What's new

China’s claim it has ‘quantum’ radar may leave $17 billion F-35 naked

Is it powered by quantum computer?

No. Quantum computers are completely different animals. They rely on a a different quantum property.

Basically Quantum theory describes a number of particular properties found in particles. Some of these have real world usages. Scanning tunneling microscope is one example. But all these inventions are described as something 'quantum' so that confuses people.

I am not a physicist but I have done a lot of research On Germany's nuclear weapons project in WW2 with much of that knowledge overlapping this topic of Quantum Photon radar. During WW2 the Germans used a lot of useful properties of Beryllium in their quest to create Tokamak type particle accelerators (see Dr Rolf Wideroe).

It appears the Americans (Lockheed Martin) developed a version of Quantum Radar for use as ground penetrating radar to detect underground facilities. The problem with the American patent is that it specified use of beta barium borate (BBO) crystals. China appears to have succeeded because they replaced BBO with pure Beryllium liquid crystal.

This has dramatically increased the detection range.

When it comes to next-generation defence technologies, all the actually useful information is classified.

The stuff we hear here, is only what they feel comfortable in releasing to the public domain.

The only way to know for sure is to actually see it being used during wartime.
Western business is at risk after this development.

Western business is at risk after this development.
To put it mildly there will be a stockmarket slump in Lockheed Martin shares for a start. Various Governments like Australia, Norway & the British Government are going to look like fools. The smartest guys are the Canadians who stuck with the F-18 Super Hornet

It's tough to determine if the Chinese announcement means much. That's because the important trick isn't detecting Stealth aircraft but being able to track them. Detection is just a momentary contact, whereas tracking is continuous or nearly so. The announcement only claimed the ability to detect stealth aircraft.

It's tough to determine if the Chinese announcement means much. That's because the important trick isn't detecting Stealth aircraft but being able to track them. Detection is just a momentary contact, whereas tracking is continuous or nearly so. The announcement only claimed the ability to detect stealth aircraft.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating. They can test a stealth flight

make us f35 pilot nervus

No.

US is itself working on everything quantum, so isn't unaware of anything.

Making quantum radars is actually very very hard, almost impossible at this time. So, I don't think it will amount to much.

No.

US is itself working on everything quantum, so isn't unaware of anything.

Making quantum radars is actually very very hard, almost impossible at this time. So, I don't think it will amount to much.
like you drive a car with cocaine and someone told you police with police dog are around. I think at least you must nervous, the same as f35 pilot.

Back
Top Bottom