you mean movies and not the TV series? If you do mean the Korean Tv series, they have the tendency to picture the good side of Korea and only the GOOD SIDE. I've watched many Korean Movies and Tv Series. If you want the reality of Korea, watch Korean movies and not the TV series.
In the TV series from every boy, girl, street, house, apartments, country, cars, sidewalks everything is displayed in a grand style. It's not the true picture of Korea.

To Chinese members, what are few good Chinese movies of this year?

Do you mean movies and not the TV series? If you do mean the Korean Tv series, they have the tendency to picture the good side of Korea and only the GOOD SIDE. I've watched many Korean Movies and Tv Series. If you want the reality of Korea, watch Korean movies and not the TV series.
In the TV series from every boy, girl, street, house, apartments, country, cars, sidewalks everything is displayed in a grand style. It's not the true picture of Korea.

Korean TV shows are for the mentally handicapped, they stretch a bland story for 200 episodes. Endless dialogue in the same two to three setting coupled with terrible acting.

Its popularity is almost exclusively tied within hallyu of the late 2000s. Only the Ahjumma and the unemployed actually watch these garbage shows.

To Chinese members, what are few good Chinese movies of this year?

Jia Zhangke's latest film -- One of the most acclaimed directors in Art House
A Touch of Sin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Action thriller
Drug War (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Horror
Soul (2013 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thinking man's marital art film, as you would expect from Wong Kar Wai.
The Grandmaster (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(I thought it was average. His earlier works are truly great)

Last edited:
Do Chinese people watch bollywood? I sure love Jackie Chan movies but I guess he is more American than from hong kong.

Do Chinese people watch bollywood? I sure love Jackie Chan movies but I guess he is more American than from hong kong.

No, we don't watch Bollywood at all. Jackie Chan is as American as Chris Tucker is Chinese. Haven't you see watched his older movies? Those are the truly great ones. Most of his Hollywood movies flopped in Asia, except Rush Hour.

No, we don't watch Bollywood at all. Jackie Chan is as American as Chris Tucker is Chinese. Haven't you see watched his older movies? Those are the truly great ones. Most of his Hollywood movies flopped in Asia, except Rush Hour.

wtf you should watch bollywood man it is so good :) Also all the Jackie Chan movies I have seen were in English

I suppose it means that the size of Chinese market now is close to the U.S. market, e.g. in revenue level.

I do not think the quality can be compared at the same level right now.

Chinese movies are no match to Hollywood movies.

Back
Top Bottom