What's new

Changing times: Ijtihad and other questions Muslims must revisit

Another big difference!

Believe me not one! If it was followed we would know!

Is that called pure Islam? Like I said before Indians never allowed pure Islam to touch their soil...They made a hybrid the min it did...So that is another hybrid...

In Hyderabad a strict form of hybrid is practiced...I know the too well and it disgusts me that they call it Islam and try to propagate it to our borders!

Of course like I proved on this thread and you agreed you guys are intolerant you wont keep anything pure not even Hinduism...

Again blaming Islam for your hybrid creation is not fair at all...
Umm okay. :D @Hyperion - Check that last few posts. :P I liked it. Thanks Mam. :)
@Oscar @Syed.Ali.Haider @FaujHistorian @scorpionx @DRAY - You might find this interesting.
:agree:

I would avoid comparing complex belief systems such as religions due to the futility of such comparisons, but I can appreciate and respect your beliefs just the same.
My post was not a comparison per se mate. That is a futile exercise.
My post simply meant that whatever gives you personal spiritual satisfaction is good and must be respected ie regardless of whatever religion it is or it is not.

It must change or Islam cannot survive modern age of science and technology. One cannot be surrounded by Western systems 24/7 and then claim to be follower of ancient Islam.

LOL. I know all about Islam what I need to know. Don't quote me Koranic verses or Hadith to "prove" anything to me as it would not be considered as a "proof" because there are many other sources that prove otherwise.

Of course. 5 times a day. What has this to do with the topic at hand? Don't self-claimed jihadists or terrorists perform salah like crazy and then go on killing spree of innocents? :D

Sorry? So you mean I should feel sorry and ashamed because I do not consider my Islamic religion "perfect"? I happen to be a very rational and logical person and believe Islam to be the most "true" of all current religions, but it doesn't mean its perfect and free of contradictions.
Islam is perfect and free off contradictions its your brain which needs help

yep I am so dumb allah allowed the prophet as he was special after all muslims look upto him as perfect man who can do nothing wrong. whatever dude I really am amazed at your resilence and dedication to your religion.. proved wrong again n again yet keep believing in it.. if allah is real you may be awarded the heaven n all that written in book
We never gotten proved wrong Mr and you mentally retarded man can never prove anything wrong and HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW is the greatest man ever lived but not for mentally sick people like you

Islam is perfect and free off contradictions its your brain which needs help
Islamicized societies are far from "perfect" if that's what you believe in. In fact they were never perfect except during the time of Rashidun Caliphate, mere 30 years of Islamic history. What about the rest of 1400 years of imperfection everywhere ever since?
Rashidun Caliphate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Islamicized societies are far from "perfect" if that's what you believe in. In fact they were never perfect except during the time of Rashidun Caliphate, mere 30 years of Islamic history. What about the rest of 1400 years of imperfection everywhere ever since?
Rashidun Caliphate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They are not following Islam Mr they are just follow only few parts off Islam

They are not following Islam Mr they are just follow only few parts off Islam
I don't like this kind of dubious and contradictory mindset. Its just like PMLN. When they unexpectedly do something right like lowering prices of fuel, they say its because of THEIR contribution. And when every other thing goes wrong because of their own shortcomings, they always blame it on someone else like PTI / PAT.
Same is the case with most Muslims today. When they were in power for the first few hundred years of Islam, they said it was because they followed Islam "right". And when they lost power after the rise of superior Western civilization and also by their own bigotry, they claimed it happened because they followed Islam "wrong". This argument of yours just doesn't make sense.

We didn't ruled for 800 years if were that bad or full off sins
We ruled the world for 700 years (Islamic Golden Age) because our learned elders researched, experimented, studied, did ijtihad in matters of faith and all other walks of life. This innovative spirit of combined Ummah was LOST after conservative Islamic schools of thought emerged with their teachings of blind imitation (taqlid) that led to collective decline of the Ummah ever since. Remember that rise of the West didn't start until the age of Enlightenment, Colonialism and Imperialism. And it was many centuries after Dark Ages had already become a norm in the Muslim world:
Academics are correct in pinpointing the exact period in which Muslims began turning away from scientific innovation - the 11th century - but they have identified the wrong person. Abu Ali Al Hassan Al Tusi (1018-1092), better known as Nizam Al Mulk, the grand vizier of the Seljuq dynasty, was in fact the driving force.

Nizam Al Mulk had created a system of education known as "Nizamiyah" that focused on religious studies at the expense of independent inquiry. Not only did Nizamiyah colleges focus on religion but they also adopted a narrow Sunni interpretation of Islamic jurisprudence as the source of curricula: the Shafii school.

For the first time in Islamic history, religious studies became institutionalised - sciences and Islamic law were intertwined - and religious studies were seen as a more lucrative career path.
How the decline of Muslim scientific thought still haunts | The National

As more and more institutionalized theocracy entered Muslim societies, philosophy and natural sciences left leaving no room for independent reasoning or ijtihad which you hate so much!

Ijtihad on a daily basis and in its basic level is to struggle to understand the fundamentals of things, mostly scientific based, it is a duty of every Muslim to be a Mujtahid, a term in Arabic that means one who dedicate a good part of his time to studies, be it Islamic studies or scientific studies or better yet both.

The Islamic ijtihad by those women in America is nothing but some FBI infiltration technique to find "extremists", by going marginal and extremists themselves. No good Muslima wants to lead prayer for men nor pray beside them. Muslim women to the contrary of what the article states do not have issues with men, and do not consider themselves inferior.
Some frustrated "Muslim" women who had bad experiences with too many a man in their lives, and who wants to live fully a Western life are easy recruits for American Security Agencies, who will use them for provocation, and sting operations.

Last edited:
Ijtihad on a daily basis and in its lowest level is to struggle to understand the fundamentals of things, mostly scientific based, it is a duty of every Muslim to be a Mujtahid, a term in Arabic that means one who dedicate a good part of his time to studies, be it Islamic studies or scientific studies or better yet both.
Exactly my point. Its sad that so few PDF members actually understood what this article was all about. It was not religious at all but a quest for independent reasoning in our daily lives.

I don't like this kind of dubious and contradictory mindset. Its just like PMLN. When they unexpectedly do something right like lowering prices of fuel, they say its because of THEIR contribution. And when every other thing goes wrong because of their own shortcomings, they always blame it on someone else like PTI / PAT.
Same is the case with most Muslims today. When they were in power for the first few hundred years of Islam, they said it was because they followed Islam "right". And when they lost power after the rise of superior Western civilization and also by their own bigotry, they claimed it happened because they followed Islam "wrong". This argument of yours just doesn't make sense.

We ruled the world for 700 years (Islamic Golden Age) because our learned elders researched, experimented, studied, did ijtihad in matters of faith and all other walks of life. This innovative spirit of combined Ummah was LOST after conservative Islamic schools of thought emerged with their teachings of blind imitation (taqlid) that led to collective decline of the Ummah ever since. Remember that rise of the West didn't start until the age of Enlightenment, Colonialism and Imperialism. And it was many centuries after Dark Ages had already become a norm in the Muslim world:

How the decline of Muslim scientific thought still haunts | The National

As more and more institutionalized theocracy entered Muslim societies, philosophy and natural sciences left leaving no room for independent reasoning or ijtihad which you hate so much!
No Ijtihad was done on those matters decided in Quran and Sunnah Mr go and learn it and Taqlid was being done at that time too and many off those doing taqlid also came up with scientific research on different issues and west is different from us that is what great visionary Iqbal also said

Back
Top Bottom