What's new

China denies incursion into India

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
(PTI):A day after reports claimed that China has violated the international border in the Ladakh region, Beijing on Monday categorically denied that its Army had intruded into Indian territory.

“Reports of incursions are groundless. Incursions into India never happened,” Chinese Foreign Ministry was quoted as saying by a news channel. “We will seek a friendly solution to the issue through negotiations,” the Chinese added.

The clarification was necessitated following reports, quoting official sources, claimed that the Chinese troops entered nearly 1.5 kilometres into India near Mount Gya in the Chumar sector, recognised as International border by India and China in Ladakh.

Moreover, the intruders painted “China” in Cantonese with Red spray paint on boulders and rocks in the area. The 22,420 ft Mount Gya, also known as “fair princess of snow” by Army is located at the tri-junction of Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir, Spiti in Himachal Pradesh, and Tibet. Its boundary was marked during the British era and regarded as International border by the two countries.

The border patrol discovered the red paint markings on various rocks and boulders along the Zulung La (pass) on July 31 and the Chinese had entered into the area and written “China” and “China” all over the place, the sources said. However, when asked to comment on the issue, Indian Army spokesperson declined to answer any queries regarding this, saying it was an operational matter.

Though the spokesperson refused to answer further questions, senior Army officials said the issue was being downplayed as three of its Generals were currently in Beijing and Lhasa under an exchange programme. This incident was viewed with seriousness by the officials as the Chinese have made foray into these areas for the first time since Independence and sprayed the area with red marking as deep as 1.5 to 1.7 kilometres of the Indian territory.
The border forces talked to the locals located along the border in Ladakh and Spiti from where they came to know about the incursions by the People’s Liberation Army of China in this area.

Indo-China border one of the most peaceful: MEA

New Delhi, Sep 7 (PTI) : Notwithstanding the incidents of Chinese aggression, Ministry of External Affairs today described as “most peaceful” the boundary with China and said these “incursions” will be certainly sorted out. “Let me go on record to say that this (border with China) has been one of the most peaceful boundaries that we have had as compared to other boundary lines with other countries,” Minister for External Affairs S M Krishna told reporters. He was asked about the incidents of China violating India’s airspace and International Border.
Noting that the country has a very long border of over 3000 km with China, Krishna said “there is a built-in mechanism which is in place and which takes care of such incursions.” “With China, I think the boundary has been one of the most peaceful. So, there is no issue on that. There is no problem on that.

Chinese Foreign ministry on Monday said reports of yet another Chinese incursion into India are groundless. The Chinese Foreign Ministry said: “Reports of any incursion into India are groundless and based on incidents which never happened.”
The statement further claimed that Beijing seeks a fair and mutually understandable solution through a peaceful and friendly negotiation between both the Asian giants.

From:Current News | Latest News | Breaking News | Nagaland News - MorungExpress.com - ?China denies incursions into India?

Basically Indian media used this as scare-mongering war-propaganda to distract her citizens. There was no 'incursion' as the border is disputed. It is "perceived" Line-of-Control, not actual LoC.

All right folks, we can move on.

Basically Indian media used this as scare-mongering war-propaganda to distract her citizens. There was no 'incursion' as the border is disputed. It is "perceived" Line-of-Control, not actual LoC.

All right folks, we can move on.

Sir i think china more worried then our indian media. China knew if indian media keep provoking indian goverment then india would take offensive action and will build our forces more strong in indo-china border which ain't in favour of china's instrest. Thats why china came in open against indian media. They knew if they dont say anything then situation would get worse. Sir china did incrusion into india but it wasn't for provoking india or war. It was purely for saying india lets settle border disputes by talk as soon as possible. Their strategy went wrong Sir. It made india even more energetic and now work on border getting even more fast sir. China has to change their strategy now as india now no longer who talks sweet and low voice. In past china did threat india on many occations but now china has to change their strategy or it would make india even more strong. Best way to calm india is by not provoking india. i hope message went in china now after the incrusion and the reaction of it. Thank you sir.

Sir i think china more worried then our indian media. China knew if indian media keep provoking indian goverment then india would take offensive action and will build our forces more strong in indo-china border which ain't in favour of china's instrest. Thats why china came in open against indian media. They knew if they dont say anything then situation would get worse. Sir china did incrusion into india but it wasn't for provoking india or war. It was purely for saying india lets settle border disputes by talk as soon as possible. Their strategy went wrong Sir. It made india even more energetic and now work on border getting even more fast sir. China has to change their strategy now as india now no longer who talks sweet and low voice. In past china did threat india on many occations but now china has to change their strategy or it would make india even more strong. Best way to calm india is by not provoking india. i hope message went in china now after the incrusion and the reaction of it. Thank you sir.

but all of that is purely ur view, who knows that the chinese government is thinking, anyways for now at least the boarder area is generally peaceful, incursion and such happen but so far nothing major have surfaced or happened yet

but all of that is purely ur view, who knows that the chinese government is thinking, anyways for now at least the boarder area is generally peaceful, incursion and such happen but so far nothing major have surfaced or happened yet

Sir yes thats my view and am sure my view on target. Sir china cant do much. The small incursion and diploymatic move is only left now for china. Diploymatic move wont work much as india an emerging power. In past china did made alot moves but now they dont have much option left with. Now they accussed india for spying their military. They said india brake law by searching cargo plane from UAE to china. They ain't left with much now sir. Small incursion and mouth talking only remained now for them to do.

My personal take on Chinese is bit different. As far as India is concerned if Chinese will never do the incursion kind of stuff for war. If they want to provoke India they will fire head on... They are not weak to use such tactics to agitate India. May be their is some message which they want to convey which the Indian media is not able to stipulate.

Anyways though being on other sides Indians and Chinese have hardly been involved in insurgencies in each others side. They have stood their ground as man. This is one reason I really respect Chinese even being an enemy. They have hardly tried any such thing and have kept the spirit of being good soldiers on the other side rather then getting involved with backdoor tactics though there have been diplomatic diffrences on the international matters. But thats altogether diffrent story.

My personal take on Chinese is bit different. As far as India is concerned if Chinese will never do the incursion kind of stuff for war. If they want to provoke India they will fire head on... They are not weak to use such tactics to agitate India. May be their is some message which they want to convey which the Indian media is not able to stipulate.

Anyways though being on other sides Indians and Chinese have hardly been involved in insurgencies in each others side. They have stood their ground as man. This is one reason I really respect Chinese even being an enemy. They have hardly tried any such thing and have kept the spirit of being good soldiers on the other side rather then getting involved with backdoor tactics though there have been diplomatic diffrences on the international matters. But thats altogether diffrent story.

Sir yes thats my view and am sure my view on target. Sir china cant do much. The small incursion and diploymatic move is only left now for china. Diploymatic move wont work much as india an emerging power. In past china did made alot moves but now they dont have much option left with. Now they accussed india for spying their military. They said india brake law by searching cargo plane from UAE to china. They ain't left with much now sir. Small incursion and mouth talking only remained now for them to do.

i will respectfully disagree on what china can do and what its options are, but however i do agree that india is indeed a rising power and that in it self limits the options that china has in dealing with india. any major moves will surly have consequences that are not wanted by beijing. and these small incursions and mouth talk have been around for ages and are far as i can see, it is all they will do for now think of those as part of the status-quo as Beijing and new Delphi continues to say it didnt happen and thus little is done to end them

well with these incursion they are not supporting any kinda of insurgency in India all the reports out there only says the Chinese left old food or wrappers

well with these incursion they are not supporting any kinda of insurgency in India all the reports out there only says the Chinese left old food or wrappers

Well thats the way of saying "hello guys!!!!!!! see....... we were here":devil:

china incursion is like boon on disguise , this will make the GOI upgrade it 's defense capabilities

china is what it become today is confrontation with usa over Taiwan
they tried to match with usa military .In that way help them their military dominant over the region

for India ,,we are concentrate only to Pakistan for the last decade .and have over come the
military convention against them , now it is time for the concentration toward china military
so this incursion happen more is the better for India :cheers:

Well thats the way of saying "hello guys!!!!!!! see....... we were here":devil:

i agree

also with regards to the report,
it said the words were painted in Cantonese
ummm, Cantonese is a spoken dialect of Chinese
ie: not possible to write "china" in Cantonese as it would just be standard Chinese, ie: no difference between writing in Chinese with regards to dialects (with exception of certain not commonly used words)

unless they mean traditional characters which is also weird because simplified Chinese is standard in mainland china, normal people learn simplified. unless they are from macau, hongkong or taiwan but consider this: people from those 3 regions are not in the PLA so what do the reports mean when they say written in Cantonese ???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom