What's new

CARS!

Janbaz

Reaction score
Well all of us ride or drive or see cars! Even if we cannot afford them its fun to me that I talk about them! As my brother does not care much I want to have the oppertunity to talk about all sorts of automobiles with the dear forum members. All SUV's, Sedans, Coupes, Trucks and Convertibles welcome!:toast:

Well you live in North America mate and generally most of the cars there are a bit crap :lol:

Want to talk European cars give me a shout :rofl:

Maybe it’s my age talking....... cars come and go. My experience had been the bigger the engine, the larger number of speeding tickets one gets. :cry:

Best investment I’ve ever made is buying a radar detector......:tup:

Well you live in North America mate and generally most of the cars there are a bit crap :lol:

Want to talk European cars give me a shout :rofl:

Euro cars welcome. Best one the new Mercedes S class but can be argued!;)

American SUV's are pretty good looking nowadays. Especially Tahoe and Cadillac SRX. I'll get the pics ASAP!

my.php

American SUV's are pretty good looking nowadays. Especially Tahoe and Cadillac SRX. I'll get the pics ASAP!

my.php

Of course they are good looking!! They are built less than a mile from my house in Arlington, TX!!:toast:

But seriously, Keyroze, why do you feel American cars/ SUVs are crap??

Ford cars may be a bit on the crappy side! But Chev is just dubbed bad. My dad currently drives a GMC Yukon Denali 2005 and it is pampering good! I bet its more comfy then the new BMW X-5!

Of course they are good looking!! They are built less than a mile from my house in Arlington, TX!!:toast:

But seriously, Keyroze, why do you feel American cars/ SUVs are crap??

SUV's I hate simply as I feel they are utterly pointless 99% of the time. If you work on a farm or police or similar then fair enough, but no-one else really needs them other than as a fashion item*. After all, if you go to PAK there are millions of
Suzuki vans (tiny vehicles) which can handle the rough back roads yet most of the vehicles used in the west see no more than tarmac. (And use more fuel)

As for the U.S. vehicles thing my belief comes from ancedotal proof only :lol: Every U.S. vehicle I have either driven or been driven in, has been of poor build (overall) compared to European (Or even Japanese) and has lower reliabilty. Car experts here actually feel the same though. Thats why U.S. cars do not sell much here. There are some good U.S. vehicles I am sure. But I have yet to see them.

*Or as a wang enhancement:lol:

SUV's I hate simply as I feel they are utterly pointless 99% of the time. If you work on a farm or police or similar then fair enough, but no-one else really needs them other than as a fashion item*.

Ask the sucker in a BMW or Merc stuck in snow how if he would like a SUV, or ask a mother driving her children to school on an icy day in her SUV, if she thinks it’s a fashion item?

I have lived in Scandinavia almost no one there uses them.....(lots of snow there)

Also most people don't know HOW to use the 4X4 function so it has no benefit anyway.

I have lived in Scandinavia almost no one there uses them.....(lots of snow there)

US is much larger than 100s of Scandinavian countries and here close to 60% personal vehicles are trucks or SUVs.

Also most people don't know HOW to use the 4X4 function so it has no benefit anyway.

Frankly, it doesn’t take a genius to hit the 4x4 button or push the 4x4 gear level. And yes, women also know how to use it.

SUV's I hate simply as I feel they are utterly pointless 99% of the time. If you work on a farm or police or similar then fair enough, but no-one else really needs them other than as a fashion item*. After all, if you go to PAK there are millions of
Suzuki vans (tiny vehicles) which can handle the rough back roads yet most of the vehicles used in the west see no more than tarmac. (And use more fuel)

As for the U.S. vehicles thing my belief comes from ancedotal proof only :lol: Every U.S. vehicle I have either driven or been driven in, has been of poor build (overall) compared to European (Or even Japanese) and has lower reliabilty. Car experts here actually feel the same though. Thats why U.S. cars do not sell much here. There are some good U.S. vehicles I am sure. But I have yet to see them.

*Or as a wang enhancement:lol:

I agree a soccer mom driving a H2 is probably pointless. However, down here in Texas there are plenty of uses for an SUV even for the city dweller. We all like to hunt, fish, go camping, or even to haul your boat to the lake for a day on the water!!

I wonder which US cars ( models ) you are speaking of. Every car I've owned since I was 21 was a US made one. The wiring etc are different and may lead to incorrect diagnostics. It's what I run into when troubleshooting my wife's Mazda 626. I run into a lot of "desi" students here and they all seem to rush to buy one of 2 models. Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla. They won't even look at anything else!! Maybe it's a culture thing.

An American size car will only work in the US. While they have freeways in Europe too, the average street in Europe is narrower than the US.

US is much larger than 100s of Scandinavian countries and here close to 60% personal vehicles are trucks or SUVs.

Frankly, it doesn’t take a genius to hit the 4x4 button or push the 4x4 gear level. And yes, women also know how to use it.

So the U.S. is larger.... well done you have won that arguement:disagree:
Doesn't change the fact that scandinavia has LOTS of snow and yet everyone manages without 4X4.
Pushing the 4x4 button is one thing...being able to use the vehicle correctly in this mode (in "off road" conditions) is a totally different regardless of gender.

Texas....there is a reason that "desi's" go for the cars you mention. Japanese cars (whether truthful or not) have a rep as being reliable and economic. Hence people go for them.
I am still to be convinced re your arguement. I have been Camping and hiking and skiing (I lived in Colorado) and the vehicle we used was a basic saloon car. If you go off road (completely away from the beaten path) to do these things then fair enough, but honestly...how many people do that?

Back
Top Bottom