What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

I have seen the posts of Chinese senior posters on keymags and other forums but I am not thatmuch impressed by their knowledge. Certainly that discussion ok keymag where they were trying to build a case to show that China was exportnig degraded weapons... Laughable posts by Tphuang, Crobato and others.

You also have to see the photos of Chinese military equipment that Chinese military enthusiasts put up on the net. Just one step short of star trek cruisers!

I think it's best you don't talk about it if you don't have any proof.

Benjamin Franklin once said : "It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Well, This issue does not need to debate. Just to give you an idea.
:china: :pakistan:
In addition, the Chinese people do not know what what Franklin said.

This issue does not need to debate. Chinese people do not need others to tell how we should do.
:china: :pakistan:

People are gone nutts and this is something i recently found on pakistani defence regarding J-10:

August 17, 2007: China is touting the advanced electronics in their new J10A fighter. The J10A is using an Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar. AESA systems consist of thousands of tiny radars that make it possible to track many different targets simultaneously. China claims the J10A radar can track ten targets at once, and attack four of them simultaneously (with long range missiles). China has revealed other military AESA radars recently, indicating years of intense research and development in this area.

The J10 is also Chinese made. It looks something like the American F-16, and weighs about the same (19 tons). Like the F-16, and unlike the Su-27, the J10 has only one engine. Originally, the J10 used a Russian AL-31FN engine, but China has been working for a decade to manufacture their own version of this, the WS10A.

It's no accident that the J10 resembles the F-16, because Israel apparently sold them technology for the Israeli Lavi jet fighter. Israel abandoned the Lavi project, because of the high cost and availability of cheaper alternatives (buying F-16s and F-15s from the United States.) But the Lavi was meant to be a super F-16, and incorporated a lot of design ideas from the F-16 (which the Israelis were very familiar with, as they used them, and had developed new components for them.) China has about a dozen J10As in service, and will probably increase production once their WS10A engine is operational (which may be in a year or two.) China's extensive espionage efforts in the U.S. has long sought jet engine and AESA technology.

Source:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htecm/art...s/20070817.aspx.

J-10s capabilities are a real mystery. some say its only as good as an early model f-16, while i have even heard some chinese members say its as good as rafale and eurofighter.

However, i read somewhere (cant remember exactly where, will try to look for it) that US generals consider J-10 to be a threat only in large numbers, so i dont think its that advanced

J-10s capabilities are a real mystery. some say its only as good as an early model f-16, while i have even heard some chinese members say its as good as rafale and eurofighter.

However, i read somewhere (cant remember exactly where, will try to look for it) that US generals consider J-10 to be a threat only in large numbers, so i dont think its that advanced

Well its considered to be as advance as a block-40. PAF wasnt much impressed by the J-10 either, dispite of the approval from the cabinet PAF hasnt odered it and is still evaluating it. PAF wants it to have western avonics but would require heavy modifications on part of PAF. But having an AESA radar is totally out of the league.

at best the J-10 is = to a F-16A-Blk15. J-10 will require heavy modifications if PAF ever orders this type. plus the engine could possibly be an issue. I think PAF wants to 1st integrate the JF-17 before even thinking about the J-10/F-20.

at best the J-10 is = to a F-16A-Blk15. J-10 will require heavy modifications if PAF ever orders this type. plus the engine could possibly be an issue. I think PAF wants to 1st integrate the JF-17 before even thinking about the J-10/F-20.

Sir are you sure its comparable to block 15. Because whatever source once can find on the internet leaving the chinese sources out, it says that it is as capable as a block40 F-16. Chinese sources claim its equal to block 50 which i doubt.

i'm sure its better than block 15. even JF-17 is better than block 15 and chinese say that J-10 is better than JF-17

If i were you, i wouldn't take strategy page a serious source for military confirmation. So please take a it with a pinch of salt!

the problem with chinese military equipment is that they are so reluctant to disclose its true capabilities. no one knows how good chinese weapons are.

Well as per by my knowledge. The Pakistani J-10 will be as good as Rafale and Typhoon, given that it is able to select the western avionics including weapons sytems including that it is able to integrate the Chinese weapon systems also. Thats a plus, plus for Pakistan.

i agree with webby - whilst the chinese are our dear and fast friends, their tech is atleast 10-15 yrs behind western tech. that is why PAF has always insisted on modifications (radar, fire control, avionics, ejection seats, AAMs etc) for all platforms which they have inducted. i would go further to say that if western engines were available for the F-6,A-5C, F-7PG, then PAF would have opted for them. JF-17 will hopefully be the best of them all with western systems, russian engine and AAMs. i can hardly wait for the 1st operational squadron to be inducted (God-willing)

There has been lot of discussion going on the FC-20. It seems like that it will be very close to the EF Typhoon with the twin engine being a possiblity.

There has been lot of discussion going on the FC-20. It seems like that it will be very close to the EF Typhoon with the twin engine being a possiblity.

Webby.
Educate a simple man please. On the one hand you say that chinese avionics and general industry is technologically 5-15 yrs behind the developed world , and in the same breath we are talking about a super duper J10 which will have capabilities similar to EF/Rafale. Are we talking in the present moment as in the next one to 2 yrs or 5-10 yrs, as even the task of catching up is going to take time and research which means more money.
As far as i know, there are no signs of AESA for J10, there are concerns that a lot of its hard points can carry nothing more than **** bombs. The indegenous engine is at least a yr away from certification, and the BVR missiles are untested and of unknown capability. As far as I know, there have been no significant advances in incorporation of composites in to J10. Could someone please tell me what are the concrete indications for their assessment of this statement and also what changes are envisaged and what are the possibilities.
WaSalam
Araz

Back
Top Bottom