What's new

China Communist Party Intrudes In Mosque Life

Fact is Pakistan supports China with the Uighur issue...because simply many of the Uighur terrorists have come into Pakistan...and banded with many of the local terror groups. Furthermore both the Han and the Uighur people are not at fault....the reason is because the Uighur have failed to capatalize on the economic growth...this is due to many of them living on the countryside..as they can't afford to travel. Obviously this is not there fault as the goverement needs to do more in this sector...however things have improved. And your right Uighur people are not all Muslims...in fact the Hui are the largest Muslim group in China.....and so far they seem to have no problems.

Best option is to bring development and integrate the Uighurs into Chinese Society.

What China is doing for raising their educational and economic status??

What are statistics for educational facilities in their areas ?

There is always a connection between oppression and backwards

Raising education and economic status: People living in Xinjiang Province (most Uighurs) can score much lower on the national exam than a student from a central or eastern province and get into a better university. There are also halal kitchens in most universities.

Minority ethnics in China are better treated than the minorities in South East Asia, and probably in some developed countries as well. They even allowed minority languages as main teaching media in public schools and universities in Tibet in Xinjiang.

Marx on religion
See also: Opium of the People
Karl Marx's religious views have been the subject of much interpretation. He famously stated in Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right that

Religious distress is at the same time the expression of real distress and the protest against real distress. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions
Communism and religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Communism did just every thing they could do to destroy their peoples belief in religion.
I do not want to repeat that China is not much real-life relationship to Marx, copy and paste Mr. Machine.

Last edited:
What China is doing for raising their educational and economic status??

What are statistics for educational facilities in their areas ?

There is always a connection between oppression and backwards
2010 Higher Education of the policy a plus exam

2010Äêн®¸ß¿¼¦ò2010Äêн®¸ß¿¼³É¼¨²éѯ¦òн®¸ß¿¼ÐÅÏ¢¦òÍø

Minorities generally add 50 points in xinjiang, focus on undergraduate grades for 2010 is 430, second-class undergraduate score line is 415, so 50 points is a terrible plus. Chinese students, competition is fierce and original examination of China's higher education called the "tens of thousands of troops and horses through a single-plank bridge", so really a horrible score. Those people still can not enter universities? Even more than my imagination。

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
There is always a connection between oppression and backwardness[/QUOTE]

Not always,there may be some other reasons also.Social set up of each communities can also play a very important role in their educational and economical performance.
In the case of uighur muslims their social set up give importance to ethnicity and religion than being loyal to china.They dont like chinese language which is the medium of modern education in china.They believe they cant coexist with non muslim china which dont give unlimited freedom for any religion .Can a society with such an outlook be expected to be at par with han chinese and hui muslims who dont have these kind of stupid mindset?Think about that before thinking any other reasons for their backwardness.

Most of the economic and educational problem, Chinese Mandarin is the key, in fact, China does have many local dialects, Mandarin just is the Beijing dialect, I also have my own local dialect, but to receive more information and education, job opportunities, the same must accept the Mandarin. Hong Kong, Macau and even Taiwan have begun to Mandarin (Beijing dialect) learning. Purpose is one, more opportunities for development from the mainland.
Now, the Chinese government has begun a comprehensive bilingual education in Xinjiang, Uighur and Mandarin, this is the key.

Jobs that is generous, and recently the Chinese government conducted a large-scale investment in Xinjiang, the specific circumstances I am not very clear, but listening to a users in Xinjiang, the government's slogan is "every family has at least one member of the employment, the eradication of Zero-employment families ", of course, economic development zone-Kashgar, an important part of western development strategy . At the same time, connecting Central Asia and West Asia, create a new Silk Road.

China builds new Silk Roads to revive fortunes of Xinjiang - People's Daily Online
China builds new Silk Roads to revive fortunes of Xinjiang
13:33, July 02, 2010

For more than a thousand years, camel cavarans carrying silk, jade and porcelain from inland Chinese towns lined the vast deserts in China's far-flung western region.

Chinese, Central Asian traders who crossed the daunting mountain range with loads of saffron and rugs converged at Kashgar, an oasis town east of the Taklamakan Desert and a trading hub along the ancient Silk Road that connected China to Europe.

The route, however, faded into history with the rise of maritime trade in the 15th Century. Since then, Kashgar, along with many Silk Road stops in what is now the ethnic Uygur-populated Xinjiang region, has been left in the dust as the economy elsewhere in China took off.

But the authorities hope that is about to change.

With China's central government planning to ramp up growth in Xinjiang, Kashgar has a good chance of catching up, officials and analysts said.

Authorities aim to restore southwest Xinjiang, near the borders of Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Afghanistan, where Kashgar is located, as a transport and trading hub.

"The prosperity of the Silk Road trade will be gradually restored," said Wang Ning, an economist with the Academy of Social Sciences in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region. "For a long time, inadequate infrastructure and transportation hindered the region's development."

To open the doors to investment, China's civil aviation authorities have ordered domestic airlines to launch services between Xinjiang and China's larger cities and economic boomtowns.

By 2015, Xinjiang will have six new airports, bringing the total in the sprawling region, covering 1.66 million square km, to 22, according to the Civil Aviation Administration of China.

Authorities are also in talks with overseas counterparts to launch new flight routes linking Urumqi, Xinjiang's capital, to Istanbul, Dubai, Samarkand in Uzbekistan, Yekaterinburg in Russia, and Tbilisi in Georgia.

On the ground, the rail network will be increased from 3,599 km to more than 12,000 km by 2020, an investment of 310 billion yuan, estimates the Ministry of Railways. Lines linking Xinjiang with Pakistan, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan are also in the plan.

Another 120 billion to 140 billion yuan will be spent to overhaul Xinjiang's roads, including 7,155 km of highways.

Wang said the development of Xinjiang would speed up the political, economic, and cultural exchanges between China and Central Asian states and contribute to regional prosperity and stability.

Local governments around the country are expected to pour about 10 billion yuan (1.5 billion U.S. dollars) into Xinjiang in coming years.

Security observers said growth in Xinjiang, especially southern Xinjiang, which has a lower GDP and higher unemployment rate, could prevent recurrences of violence such as the riots last year, and give Xinjiang an edge in fighting terrorists from across its western border.

On July 5 last year, Urumqi was rocked by a deadly riot that left 197 people dead and more than 1,700 injured. Overseas separatists and extremists were blamed for inciting the violence.

After restoring order, the central government decided to ramp up economic support to Xinjiang for it to achieve "leapfrog development."

"It is a major and urgent task of strategic significance for us to boost the economic and social development of Xinjiang to achieve lasting stability in the region," President Hu Jintao told a high-level meeting held by the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China Central Committee on April 23.

SHENZHEN IN THE WEST

The economically underdeveloped regions of southern Xinjiang - including the Kashgar and Hotan prefecture and the Kirgiz Autonomous Prefecture of Kizilsu - will be priority destinations for assistance.

Locals say the talk of building Kashgar City into a Shenzhen in China's west first surfaced in the 1980s, but people who had been to Shenzhen laughed it off.

Designated a "special economic zone" in 1980, Shenzhen has grown into one of China's industrial, financial and technological hubs over the past three decades. Kashgar, however, remains largely a dusty old town sleeping on China's western desert.

But it was waken lately by the central government's decision to set up an "economic development zone" there.

Though no clear plans have been drawn up, local officials are encouraged.

"It means we can use special and flexible policies to build Kashgar into a growth engine of Xinjiang and an important port in west China," said Repkati Nurehman, a senior official of Kashgar Prefecture Administrative Office.

The proposed "economic development zone" would cover 8.5 square km, but the exact location has yet to be decided.

Authorities plan to expand the urban area of Kashgar City to 100 square km with a population of over a million. Kashgar will be a base for textile production, the crude oil industry, agricultural products processing, logistics, and tourism, according to the plan.

On June 28, China Southern Airlines launched the country's longest flight route -- 4,852 km -- linking south China's metropolis of Guangzhou near Shenzhen to Kashgar.

"The news is the talk of the town and even kids know Kashgar will have an 'economic development zone'," said 48-year-old cab driver Usman.

"Does it mean Kashgar will be like Shenzhen?" said 26-year-old vender Amutkhasim. "Well then, my watermelons will sell better, and at a higher price."

Source: Xinhua

Last edited:
What a gross generalization. Really, the entirety of the Uighur Muslim population is responsible for and linked with TTP? It is their Etim that is linked with TTP and this group should not represent the ground realities of Uighurs in China.

I never said that all Uighur Muslims are terrorists but some of them are linked to TTP. However, i apologize if my statement give that impression.

Last edited:
To get technical, yes they have, the article below is my proof. While being veiled in their own efforts, we are told to tackle militancy because FATA is the only master haven for Etim. Not the case as we blew away their leader since 2003. But this thread is not a tit for tat, or an opportunity to screw up an important alliance between Pak and China and I would never cross that line because it also negates the point of this discussion. I am however not amused by people turning a blind eye to a real problem in China, and for the betterment of our ally we should not be quiet about the suppression of religious minorities in China to an extent that it affects the average person and belittles are own stances.

China orders Pak to tackle militancy

I agree. But they are not meddling in our internal affairs. It was linked to their insurgency problem. That's why China asked us to tackle them.That's why we did joint exercises with them.

It's offtopic but What i realise from this thread is that all the ummah love expressed by pakistani members in various threads about indian muslims was just to divide hindus and muslims in india!If it was in india that government banned muslims under 18 from entering mosques(which i dont think is a bad thing) these pakistanis would be jumping with ummah love,where are they now?when it comes to china as mehru said it is just "china's internal matter",when it comes to india it's the matter of "ummah"beyond all evil things like nationality!I have seen many pakistanis in this forum saying indian muslims should not be loyal to hindu india,but when it comes to china anyone(say uighur)who is not loyal to non muslim china is a terrorist.When people use religion and conveniently forgets it whenever each of it suit their agenda,they are gonna reap big time for what they have sowed.

You will never see me voting for Muslim ummah or showing concern for Indian Muslims however majority of Pakistani Muslims might say things in favour of it. Many Pakistanis have raised concerns regarding Chinese treatment of Muslims.

The Uighur problem is not exactly a new thing...if you actually look at History, the people of that area have tended to rebel against authorities since the rule of Kublai Khan. Now I have never met a Uighur Chinese..but I have met a Han Chinese...and they do regard the Uighurs as there brothers, and regard them as Chinese and nothing else. The Uighur community needs to stop supporting the terrorists leaders, who are trying to manipulate the masses to go against China...as they are being funded by America.

Well Pakistan has a vested interest in Indian Muslims because they have family over in India. A lot of the Indian Kashmir's are related to Pakistan Kashmir's..so it is only natural that Pakistan condemns India when it kills innocent Kashmiri's.

Now I have never met a Uighur Chinese..but I have met a Han Chinese...and they do regard the Uighurs as there brothers, and regard them as Chinese and nothing else.

You are right, the Uyghurs are our brothers. :cheers:

Our Government should always remember this.... and not punish the majority of Uyghurs for the separatist actions of a few individuals. Collective punishment is logically and morally wrong.

The Uighur problem is not exactly a new thing...if you actually look at History, the people of that area have tended to rebel against authorities since the rule of Kublai Khan. Now I have never met a Uighur Chinese..but I have met a Han Chinese...and they do regard the Uighurs as there brothers, and regard them as Chinese and nothing else. The Uighur community needs to stop supporting the terrorists leaders, who are trying to manipulate the masses to go against China...as they are being funded by America.
Most Uighurs are ordinary people, only a small part of the separatists, mostly in foreign countries, use money to lure poor, as long as the development of the economy, elimination of the division of the soil, there is nothing to worry about. In the U.S., we are very clear about their purpose, it does not matter, friends come with wine, wolves came with shotguns.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom