What's new

China's General threatening WWIII (Nuclear War) to Protect Pak or Iran

The US will also not go to war against us, since it may result a MAD for both side.

All US can do is to support the jasmine revolution.

Excatly my point, China and USA would not fight a war against each other. The consequences are dire.

I do not know why you are war mongering, at this day nobody gives nuclear weapons for free even for a friend. Chinese military depends on chinese economy, which in turn depends on the west and US allies.

We are protecting our stability and allies, this is not warmongering.

Why the US can't just leave Pakistan and Iran alone?

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Excatly my point, China and USA would not fight a war against each other. The consequences are dire.

We will back Pakistan and Iran at cost anyway, and i think the US will eventually retreat and leave them alone.

I also think that Syria will be safe.

"Secrets of the Korean War"

JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Korean War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i once saw a documentary which showed that soviet planes flew in Chinese colours as soviet union couldn't have had directly fought a UN force.

and btw, the Un forces were not beaten......they were just pushed back. China failed in it's objective of uniting North and South Korea.

What objective again? We never sponsored Kim Il Sung to attack South Korea. We didn't object when the US pushed North Korea out of South Korea. We warned US to stop at the old border. The US didn't stop. We intervened and made the US stop, then go back to the old border. Mission accomplished.

What objective again? We never sponsored Kim Il Sung to attack South Korea. We didn't object when the US pushed North Korea out of South Korea. We warned US to stop at the old border. The US didn't stop. We intervened and made the US stop, then go back to the old border. Mission accomplished.

Exactly right, that guy doesn't know history. :lol:

All China needed at that point, was a buffer state against US forces. And that's exactly what we got, and it has stayed that way until today, despite the annoyance it brings to South Korea and America.

we dont have to go nuclear,and if US dares to invade Pakistan,China can effectively drive them out with a conventional war like we did in Korea and Vietnam.no need for a mutual destruction of nuclear war.but that "if" wont happen,US will never invade Pakistan.everyone knows that for sure.

Exactly right, that guy doesn't know history.

All China needed at that point, was a buffer state against US forces. And that's exactly what we got, and it has stayed that way until today, despite the annoyance it brings to South Korea and America.

My bad. But didn't NK wanted to unite the entire Korean peninsula under the communist flag? And China being an ally of NK, was part of this objective. Seoul was never captured by the communists.

Chinese invasion of SK was repelled by the UN forces, just as UN invasion of NK and China was repelled.

Nobody won the Korean War. The Korean peninsula was divided into a communist north and anti-communist south before the war. It remained like that after the war, so neither side achieved their respective objectives, meaning the war ended in a draw when an armistice was signed on July 27, 1953 saying that all fighting would stop.

The most significant negative long-term consequence of the war (for China) was that it led the United States to guarantee the safety of Chiang Kai-shek's regime in Taiwan, effectively ensuring that Taiwan would remain outside of PRC control until the present day.

I agree that China was able to push back a much stronger adversary. But it wasn't a complete victory.

Except for China and SK, nobody benefited from the war.

Who Won The Korean War

Actually, China was the only one who benefited, because we got the buffer state that we wanted.

You think South Korea benefited? Their country was split in half. The USA had almost completely overrun North Korea before China enterered the fight.

If China did not intervene, North Korea would have been obliterated from history, and reunified under the South Korean government. Till this day they are still dreaming of taking back North Korea.

My bad. But didn't NK wanted to unite the entire Korean peninsula under the communist flag? And China being an ally of NK, was part of this objective. Seoul was never captured by the communists.

Chinese invasion of SK was repelled by the UN forces, just as UN invasion of NK and China was repelled.

I agree that China was able to push back a much stronger adversary. But it wasn't a complete victory.

Who Won The Korean War

The North Koreans conquered everything but a tiny slice of South Korea when they were OVERSTRETCHED (like a certian country), and then the US cut its back and surrounded them.

After China entered the war, Seoul changed hands 6 times. It was reduced to less than 10,000 living inhabitants by the end of the war. 1 million UN soldiers are either dead or missing.

Don't trust Wikipedia, trust your eyes and the words that the US carved in solid concrete.

Korean War Veterans Memorial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

File:Korean Memorial3.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

File:Korean Memorial6.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You think South Korea benefited? Their country was split in half. The USA had almost completely overrun North Korea before China enterered the fight.

Their country was already divided before the war. It wasn't SK who invaded NK, so SK was able to retain status-quo.
NK got isolated internationally and the economy of SK grew exponentially due to US funding.

In the end, it was a stalemate, maybe China can claim some short of victory here. NK failed in it's objective(it was aided by China, so in a way China failed to help it's ally realize it's objective).

After China entered the war, Seoul changed hands 6 times. It was reduced to less than 10,000 living inhabitants by the end of the war. 1 million UN soldiers are either dead or missing.

In the end nothing changed. NK failed to take over Seoul despite capturing it numerous times with China's support. China couldn't keep it's hold over SK
China did managed to tell the world that it pushed back the superpower. Nothing more than that.

i don't think 1 million UN troops took part in the war.

In the end nothing changed. NK failed to take over Seoul despite capturing it numerous times with China's support. China couldn't keep it's hold over SK
China did managed to tell the world that it pushed back the superpower. Nothing more than that.

i don't think 1 million UN troops took part in the war.

the total was 1.1 million on the UN side vs. 1 million on the communist side.

We were actually outnumbered.

KOREAN WAR

Korean War FAQ Korean War History Korean War History Korean War FAQ

At the peak time, total PVA and NKPA strength reached 1.2 million during the Korean war.

At the end of war, from PVA statistics, UN total strength was 1,111,340 (1.11134 million), ground force 904,550 (US 373,500, ROK 491,000, other 40050), navy 101,180 (US 73000, ROK 20000, other 8180), air force 105,610 (US 95000, ROK 10000, other 610). From western source (Korean Almanac), UN ground forces strength was slightly higher with a total of 932,539 (US 302483, ROK 590911, other 39145). PVA counted 70000 more US troops, this was probably because many ROKs (KATUSAs) were serving in US forces and counted as US strength by PVA.

US GDP accounted for 52% of the world totally in 1950,and PRC was just founded after over 100 years of war and had absolutely nothing.but now things changed a lot,US and the whole world know this.nuclear aside,no country can defeat China in a land war today.

exactly. I don't know if that's the case of Iran, but for North Korea, Pakistan, Myanmar, and even Vietnam, China takes them as off-limits. Guess that's called core-interest. If Iran falls into that category, the statement does make sense.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

but anyway, I didn't see Korean war and Vietnam war ended with WWIII.

This is the news-link from the Infowars website(Chinese Govt Official: 'US Threat to Pakistan is Threat to China' - Infowars), and this is the Junshijia news link they're referencing(???????(3)-?), for this news.

In the broader perspective, China does seem to be very astute and far-sighted geo-politically. While the US or it's European "posse" go about with their war-mongering targetting various African countries(including places where Chinese have oil/gas interests) and now in Asia, I think China realizes that the real target in some of these moves by the West, is China itself.

That geo-political reality may be behind China supporting it's neighbors in this region like Pakistan and Iran, against US domination and blackmail.

Back
Top Bottom