What's new

China seeks to strengthen ties with GCC

al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Tago.jpg

FRIENDS: Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi speaks to Arab News during his visit to Riyadh. (AN photo)

RIYADH: ABDUL HANNAN TAGO

Published — Saturday 18 January 2014

Last update 18 January 2014 1:28 am

China hopes to strengthen ties with Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries at their third meeting in Beijing on Friday, a Chinese official said.
Chinese Ambassador Li Chengwen told Arab News on Thursday that he had high expectations from the meeting.
Hong Li, Chinese spokesperson at the Foreign Ministry, said the third round of talks would be co-chaired by Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and Sabah Al-Khalid Al-Hamad Al-Sabah, the first deputy prime minister and foreign minister of Kuwait. Kuwait currently has the rotating presidency of the GCC.
Hong said the dialogue would bring together GCC Secretary General Abdul Latif bin Rashid Al-Zayani, Mohammed Rumaihi, assistant to the foreign minister of Qatar, and various other officials.
Li told Arab News that Yahya Al-Zaid, ambassador to Beijing, would represent Saudi Arabia.
“We see this as a strategic discussion between China and GCC states to develop bilateral relations,” Li said. He hoped there would be further cultural and trade links developed, and common ground found on key international issues.
Wang recently said that China has trade ties going back to the 2,000-year-old Silk Road. In modern times, China has supported Arab states to win independence, he said.
On the Syrian issue, Wang said this situation could only be solved politically. He said war would breed further violence and hatred.

China seeks to strengthen ties with GCC | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Tago.jpg

FRIENDS: Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi speaks to Arab News during his visit to Riyadh. (AN photo)

RIYADH: ABDUL HANNAN TAGO

Published — Saturday 18 January 2014

Last update 18 January 2014 1:28 am

China hopes to strengthen ties with Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries at their third meeting in Beijing on Friday, a Chinese official said.
Chinese Ambassador Li Chengwen told Arab News on Thursday that he had high expectations from the meeting.
Hong Li, Chinese spokesperson at the Foreign Ministry, said the third round of talks would be co-chaired by Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and Sabah Al-Khalid Al-Hamad Al-Sabah, the first deputy prime minister and foreign minister of Kuwait. Kuwait currently has the rotating presidency of the GCC.
Hong said the dialogue would bring together GCC Secretary General Abdul Latif bin Rashid Al-Zayani, Mohammed Rumaihi, assistant to the foreign minister of Qatar, and various other officials.
Li told Arab News that Yahya Al-Zaid, ambassador to Beijing, would represent Saudi Arabia.
“We see this as a strategic discussion between China and GCC states to develop bilateral relations,” Li said. He hoped there would be further cultural and trade links developed, and common ground found on key international issues.
Wang recently said that China has trade ties going back to the 2,000-year-old Silk Road. In modern times, China has supported Arab states to win independence, he said.

On the Syrian issue, Wang said this situation could only be solved politically. He said war would breed further violence and hatred.

China seeks to strengthen ties with GCC | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

They are friends who always be a friend in need. Good move and i want to see SA,Pakistan and China in weapon manufacturing business and it is my dream that SA will manufacturer her own weapons and not to import weapons.:enjoy:

They are friends who always be a friend in need. Good move and i want to see SA,Pakistan and China in weapon manufacturing business and it is my dream that SA will manufacturer her own weapons and not to import weapons.:enjoy:

China is definetely a future ally. I hope so as well.

But the weapon industry is actually moving forward and there has been a lot of encouraging works. But it is a long and hard process.

But if you can get the best weapons then it is always easier to buy. This is the curse if you are a wealthy state.

@Bubblegum Crisis can share dozens of links since he is knowledgeable about this area and has many links stored. I sadly do not.

Last edited:

But the weapon industry is actually moving forward and there has been a lot of encouraging works. But it is a long and hard process.

But if you can get the best weapons then it is always easier to buy. This is the curse if you are a wealthy state.

@Bubblegum Crisis can share dozens of links since he is knowledge about this area and has many links stored. I sadly do not.

@Bubblegum Crisis can share dozens of links since he is knowledgeable about this area and has many links stored. I sadly do not.

Even if you are wealthier you will not get the best example F22 and if have your own then you don't need to take any permission to do whatever you like to integrated on them

Fantastic news. :cheers:

There are many vital areas of cooperation with the GCC that we must continue to develop.

I believe we are already the largest trading partner for many of the GCC nations. Our level of demand for technological cooperation and resources will only continue to increase in the future.

One day, we will become a developed nation with over 1+ billion people. The potential for economic and technological cooperation between us is limitless.

January 19, 2015

Air Arabia to become first Mideast budget carrier in China
The airline plans to launch non-stop return flights from its hub in Sharjah three times weekly

A low-cost airline from the UAE says it plans to begin flying to Urumqi, China, next month — becoming the first discount carrier from the Mideast to tap the Chinese market.

Air Arabia’s announcement Monday underscores the growing links between China and the oil-rich Gulf region. Urumqi is the capital of Xinjiang region, which is home to China’s Muslim Uighur minority.

The airline plans to launch non-stop return flights from its hub in Sharjah three times weekly to the western Chinese city beginning February 10.

The Emirates, home to the region’s busiest airport in Dubai, has emerged as a major intercontinental aviation hub. Full-service UAE airlines Emirates and Etihad Airways already fly to major mainland Chinese cities including Beijing and Shanghai, but low-cost carrier FlyDubai does not.

Air Arabia to become first Mideast budget carrier in China | GulfNews.com

Back
Top Bottom