What's new

China-India ties to be big story of 21st century: Rao

Most Chinese people I know have a great admiration for Indian culture and for Indian people. :cheers:

On the internet though there are a lot of Chinese "ultra-nationalists" who don't like anyone at all, not even other Chinese people. They don't represent how the average Chinese person feels.

That is the same feeling I get. I have met many Chinese people in India and outside and there was never a problem striking conversation in a really mutually respectful manner. In fact its striking how similar we are when you interact despite the vast cultural differences.

Most Indians I know have a lot of respect for China both for its recent achievements and its ancient civilization. There is no problem at the people to people level. It is just geopolitics and competition for resources. The ancient civilizations that we both are, we will find a way to co-exist and cooperate. I am sure of that.

That is the same feeling I get. I have met many Chinese people in India and outside and there was never a problem striking conversation in a really mutually respectful manner. In fact its striking how similar we are when you interact despite the vast cultural differences.

Most Indians I know have a lot of respect for China both for its recent achievements and its ancient civilization. There is no problem at the people to people level. It is just geopolitics and competition for resources. The ancient civilizations that we both are, we will find a way to co-exist and cooperate. I am sure of that.

I agree. :cheers:

In fact.... a great deal of Chinese culture is fundamentally based on Buddhism, which originated in India. So in theory we should be getting along very well with each other.

The reason why there is tension, is because we have different political systems. India has democracy while China has one-party authoritarianism. Like you said, it is a geopolitical issue.

But China has only been Communist for 30 years, in a civilization that has lasted for over 5000 years. We need to look beyond political systems and promote more people-to-people contact. This is surely the way forward. :tup:

IN17_IND14149B_4733f.jpg

That is quite a nice picture actually.

Their expressions are quite similar, lol. :thinktank:

Ahhh two great civilizations...5000years old...two civilized people joining hands against the barbaric westerners....its really a romantic idea....epic is the word really. :cool:

However as much as the Chinese want us to understand them, they need to understand the Indian psyche too. From what I gather these are some of the doubts which form in both of our minds

1. What if the Chinese just see us as slaves, they'll invade and then colonize us just like the goras (Britishers) ?

2. What if they despise us and will keep hurting/fingering us until they're paid back in kind ?

3.What if Chinese extend their hand, but the paranoid Indians do something foolish ?

4. What if it the Indians are just pseudo westerners and they'll blindly follow whatever their masters tell them ?

btw my thoughts are kind of 2ish :azn: and a little 3ish :cheesy:

:pop::pop:

:rofl::rofl: Dont tell me INDUS CIVILISATION, is in india:rofl:

In fact political system of any country is a non-issue for Indians. We are not in the business of promoting democracy aka the West. The Chinese or any country for that matter need to decide what works for them.

This is again an issues only on forum debates for point scoring. To me what matters is whether the system delivers and whether the ordinary citizen is empowered.

In fact political system of any country is a non-issue for Indians. We are not in the business of promoting democracy aka the West. The Chinese or any country for that matter need to decide what works for them.

This is again an issues only on forum debates for point scoring. To me what matters is whether the system delivers and whether the ordinary citizen is empowered.

I think both systems are working well, after all... BOTH of our Economies are now the envy of the world with a spectacular rate of growth!

For Chinese people, Democracy is a long-term goal. The idea is to develop first and then gain Democracy later... like the way South Korea and Taiwan did it.

It would be nice to have Democracy right now... but that might lead to a civil war and a lot of bloodshed. So I think it's best to wait for the time being, and slowly introduce democratic reforms. That is how I see it personally.

Most Chinese people I know have a great admiration for Indian culture and for Indian people. :cheers:

On the internet though there are a lot of Chinese "ultra-nationalists" who don't like anyone at all, not even other Chinese people. They don't represent how the average Chinese person feels.

That is so true. Many indians form their opinions about china and chinese people through internet. I've been to china and my impression is that they are more like us than many other cultures. They welcome you into their homes and trust me, it's a great thing to be a guest in a traditional chinese household ! :smitten:

That is so true. Many indians form their opinions about china and chinese people through internet. I've been to china and my impression is that they are more like us than many other cultures. They welcome you into their homes and trust me, it's a great thing to be a guest in a traditional chinese household ! :smitten:

The internet is a terrible place to form an opinion of any people.It draws crude caricatures of everyone and is over-represented by people looking for a fight. I'm glad you were made welcome in China.

(how did you find the food? I am personally addicted to a good curry, so there must be some commonalties between Indian and Chinese cuisine)

I am very happy to hear that you were made to feel welcome in China. :cheers:

My uncle went to macau,hongkong,beijing he liked it so much tht he stayed there for almost 3 months until we dragged him back home. :)

He said tht chinese people were awesome n whenever he told anyone where he was frm he was warmly welcomed n often they called him brother or frnd.

Last edited:
My uncle went to macau,hongkong,beijing he liked it so much tht he stayed there for almost 3 months until we dragged him back homo. :)

He said tht chinese people were awesome n whenever he told anyone where he was frm he was warmly welcomed n often they called him brother or frnd.

lol I hope you meant you dragged him backhome

Stop stereotyping people, it's getting ridiculous.

How many Indian people do you personally know, that you can make such generalisations?

i know more indian than u ever know my friend , in fact the company i work for employed many indians

Back
Top Bottom