What's new

China: 30, India: 0, thanks to bureaucracy: Narayana Murthy

ChinaToday

Reaction score
Country
China
New Delhi:
Infosys co-founder and chairman emeritus N.R. Narayana Murthy has criticized the government’s slow decision making, saying the country’s progress has been hit by bureaucracy.

"I keep meeting corporate leaders globally. Earlier, if China was mentioned three times, India was mentioned once. Now, if China is mentioned 30 times, India is not even mentioned. That tells the story. We have cut our own legs off by our inaction and our policies,” he said in an interview with NDTV Profit on Thursday.

Mr. Murthy said quick decision-making is the need of the hour and “has nothing to do with Parliament, opposition, coalition or the global downturn”.

The Infosys co-founder referred to the problems of the IT sector, saying suggestions he had made to the government over a year ago had seen little action.

“I gave a list of suggestions to Pranab Mukherjee (the then finance minister) 14 months ago, met the Prime Minister twice, but nothing happened,” he said, adding, “(I) can’t understand when an IT industry contributes 25 per cent to exports, how its problems are not seen as urgent or how its problems are not solved by 5 pm this evening.”

The Prime Minister should urge bureaucrats and ministers to take quick decisions, "and there is a need to act like P.V. Narasimha Rao did in 1991" (when he took over as the country’s prime minister).

Mr. Murthy, who knows Mr Singh personally and has vouched for his honesty, said he is in the current situation because of “a set of circumstances”.

“I sympathize with him… that does not mean progress cannot take place with legislation,” he said.
On software exports, he said the government should ensure growth is not curtailed by unnecessary tax clauses.

“While we sympathize with the UPA government on issues that have immobilized it because of what has happened in Parliament, there are many areas that depend purely on how quickly bureaucrats can take decisions. The PM has appointed another committee. I don’t think you need more committees. While I have tremendous respect for Mr. Singh, we must create an urgency in our bureaucratic decision-making.”

Bureaucracy, policy inaction stemming growth: Narayana Murthy - NDTVProfit.com

Just like the Olympics china 38 india 0:lol:

the ruling UPA is to blame. Lets talk when Modi becomes our PM

@chinatoday,

You laugh on thread title,we too laugh :) coz this corrupt govt have paranoid india completely..
but its not future of india...just like part of up n down

Truth is Truth....

China 30
India 0

Agree.......

And this gap will only increase if current corrupt thugs will keep ruling India.We need drastic changes in our country! Just vote for change this time!

Bring NaMo for PM!

No matter who rules in centre is not going to change anything ,Because we don't have good choice is this democracy when the choice is already made between Congress or Bjb they both are corrupt if we think BJP is going to do something different i don't think soo. We need young people in politics new mind free of corruption lead by people like ANNA

No slack should be cut to the govt for its shoddy performance - but its ironic that Mr. Murthy makes remarks on govt inaction - when his own company has fallen from grace for exactly the same reason - lethargy, lack on initiative and inaction. Infosys, once the market leader, now has been overtaken in terms of both, size and profitability.

Sad state of affairs for both Infy and GoI.

8 years of UPA rule has done more damage to India than 50 years of British rule.

405918_279274762181041_1096168166_n.jpg

You cant stop the inevitable. If its for india to grow, it has to be NaMo. People of India will understand this soon.

This is probably the only way for India to achieve sustained double-digit growth in the near future.

But your own Government has demonized Modi to such an extent that it has become unlikely.

Agreed...what is can we do....our so called idiot UPA has promised that it will make India backward to the stone age...We respect the growth and commitment shown by your Gov to progress your nation....Our only hope is Modi can save my nation...

Indian Parliament: 1, Modi: 0

The Indian Parliament has the final say.

Modi can't make drastic reforms without the Indian Parliament's approval, which is unlikely to occur.

Agreed...what is can we do....our so called idiot UPA has promised that it will make India backward to the stone age...We respect the growth and commitment shown by your Gov to progress your nation....Our only hope is Modi can save my nation...
Agree with u bro.He (NAMO) is the only hope.thanks:tup:

why dont we compare cricket scores?

india 100 china 0 :)
why u r bringing cricket,is that only sport in the world .bro cricket is played only by few countries in the world.

You cant stop the inevitable. If its for india to grow, it has to be NaMo. People of India will understand this soon.
sooner or later he is going to be,but one of the NDA party (jdu) is not going to accept as PM.Hope they will accept because of his vision.

Indian Parliament: 1, Modi: 0

The Indian Parliament has the final say.

Modi can't make drastic reforms without the Indian Parliament's approval, which is unlikely to occur.
who told you.I think u r living in illusion.and who does not want growth?

How exactly will that happen? Will Modi not be accountable to the parliament? If he is, then no difference. Manmohan Singh isn't a corrupt or an inefficient man. It is simply how the present parliament functions. It will be the same if the NDA came to power. Do you think that after the way the BJP has disrupted parliament & not allowed the government to do any job that the Congress will play nice if the BJP comes to power? Nothing will change, the BJP is an incredibly corrupt party now with midgets as leaders. There is no Vajpayee anymore , no ministers like Arun Shourie, other senior ministers of the Vajpayee cabinet are getting on in age & the younger lot are both useless, corrupt (some), & lacking moral courage to take decisions. If this lot couldn't rustle up the guts to take on Yediyurappa, fat chance that they will take harder decisions. Unlike Vajpayee & the others of that generation, this lot is after power at any cost. No different from the Congress. Only less educated & more strident. Definitely more problematic.

OUr PM should be elected by people direct.If it happens then NAMO would be PM of our country.But in NDA onle nitish decline to support him.:undecided:

Back
Top Bottom