What's new

China is keen to sell its indigenously developed nuclear power reactors to India

Why China has move out from Pakistan to India. It seems that in near future they will be supplying weapons to India as well.

Chinas should never ever sell any nuclear reactors to India,for the money saved building one nuclear plant with 4 reactors using Chinese technology is enough to finance 15-20 top-notch 5th gen fighter jets。

The same logic goes for high-speed rails or any other infrastructures for that matter。

In short,China should refrain from investing in India,especially in fields that augument India's overall economic efficiency and competitiveness。

It is always a good idea and practice to make your competitors spend more money and time on projects of enduring and national importance。

Exactly my point, we should not allow china to invest here and make huge profits, that they can use to finance their military, we have other sources of investment from friendly countries.

Exactly my point, we should not allow china to invest here and make huge profits, that they can use to finance their military, we have other sources of investment from friendly countries.
leave d trolls bro,,this is a gud developement for India

can I ask you something, why is it that in China we are fine, but when ever it reaches India or countries like it something goes wrong.

Have you consider that?

We are flexible on the rules, our own politicians however they are, are promoted base on what they have done, and they don't want to be persecuted to the fullest extent of the law, so they have limits on what they are willing to do.

Indians on the other hand have no such worries apparently.

So stop blaming us and look at yourself, if we are as bad as some of you, especially one member say we are, India should be the 2nd biggest economy and we should be whereever you are now.

may i say you something??why is it that whenever we bought something from China,it always goes wrong??I mean,we operated equipments from many countries for decades now,faced no major problem about their quality or operational capability.but whenever we inducted something from China,disaster happens.see,I'm from West Bengal,where we inducted these turbines.you should follow up what happened then.first,the Turbine came with broken parts.then China replaced it,which was also faulty.and even now,5-6 years later,those parts still hemorrhaging the electricity production.even riot occurred withChinese workers.do you see we're blaming reactors that came from Canada,or Russian Plant or something??use your brain and don't blame a customer when your product breaks down.that generally doesn't satisfy your customer and you lose the market.

throw in those big yet empty words is the best you indian can. indians call China loser? haha, the joke of the century. you indians really an outlier of the world, speaking more arrogant than US and living in sub-sahara condition.

sub-saharan? thats what a fool knows about Indian geography, but then again, what can one expect from people like u.

What has happened in India due to nuclear power reactors. Cancer caused almost 70% of the 3,887 health-related deaths in the atomic energy hubs across the country over the last 20 years, an RTI reply has revealed. In all, 2,600 succumbed to cancer in 19 centres between 1995 and 2014. The query to the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), which, like the others, is under the Department of Atomic Energy, had another shocking revelation: 255 employees took their own lives while in harness in the same period, meaning an average of almost one every month over 20 years. Investigations showed they were mostly over prolonged illness or family problems

NO THANK YOU.

We don't need their plants, trains, etc.

They are strategic competitors. Not partners.

Resolve the border, and Chinese assistance to Pakistan first.

What has happened in India due to nuclear power reactors. Cancer caused almost 70% of the 3,887 health-related deaths in the atomic energy hubs across the country over the last 20 years, an RTI reply has revealed. In all, 2,600 succumbed to cancer in 19 centres between 1995 and 2014. The query to the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), which, like the others, is under the Department of Atomic Energy, had another shocking revelation: 255 employees took their own lives while in harness in the same period, meaning an average of almost one every month over 20 years. Investigations showed they were mostly over prolonged illness or family problems

you do study the news report properly,right???

Cancer behind 70% deaths in India's atomic energy hubs - The Times of India

its not about radiation leakage or something.in fact,I think from the figure what they gave,Cancer is far more severe in other parts too.

from the report,I want to highlight some parts................

A senior oncologist with Tata Memorial Hospital in Parel was also sceptical. The death certificates in the cases need to be closely studied, he said. "A cancer patient can die of a number of causes. How can we say 70% died due to cancer?" he asked.

Kothari's RTI data showed that the remaining 1,287 of the 3,887 health-related deaths occurred due to the following reasons: cardiac arrest, strokes, liver failure, multiple organ failure, tuberculosis, cardio-respiratory diseases, septicemia, cirrhosis of liver, cerebro-vascular diseases, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, mellitus, asthma and hypertension.

"A majority of death of its gazetted officers reported in the DAE centres across the country was found to have been caused by cancer and not radiation. It is impossible to trace one single factor as being responsible for the cancer," said a retired senior BARC scientist.

Cancer is a common disease in India.around 7% of death generally gets attributed to this.and it is not always due to radiations.Cancers do happen for multiple reasons.like the readers,even I think that the author know jack about radiation leakage about what he wants to give a hint.if any of such case happened,we'd see multifold increment of deaths due to various diseases which could happen from radiation leak.

As explained by @GR!FF!N above, and how do we know what happens in China, do you have RTI? Do you know the meaning of RTI?

And this one is from the same newspaper two days later:

16% deaths at atomic energy centres due to cancer, says DAE - The Times of India

Mumbai: Cancer was responsible for 16% deaths among Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) employees between January 2010 and April 2014, said epidemiologists from the DAE-run Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, on Tuesday. They said the figure was similar to cancer death rates in urban India.

The experts said this while repudiating RTI-based information showing a high incidence of cancer-related deaths in India's nuclear research centres over the last two decades. Tata Memorial Centre (TMC) director Dr Rajendra Badwe said, "Information showing cancer causing almost 70% of the 3,887 deaths caused by ailment in workers of atomic energy hubs over 20 years appears unusually high and likely to be factually incorrect.'' He said the Tata team wanted to allay fears and concerns raised among DAE workers and the general public at large.

The team analyzed data from DAE centres between January 2010 and April 2014 and found 16% cancer deaths among employees. "The actual cancer deaths are likely to be lower. This RTI information pertained to DAE hospital-based deaths. And, hospital-based death registration is known to show erroneous, inflated rates as compared to population-based data,'' the director added.

TMC conducted the Million Death Study, published in the medical journal Lancet in March 2012, revealing that 7% deaths in all age groups in India could be attributed to cancer.

The Tata doctors found similar results in a study among 22,224 DAE workers and their families at three major Indian nuclear installations (Tarapur, Kaiga and Kakrapar) between 1981 and 2012. "The study found 252 cancer cases, accounting for 0.29% point prevalence of cancer. This is consistent with the national average of 0.23%,'' said Dr Badwe, adding that cancer accounted for only 9% of all deaths in this population with a majority likely to be in relatives rather than employees.

In another cancer surveillance study, DAE doctors looked at the cancer burden among the population residing around eight nuclear installations around the country, including Rawatbhata, Karwar, Kalpakkam and Kudankulam. "This revealed a crude incidence rate of cancer in the range of 28.7 to 87.4 per 100,000 persons. This compares favourably with the national average rates of 78.8 per 100,000 reported by the Indian Council of Medical Research-led National Cancer Registry programme (25 registries) and crude cancer incidence estimate of 80.7 per 100,000, as reported by the Globocan project of the International Agency for Cancer in Lyon, France,'' said Dr Badwe.

The Tata doctors said internationally too, there was no data to link radiation, nuclear power plant staff and cancer-related deaths.

Last edited:
Actually I am not convinced about China.

which part? The higher growth or the 10 trillion dollar economy?

NO THANK YOU.

We don't need their plants, trains, etc.

They are strategic competitors. Not partners.

Resolve the border, and Chinese assistance to Pakistan first.

cool, you can keep going the way you have then, who am I to say you need to improve.

which part? The higher growth or the 10 trillion dollar economy?

I am not convinced about China's "Friendly" relationship with us and its actual intentions towards us. I am talking about the "Trust deficit" that we have with China, and I am not convinced that China actually wants to build a healthy relationship with us based on mutual cooperation and trust. Recently China did another incursion and camping on our side of the LAC even when China was supposedly looking forward to improve relationship with us under the leadership of our new PM. If China is actually interested to have a healthy relationship with us, then a fresh incursion right after the new PM took charge was not the way to start building that relationship, was it?

I am not convinced about China's "Friendly" relationship with us and its actual intentions towards us. I am talking about the "Trust deficit" that we have with China, and I am not convinced that China actually wants to build a healthy relationship with us based on mutual cooperation and trust. Recently China did another incursion and camping on our side of the LAC even when China was supposedly looking forward to improve relationship with us under the leadership of our new PM. If China is actually interested to have a healthy relationship with us, then a fresh incursion right after the new PM took charge was not the way to start building that relationship, was it?

Trust? Your PM and government are elected by you right? Why not trust them, assume China is hostile and everyone is, but look through the deals, and supervise the operation.

Trust is very weird, we "trusted" the US before 1989, we imported blackhawks, during a maintenance session, we found tracking chips in them, keep in mind this is still sort of the honey moon period.

You don't need to trust us, trust yourself.

I hate these trust conversations, I don't trust anyone, I trust myself and my decisions, that's how I conduct myself.

Who can you really trust anyways as a nation, you don't think the US isn't thinking what would happen if you get too powerful? Or even Russia?

we don't select customers,but customers select the products they can afford..

I just find most of the discussion absurd. May be 20 years back you would have said that China produce inferior quality products. Not now. They have moved way up in value chain.

Is India producing all top quality products? How many Indian products are known worldwide? Other than cloths, I do not find anything made in India in foreign countries.

Guys, come on, be rational.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom