Chandrayaan 2 will be Indo-Russia mission: ISRO lab director

ROCKETRAJA

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
Published January 22, 2013 | By admin
SOURCE: PTI

India’s second lunar mission will be undertaken with Russian participation though it has got delayed, a top official of an ISRO lab said today amidst reports that ‘Chandrayaan 2′ will be a solo mission.

Chandrayaan 2, an Indo-Russian joint project, is going ahead but it has got delayed, Physical Research Laboratory (PRL) Director J N Goswami said here.

Ahmedabad-based PRL is part of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).

“The Indo-Russian mission is going ahead. The project has got delayed. Currently, we are whole-heartedly working for the Mars project scheduled for November. The moon mission, for the time being, has got delayed,” Goswami told PTI.

Roskomos, Russia’s space agency, and ISRO had signed an agreement on November 12, 2007. Under the pact, Roskomos had assumed the vital responsibility of providing both the orbiter and the rover, while its Indian counterpart was to design and build the lander for the ambitious mission.

“The failure of Roskosmos Phobos-Grunt mission (in December 2011) has, for the time-being, delayed the moon mission,” he said, adding the construction of lander for the combined mission has been delayed.

Chandrayaan 2 will have five primary payloads on the orbiter, two of which will be improvements on instruments that were onboard Chandrayaan 1, launched in October, 2008.

Also, the rover will carry two additional instruments. Chandrayaan 2, originally scheduled in 2015, will be launched by a GSLV-powered by an indigenous cryogenic engine.

Reports had appeared in a section of media quoting a scientist of PRL S V S Murty as saying India will go it alone in the Chandrayaan 2 mission. Despite repeated efforts, he was not available for comments on the issue.

PRL is involved in designing indigenous payloads for Chandrayaan 2.

Roskomos, Russia’s space agency, and ISRO had signed an agreement on November 12, 2007. Under the pact, Roskomos had assumed the vital responsibility of providing both the orbiter and the rover, while its Indian counterpart was to design and build the lander for the amitious mission.

and I thought Roskomos was providing lander and ISRO would be making rover and orbiter

Somedays back they announched that they will go solo, now this ?:coffee:

Bad news.... NASA should be invited or else indian moon mission and mars mission will be shot by america with the help of tall greys.... i have alot info on it.... America wont let anyone succeed.... Better take permission from greys or pleiadians and than they will protect it.... Indian chandrayaan-I Was shot dead and ISRO thought it lost communication.... If you loose communication moon distance than how will you go far away towards Mars? It didnt lost communication.... It was shot dead. Got evidence of it....

Bad news.... NASA should be invited or else indian moon mission and mars mission will be shot by america with the help of tall greys.... i have alot info on it.... America wont let anyone succeed.... Better take permission from greys or pleiadians and than they will protect it.... Indian chandrayaan-I Was shot dead and ISRO thought it lost communication.... If you loose communication moon distance than how will you go far away towards Mars? It didnt lost communication.... It was shot dead. Got evidence of it....

Why is this lunatic allowed to post garbage?

Why don't you apply for india ??? You seems to friends with them. Manage safe pass permission please :rofl:

Why is this lunatic allowed to post garbage?

You kidding ??? He has his own thread listing over 20 pages :D

Welcome To PDF :D

and I thought Roskomos was providing lander and ISRO would be making rover and orbiter

You thought right. When the agreement was signed in 2007, ISRO was responsible for orbiter only, but later Roskomos conveyed its inability to provide the rover. ISRO then decided to built both the rover and the orbiter. Here is a 2011 presentation slide on luna-reource/ Chnadrayaan-2 which clearly states orbiter and a mini-rover as Indian.

chlr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@isro2222 : so why you insists on India should take permissions from the grey dudes ???

Listen man I am not objecting your beliefs :tup: I just suggest that you should apply for the permission to your buddies on behalf of India.
Some dudes pray in temples you request to your dudes in sky with super power . No problems with me :D

I don't belive myself I actually write that :D but hey you are entitled to your own opinion. So we are good right ??? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom