What's new

China paper calls for Alliance with India against US.

Punjabbi Munda

Reaction score
China it seems is looking towards India to form a new alignment and counter United State's policy of expanding influence in Asia.

Few days after commenting that India's democratic system and hostile media were the impediments against better Sino-India relations, a government-run newspaper said that the two countries should set aside differences to offset the US's foray into the region.

"…the development of the China-India relations is being tested by the United States' strategic adjustment in the Asia-Pacific Region, which will have a complicated and in-depth influence on the future of China-India relations," the People's Daily said in an opinion piece.

It referred to the first US-Japan-India trilateral dialogue held last year and said the effort was to besiege China. Instead of getting into an apparent anti-China effort, India should enter into a strategic partnership with China that will create,"… a mutual trust and benefit featured Asian security environment and deter penetration from foreign powers who attempt to interfere with Asian affairs."

In November, President Barack Obama said that the US would expand its military influence in the Asia-Pacific region. So, it is to counter this US attempt that China is now looking at India.
Paper calls for China, India alliance against US - Hindustan Times

Now they want us!:blink:

Alliance? and tht too with China? LOL

I think China doesn't get our policy.

We aren't even allied with Russia even tho no one can replace the trust tht has developed between the two nations over decades.China is nothing compared to this.

Contries dont forget the past ..they only find ways to work things out if it favors them.

:china: GO CHINA creating peace in the region would keep americans out, I think although limited contact up to joint exercise would create mutual trust and china might give up its claim on disputed areas more easily... In my view its the insecurity of a country that creates wars. Look at US they are scared of terrorists so they spend billions to keep them out :rofl:

May be what the Chines Paper says is true to keep of US from entering our back yard in ASIA.
but CHINA sure has to understand that INDIA is neither against a country nor with a country. we stand for what is good for us and to the region. we do not forge aliance in the idea of countering CHINA nor do we oppose US (Any thing between US and CHINA, its their own duty to sort out an all amicable solution rather than creating panga/enemity with the other).

A dialog would be welcome, so that each side can understand what the other expects of them. This need not be directed against another nation.

Lol i thought they dont need it unless we improve relations with Pak?? :woot:

What government run newspaper it is? Some major national paper or a local one?

Wow! That's a major make-over after that People's Daily article a few months back talked of "teaching us a lesson". What's with the change of tone? :what:

LOL, what happened to 1962 spanking? I bet once China gets what they want, they will come back with the 1962 remarks.

there is a need of an hour that all countries in asia form an alliance against expansionist China and teach it a lesson that probably its history didnt teach her properly!

no strategic alliance is possible with China...not now and not in foreseen future....

it seems like china is sensing trouble in its backyard, improve ur relations with india & solve disputes then we can think of an alliance till then fight ur battle alone. U.S is becoming a threat to china not india.

LOL, what happened to 1962 spanking? I bet once China gets what they want, they will come back with the 1962 remarks.

What happened to 1962 spanking? can you tell us more?

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

there is a need of an hour that all countries in asia form an alliance against expansionist China and teach it a lesson that probably its history didnt teach her properly!

no strategic alliance is possible with China...not now and not in foreseen future....

what is the need of the hour? are you in trouble now?

What happened to 1962 spanking? can you tell us more?

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

what is the need of the hour? are you in trouble now?

Last time i remember, China got its a$$ spanked back to homeland by India.

and in 1979, China also got its a$$ spanked back to homeland by Vietnam.

That was a very good question, Chinatoday. Thanks for bringing that up.

Back
Top Bottom