What's new

China wants military base in Pakistan

Oh here we go...........the pathetic Indian rant again ...trying to play the British "divide and rule" policy here on this forum.

taimikhan has also deleted a couple of my threads, which I am not too pleased with, but hey, he is the mod doing his bit here, and coming to think of it his decision was right to delete my threads also, hence respect to Taimikhan for talking some action here otherwise things would be out of hand

:pdf:

well quick off-topic .. will keep it short...
DOn't jump on ur guns soo quick.. this is not the first time my posts r deleted and more importantly, i retorted for the reason Taimikhan gave for deleting my post.... if u had cared to check my post and his reason for deleting, it wud have been clear, alas u were too eager to bash an Indian :devil::devil: and give ur own reasoning or lack of it....

well quick off-topic .. will keep it short...
DOn't jump on ur guns soo quick.. this is not the first time my posts r deleted and more importantly, i retorted for the reason Taimikhan gave for deleting my post.... if u had cared to check my post and his reason for deleting, it wud have been clear, alas u were too eager to bash an Indian :devil::devil: and give ur own reasoning or lack of it....

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Eh...see the movie again. Read the disclaimer again - it is a work of fiction. And Akbar was 5'2" - he did not fight with elephants and he did not look like Hritik Roshan!! hahaha...am sorry if this comes across as rude but I couldn't help it.
You and your bollywood have played with History and twisted it to push ndian Agenda of lies and inuendos, and that is what u have done. Dude

Last edited:
my first post in this forum.

China is set to gain a lot if this is true as the best possible way to project its power is by setting up a few bases. But will this help Pakistan is the big question ...

Short term, this will rattle the Indian establishment and India will start spending even more money on 'Star war' technology. This will divert a large amount of funds that could be used for programs such as primary education, rural employment schemes, etc. It will generate revenue for Israel, Russia and US. India may also get advanced technology as the US would like to contain China's growing influence.

In +ve terms, South Asia will become stable as communication channels between China and India will always remain open unlike India and Pakistan ensuring that a limited conflict does not escalate in to a nuclear flash point. This could also bring an infusion of security in Pakistan as containing the internal extremism is important.

Longer term, India will move even closer to US and gain a foothold in Washington. This may result in Pakistan losing favour and may lose an important trade partner. It is important here to note that China cannot play the role of US economically.
China is an export oriented economy and its internal apatite to consume Pakistan produce is limited. Pakistan economy is dependent on US irrespective of WoT.

Therefore, such a development is a mixed bag and what may eventually happen depends on a lot of factors that are hard to predict. India is bound to get worked up about the whole thing but longer term, this should be viewed as a game changer that will break several existing alliances and forge several new ones.

Loosing a trading partner, u dude are talking about things u have no clue. U live in dream world. Dude. Usa will never disconnect totasly and that is what they are saying and have said umpteem times, due to stretigical situation of Pakistan.

On the other countires like India come and go as it has no stregic value other than antognise Pakistan and therefore is used to fullfill that purpose.

U R hoping for game changer, keep dreaming dude.

Chinese present leaders don't have the guts to set up military bases overseas. If they do we could start with Somalia where even Japan has a naval supply base facility. Then Burma might be a good place to have both air and naval forces stationed to protect Malaca sea lanes for Chinese ships.

The first carrier Varyag will be ready for training later this year. Two Chinese carriers with conventional power will be ready by 2012. By then China might get new generation of leaders with stronger backbones. We'll wait and see if China would seek for oversea military presence after 2012.

THIS MESSAGE HAVE NOW BEEN DELETED BY MYSELF AS MODS KINDLY DELETED ABOVE MESSAGES WHICH WOULD HAVE STARTED A FULL ON INSULT MATCH FOR WHICH I QUOTED YOUTUBE CLIPS ON HINDU WOSHIP........THANK YOU TO TAIMIKHAN

I APOLOGISE TO HINDUS FOR HURTING THEIR FEELINGS, WITH WAS NOT MY INTNTION, BUT SOME MEMBERS JUST DON'T SEEM TO GET THE MESSAGE

Last edited:
The USA is aligned with India whether Pakistan likes it or not. The USA sees India as democracy and very large consumer of its products not only civilian but also military products. The USA is also strengthening India politically in international forums such as a permanent seat at the UN. This is only to build an ally up politically, economically and militarily as bulwark against the Chinese. This will curtail Chinese development and also global influence.

Whereas if the Chinese build or operate a base on Pakistani soil it will be of strategic nature to keep India in check around the Indian and Arabian sea. This will also keep its economic interests in Africa and energy (oil) flow from the middle east safe.

One should consider the benefits of Chinese military on Pakistani soil through economic development.

Pakistan is economically weak. It has to rely on foreign hand outs to keep creditors at bay and its political leadership is corrupt to the core.

If the Chinese have military presence on Pakistani soil then this will bring economic benefits to Pakistan on a scale unimaginable currently.
The chinese will only setup military presence for their own economic needs and that is to protect the shipping lines that provide it with natural resources. The use of Gwadar is also strategic if the Chinese wish to bring the economic miracle to Xianjing province and in return build up the necessary infrastrucutre in Pakistan. This will entail railway link aswell as highway link to Xianjiang from Gwadar. The pakistanis can utilise this infrqastructure to its own economic benefit through utilising it for not only import bound cargo all the way to north west frontier but also for export of its goods into china aswell as globally.

This will free up huge military expenditure that Pakistan can ill afford and start spending on infrastructure. Take South Korea, Taiwan(not sure about US military base), Japan and Germany as examples where the USA has military bases. All of these countries have progressed economically beyond other countries in the region. Only due to the fact there military expenditure has being on the low side annd had US military protection in case of Invasion.

The only tension between India and Pakistan is over Kashmir and I can see neither budging from their stated positions until the Himalayas run dry. This will not occur for another 50 odd years. Both countries rely too much on the water from this region and can ill afford for the other to take full control of the water flow from this region. Now that leaves the question of independence and neither country trusts the other as to which way Independent Kashmir will make the water flow.

For all those Indians who think having a foreing military presence is showing weakness in ones miliatary capability are wrong. It shows the cooperation of two allies. pakistan has nukes and I dont think India can afford to have a nuclear strike on its soil. Its called mutually assured destruction (MAD). The chinese presence will guarantee borders will stay intact and can divert respources away from military to better development of the country through extra spending on infrastructure, health, education etc etc etc.

A sign of weakness and insecurity with no trust in self..:disagree:
You are inviting another round of colonial rule leading to exploitation and degradation.
But its your country, if you are so sure it will keep you safe from INDIA, then I think you should invite them.:enjoy:

Aisa na ho ki kue se nikle aur khai mai ja gire

Judging by the source i should have my doubt but knowing how all major powers act i'm sure we can expect China to flex their muscle sooner rather than later this is bound happen in the near future unless we get our act together sort out our security problems and help rebuild our economy. I deem it imperative for Pakistan to form some union with Afghanistan-Turkey-Iran which will put a stop to any Indian/Chinese advances in the future to interfer/meddle in our country security or affairs.

Pakistan really needs to have a competant government in place through dialogue with Indians sort out the Kashmir conflict with India and once that is sorted in a fashion that suits the Pakistan and Indian public based in the Kashmir regions then all hositilies between both nations should be dropped.

All the Pakistanis on this site that praise the Chinese constantly without any thought are idiots, yes they are good friends and i have a good perception of Chinese people however friends can turn instantly on you. Pakistan must find it's own feet in this world and stop this plague affecting our country whereby our leaders seek foreign assistance/aid instead of relying on our own peoples ability to help improve our condition.

if i am Incharge of Pakistan...I will invite both China and Turkey to have military base in Pakistan for collective security...

if i am Incharge of Pakistan...I will invite both China and Turkey to have military basis in Pakistan for collective security...

A joint base with China seems like a good idea.
helps with some security issues too :)

Back
Top Bottom