What's new

China, not Pakistan, is India's main threat

Status
Not open for further replies.
No - the Chinese did not conduct 26/11 or orchestrated attack on Parliament or Akshardham. China is a potential threat - but stapling Visas is not the same as killing innocent women and children.

exactly , we just went on war with the chinese once , that was 50 year' ago, and i personally feel it was our mistake we should not have interfered in the tibet issue , since 1962 india -china relations have been stable, china has never supported any terror activitie's in our nation , till date not a single innocent indian civilian has died due to any chinese action, so why view chinese as our enemies , we must help improve our relationship with china.

i dont understand why all the media is biased against china...... there is no gunshots fired across in india-china border as we can see as daily routine in india -pak border.. and our economic partneship growing strongly.... i cant see any conflict over there

the 1962 attack on India was seen as a potential method of ensuring no competition from Indian economy for next 50 years which would outwiegh the current costs of war. I must admit that their strategy was successfull as it has ensured no competition b/w India and China for past 50 years.

As part-II of that plan china is going to attack India again to show of it's strength and make sure Indian economy doesn't compete with it for next 50 years. this attack will take place in 2012 exactly 50years after the previous attack.

Similarly Pakistan has more threats from Afghanistan and internally than India

the 1962 attack on India was seen as a potential method of ensuring no competition from Indian economy for next 50 years which would outwiegh the current costs of war. I must admit that their strategy was successfull as it has ensured no competition b/w India and China for past 50 years.

As part-II of that plan china is going to attack India again to show of it's strength and make sure Indian economy doesn't compete with it for next 50 years. this attack will take place in 2012 exactly 50years after the previous attack.

really funny and systematic tooo....

lol , nice conspiracy theory

what???? are you guys telling me this topic never been discussed on this forum about a potential Sino-Indian War in 2012 ?

just think how bad it'll be for us
FGFA/AMCA/IAC all will be killed in the aftermath:(

and By the way what are the Maoist insurgents if not Chinese Al-qaida?????

Our growing power is definitely a threat to India, but it doesn't mean that we are actually hostile toward India. :coffee:

It is not the growing power that is a concern to India. It is the anti India manouvering and hostile proxy engagement that worries India. But I am sure that you know that already.

However, it is good that soon the situation will move further then the proxy utility engagement. That is when the question of an acceptable risk escalation with direct action will arise. I am sure that beyond that once India crosses that threshold, India and China will in quite an amiable stalemate.

Economy had nothing to do with it. The 62 Indo Sino conflict was more due to reasons internal to China and so will be any future direct conflict up to around 2020. Nothing direct before 2020 because that will gaurantee a Chinese demise and US resurgence. Till then, regular proxy needling services will continue. We all know, who will ultimately losing in that. But hey, I am totally with the idea of extracting the maximum mileage out of a fast depreciating asset.

I don't think China is a big threat but some concerns are there due to various reasons.

India-China Competition will increase the gap in huge way between India and Pakistan. Sometime, Threat is Good. :agree:

Yup, threat and fear are always good. Best weapons to ensure increasing efficiency and effectiveness.

China's strategy with Pakistan indeed prevents India's dominance and conquest in Asia.

However, naturally we don't really possess the evil intention to harm India. :coffee:

China's strategy is admirable. It is in effect the essence of opportunism which is a need for every successful country to espouse. The current strategy is of optimised returns with a pittance of investment and eventually not posing any existential risk to the investor. May be just the future necessity to shift positions and support when the asset is totally spent. Why not get maximum out of a wilful self destructing asset?

And I agree, there is no intent or will in China to indulge direct hostility for harming India. Not now and only minutely possible in future too.

India and China will anyway be very good friends soon enough! What are a few years?

I'm of the view that India don't want to engage in any war nor she wants to assume Pakistan as its REAL THREAT...but its need to revamp its forces is due to its neighboring countries i.e. China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom