What's new

cannot even accept a bit of criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hafizzz

Reaction score
Indian Supremacy Theory..
The Cool Sun: Indian Supremacy Theory..

Recently, I had a conversation with Eva Maria – a German lady who is staying in Kerala and collecting data for her doctoral thesis – “Resistance of regional-medical-systems against globalisation/allopathic medicine – in the light of naturopathy in Kerala”. I took a while to grasp what she’s doing and the scope of this post doesn’t cover that. :)

She told me, when she visits some villages in Kerala, they tell her – “Kerala is the best place on the planet [to live]”. On asking back which all places they know to have such an opinion, they say, they haven’t ever been away from their cute lovely villages. So much for “informed opinion”.

I wonder, how many proud mallus know that the Kerala-tagline “God’s Own Country” itself is not original. [LINK]

And you know what? Indians tend to make this “we are the best” comments about almost everything [Facebook-Group].

To make it worse, we cannot even accept a bit of criticism. Once, in a group, I was telling [non-Indians] about some flaws and faults of Indian system, when this friend from Bihar told me [shouted] (in Hindi) to stop telling about the bad-things back there.

No society is going to grow if they cannot accept their own flaws and discuss with others to see their blind spots.

WE ARE FLAWLESS attitude spans from culture to technology. Indian culture is the best EVER. Home grown technology beats everything else (Remember Ramar-Pillai?).

A word about Indian culture – the colours, variety of food, festivals etc. are some of the best of it.

At the same time, don’t tell that a system where women are second class citizens is good. I simply won’t be able to understand the “goodness” of a dowry-based-arranged-marriage-family-system. Let’s not even talk about the caste-based classification of people.

I am not exactly patriotic; It’s your choice to be or not. But don’t let patriotism blind you. Please don’t.

And my dear Indian readers, if you still think we are the best, see where India stands in these global ranking systems: Satisfaction with Life Index (India:125), Quality-of-life index (India: 73), etc. We are not exactly at the top of these lists, are we?

So, there must be something which we are not doing right. (And others doing it right?)

There are many great things about every place/system. It is the same with India too – lot of great people, things, places, traditions, etc. But please try to have informed opinions; and be open to criticism.

And wouldn’t it be the best if we know what our faults are and get the best from wherever we can? Life will be happier, world will be a better place to live.

Signing off, Sands.

PS: Also, don’t think that this “attitude” is completely Indian, for I have seen people who say their system is the only good system around (have you spoken with newly-imported-Chinese students?).

PPS: People who are proud of the age-old beliefs/traditions/customs would shamelessly say that the hard, non-bendable, non-criticisable rules in Qur’an were written for 6-7th century A.D, and are not applicable now. (But that argument doesn’t apply to own faults, right?). Having majority support, or having been functional for ages shouldn’t support any system. Let changes happen, for good.

Every time I post a News article on India, Indian users here jump on me immediately accusing me of being "anti-India" or involved in "bashing India". They blindly blame me for posting those article
but yet those same Indian users themselves post anti-China and anti-Pakistan News article. Why the double standard ?

Why Indian users here cannot even accept a bit of of criticism ?

Every time I post a News article on India, Indian users here jump on me immediately accusing me of being "anti-India" or involved in "bashing India". They blindly blame me for posting those article
but yet those same Indian users themselves post anti-China and anti-Pakistan News article. Why the double standard ?

Oh! Poor you.. My baby ... :lol:
stop whining dude.. There is no harm in India bashing.. Do it with pride.. After all, you excel in it. ;)

Some foreigners have made a career out of criticizing India and getting doctorates for it. Nothing new . Unsurprisingly their "research" is made often too redundant by some "local Indian newspaper" for it to have any meaningful value .:rofl:

Well it is not about accepting criticism or not, it is just a denial nothing else.

Main na manoo rayyyyy....:P

India is going through a phase of ultra nationalism, where speaking against the convention (shining secular Incredible India) makes one anti-India/an India hater.

I am not exactly patriotic; It’s your choice to be or not. But don’t let patriotism blind you. Please don’t.

Everyone need to learn this to criticize their own country in order to improve and better on country systems.

Indians please learn this better instead attacking on Pakistan.

We accept the articles which criticises us not your personal views..
Just because you r doing this thing for long..
Criticising India is not bad thing but accusing everytimes does create a bad effect on your image over here in the eyes of Indians..
There r many pakistani, Indian and Chinese criticising, but you are the one who should get the gold medal for that,and we don't like competition...:no:

India is going through a phase of ultra nationalism, where speaking against the convention (shining secular Incredible India) makes one anti-India/an India hater.

nopes..we are just indian or can say hard core indians;)
its good to be like this.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Everyone need to learn this to criticize their own country in order to improve and better on country systems.

Indians please learn this better instead attacking on Pakistan.

apply it on yourself:lol:

Dont think one should read too much into this.

It is natural for anyone to resent criticism in an international forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom