What's new

China is keen to sell its indigenously developed nuclear power reactors to India

I just find most of the discussion absurd. May be 20 years back you would have said that China produce inferior quality products. Not now. They have moved way up in value chain.

Is India producing all top quality products? How many Indian products are known worldwide? Other than cloths, I do not find anything made in India in foreign countries.

Guys, come on, be rational.

As I said HSR should be considered very seriously (not likely to be as good as the Japanese but will be reasonably good & much cheaper). Nuclear plants? Nope, not a chance.

As I said HSR should be considered very seriously (not likely to be as good as the Japanese but will be reasonably good & much cheaper). Nuclear plants? Nope, not a chance.
I was not really talking about Nuclear Plants but just most of the discussion that is going on.

I do not see India going with Chinese Nuclear Plants easily. But if say China propose joint R&D or some technology sharing, why not? US, Russia, France or Japan will not share any critical technology. China would be more than willing. Sharing technology was main reason China initially won Turkey's missile defense system contract.

Only reason India may go or agree for discussion is joint development. That would attract lot of opposition though. It might be very difficult for Govt. May be after few years if things improve.

I was not really talking about Nuclear Plants but just most of the discussion that is going on.

I do not see India going with Chinese Nuclear Plants easily. But if say China propose joint R&D or some technology sharing, why not? US, Russia, France or Japan will not share any critical technology. China would be more than willing. Sharing technology was main reason China initially won Turkey's missile defense system contract.

Only reason India may go or agree for discussion is joint development. That would attract lot of opposition though. It might be very difficult for Govt. May be after few years if things improve.

We are at present, a long way from such a relationship with China. On the nuclear front, the Russians get plenty of questions, the Chinese would pretty much be a no-go. Don't see a single state agreeing to a Chinese nuclear plant.

Last edited:
Trust? Your PM and government are elected by you right? Why not trust them, assume China is hostile and everyone is, but look through the deals, and supervise the operation.

Trust is very weird, we "trusted" the US before 1989, we imported blackhawks, during a maintenance session, we found tracking chips in them, keep in mind this is still sort of the honey moon period.

You don't need to trust us, trust yourself.

I hate these trust conversations, I don't trust anyone, I trust myself and my decisions, that's how I conduct myself.

Who can you really trust anyways as a nation, you don't think the US isn't thinking what would happen if you get too powerful? Or even Russia?

We Indians are simple kind of people, we can't shake hands and keep fighting at the same time. :)

We Indians are simple kind of people, we can't shake hands and keep fighting at the same time. :)

Well, guess we have nothing to worry about from India then:devil:

The nation best at this is Americans and ironically us. A joke for our businessmen is if you shot me and I don't die, we can do business again on my hospital bed. lol

That's the type of attitude you need to take to the table.

Well, guess we have nothing to worry about from India then:devil:

The nation best at this is Americans and ironically us. A joke for our businessmen is if you shot me and I don't die, we can do business again on my hospital bed. lol

That's the type of attitude you need to take to the table.

Most Indians would say that: If you shot me and I don't die, then I am coming for you!! And India being a democracy, our government can't do purely hardcore cold deplomacy/business without taking into account public opinion or its repercussions.

No need to buy chinese technology, they themselves getting it from France. We are installing our own reacrors and if required for stopgap measure, buy russia and usa.

Not required! We are doing very well in Nuclear R&D.

Goode gesture from China but we would rather get these from Western countries or Russia who has the established record for reactors. In parallel, we should also speed up our own indigenous building capabilities.

Propelled by incidents related to border disputes, Chinese opposition to the US-India nuclear energy deal, India’s angst over the growing trade deficit due to perceived Chinese unfair trade practices, potential Chinese plans to dam the Brahmaputra River, and the “war talk” in the official Chinese media in the 2007 to 2009 period (reminding India not to forget “the lessons of 1962”), mutual distrust between the Indian and Chinese peoples is growing. There are very minute chances of nuclear deal with China

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom