What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

China's West Loop high-speed railway line pictured in amazing aerial photographs | Daily Mail Online

Published: 17:12 GMT, 26 November 2015 | Updated: 19:24 GMT, 26 November 2015

2EC4335D00000578-0-image-a-31_1448553946963.jpg

Stunning images have emerged of China's new Hainan high-speed railway line which is the first of its kind to encircle an entire island.

2EC433B600000578-0-image-a-23_1448553601189.jpg

The construction project on the island of Hainan, in south China, has taken nearly three years to complete and has now started test runs

2EC40CC300000578-0-image-a-26_1448553871899.jpg

China's circular high-speed railway passes through stunning landscapes including mountains, farmlands, small villages and bustling cities

Southern Provinces get snow too, but mostly the northern regions of Yunnan, Guangxi and Guangdong. Northwestern Yunnan is high plateaus, so it snows regularly. It snows occasionally in northern Guangxi and Guangdong.

Lijiang, Yunnan
View attachment 275916
View attachment 275915

In 2008 during spring festival, there was a disastrous snow hitting Southern China, including Hubei, Hunan and Northern Guangxi. All electrified railway had to be replaced by diesel locomotives(Most railways in Southern China were not equipped with anti-snow/ice devices) . Thousands of migrant workers had to wait for a long time at the railway station. At that time I was in high school, there was such heavy snow in campus, I fell over myself several times due to the sick ice on open-air stairs.
2008 Chinese winter storms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
@Daniel808

View attachment 275918 View attachment 275920 View attachment 275919 View attachment 275921

Thousands of migrant workers waiting for diesel trains which were heading towards southern China from across the country for the rescue.
View attachment 275922

Premier Wen at Changsha railway station
View attachment 275923

Thanks for the photos, brother @AndrewJin
Hope right know, China HSR Railway had been equipped with Anti ice devices.
So, if any Heavy Winter storm coming again. Southern China is ready.

Let's go tropical, the first ever loop of HSR is closing as we speak.
Hainan Island will have a ring of HSR connecting all coastal regions!

%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E5%BF%AB%E7%85%A7-2015-03-29-18-07-11-png.234052

Image provided by @AndrewJin
I should draw a new map, solid line instead of dashed line, late this December!

New station of Jianfeng Township.
Road to the station is done, automatic ticket machines are installed, platforms are cleaned, everything settled! Hope everything about the ongoing trial operation is going smoothly!
@Daniel808 @ahojunk @Nan Yang @cirr @TaiShang @Dungeness @Abotani @Rasengan @Gufi et al
18199668_707855.jpg
18199665_601090.jpg
18199669_211923.jpg
18199664_997258.jpg

Last edited:
Do you know of any good english documentaries (that you have watched) about Chinese HSR?
I have watched some, one was made by discovery, but i could not found its english version. It's about CRH380A and Beijing-Shanghai HSR.
The Chinese version of this discovery documantary

One English-subtitle video made by the team of a railway technology research project

One Chinese documentary about some technological details of HSR
@TaiShang @powastick @Nan Yang

I have watched some, one was made by discovery, but i could not found its english version. It's about CRH380A and Beijing-Shanghai HSR.
The Chinese version of this discovery documantary

One English-subtitle video made by the team of a railway technology research project

One Chinese documentary about some technological details of HSR
@TaiShang @powastick @Nan Yang

Great that will have to do for now.

There was a really good one for the TGV factory I remember watching...either national geographic or discovery i cant remember.

BTW I have been meaning to ask, how much is the % that HSR in China carries of all passenger rail traffic? Also whats the same by revenue breakdown? Thanks!

Last edited:
Great that will have to do for now.

There was a really good one for the TGV factory I remember watching...either national geographic or discovery i cant remember.

BTW I have been meaning to ask, how much is the % that HSR in China carries of all passenger rail traffic? Also whats the same by revenue breakdown? Thanks!
Ridership 40%, 3000+ trains per day on 18,000km network.
Concerning revenue, dunno, must be higher than 40%. In Eastern China, the percentage of ridership is over 50-60%.

Photos taken last week in Changsha
Nearly empty traditional train
1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg

Changsha's HSR hub
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Laos-China Rail Project Construction Commences
By Vientiane Times
04:17, December 04, 2015

FOREIGN201512040414000511940368243.jpg

President Choummaly Sayasone (centre right), Zhang Dejiang (centre left) break ground to commence construction of the China-Laos railway project in Vientiane, capital of Laos, on December 2015.

Laos and China kick off construction in Vientiane of a joint railway project on December 2, 2015. The railway line will link Vientiane with the Chinese border port Boten over a distance of 427.2 kilometers, on which the electricity-powered trains can reach 160 km/h.

The construction will be completed in five years, said Lao Deputy Prime Minister Somsavat Lengsavad, who is also in charge of the project.

The Vientiane-Boten railway would be a catalyst of the Lao government’s efforts in switching the nation from being landlocked into a land-linked one, and it coincides with the One Belt One Road Initiative raised by Chinese President Xi Jinping, said the Deputy Prime Minister.

The project will adopt the Chinese technique standard and use Chinese equipment, and China takes up 70 percent of the total $62.3 billion investment, according to Chinese government.

The railway, entering Laos from Boten border port, will wind all the way south in the country to connect with Thailand’s planned rail line at the Thai border in Nong Khai province via Laos.

The Vientiane-Boten railway will form part of the regional rail link known as the Kunming-Singapore rail network over a distance of 3,000km. The rail line will link China's Kunming all the way down to Singapore, passing through Laos, Thailand and Malaysia.

Laos President Choummaly Sayasone and Zhang Dejiang, Chairman of the Standing Committee of National People's Congress (NPC) of China, attended the groundbreaking ceremony in the Lao capital.

December 2, 2015 was also the 40th anniversary of the founding of Lao People’s Democratic Republic.

Jiujiang-Quzhou railway line scheduled to be put into operation in 2017
Source: Xinhua | December 5, 2015, Saturday |
020151205101856.jpg

Workers lay rails at the construction site of Hukou section of Jiujiang-Quzhou railway line, east China's Jiangxi Province, Dec. 4, 2015. The 333-kilometer-long railway is scheduled to be put into operation in 2017.

Back
Top Bottom