What's new

Canada: School board allows Muslim sermons in schools

Crixus

Reaction score
Country
India
Edited see new sources below (moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:
skeptical since the source is sketchy but i can expect this from a country of politically correct sjws lol
good job electing trump otherwise thise would've been america

Shooting the messenger will not help :
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/peel-board-muslim-prayer-policy-1.3930264

hope CBC will satisfy your quality measures ....... its your forumn feel free to ban me ...but people are protesting due to this decision in peel region as other kids are feeling separated ...........

@Nilgiri what you think about such latest trend in Canada .... how far it is from becoming France
Don't post shit, xenophobic sources like jihad watch ever again.

What about CBC :

Hope you understand such things will led to ghetto culture , and people are protesting here as non muslims kids feel bit awkward due to this special treatment
skeptical since the source is sketchy but i can expect this from a country of politically correct sjws lol

IF NEGATIVE RATING IS THE SOLUTION THE GOD BLESS MIDDLE EAST , IF SOMEONE IS TRYING TO RAISE A GENUINE CONCERN THEN NEGATIVE RATINGS IS THE SOLUTION .... INSTEAD OF DISCUSSING THE SOLUTION YOU ARE SHOOTING THE MESSENGER

@waz sir I dont have any mal intention to defame any religion ..hope you understand and give me why its negative ratings ???

I have just one question how Muslim parents will feel if only Muslim kids will be separated or discriminated from other kids ??????

Last edited by a moderator:

hope CBC will satisfy your quality measures ....... its your forumn feel free to ban me ...but people are protesting due to this decision in peel region as other kids are feeling separated ...........

@Nilgiri what you think about such latest trend in Canada .... how far it is from becoming France

What about CBC :

Hope you understand such things will led to ghetto culture , and people are protesting here as non muslims kids feel bit awkward due to this special treatment

IF NEGATIVE RATING IS THE SOLUTION THE GOD BLESS MIDDLE EAST , IF SOMEONE IS TRYING TO RAISE A GENUINE CONCERN THEN NEGATIVE RATINGS IS THE SOLUTION .... INSTEAD OF DISCUSSING THE SOLUTION YOU ARE SHOOTING THE MESSENGER

@waz sir I dont have any mal intention to defame any religion ..hope you understand and give me why its negative ratings ???

I have just one question how Muslim parents will feel if only Muslim kids will be separated or discriminated from other kids ??????

The sources you now posted are fine, but come on Jihadwatch? It's like putting up Stormfront to discuss the issue of race. I'll erase the original link and leave the links from CBS.

As for the article, I understand it's about Friday prayers and who should write the sermon. I'm sorry, but the school has every right to monitor what is being said. Frankly I think it's very risky giving the opportunity for students to write their own sermons due to their naivety. Being a senior leader now and having taught in several schools with Muslim minorities I speak from experience.There is cause for concern here.
However if schools don't allow such activities then they risk young children obtaining their knowledge away from responsible eyes and ears, but I don't think that is the issue here.

Last edited:
Sir No one is against the kids , the only concern is other kids are feeling bit awkward and discriminated , It will defenitely lead to the movement of people from this region and may be after some year it will become a muslim Ghetto.
If parents want to teach the religion then home is the best thing to do not school in Public , In school all kids should feel equal .... sorry for the source , I just posted that as it was newer then CBC . Its a more or less constructing a walll themselves between Muslim kids and others .
The sources you now posted are fine, but come on Jihadwatch? It's like putting up Stormfront to discuss the issue of race. I'll erase the original link and leave the links from CBS.

As for the article, I understand it's about Friday prayers and who should write the sermon. I'm sorry, but the school has every right to monitor what is being said. Frankly I think it's very risky giving the opportunity for students to write their own sermons due to their naivety. Being a senior leader now and having taught in several schools with Muslim minorities I speak from experience.There is cause for concern here.
However if schools don't allow such activities then they risk young children obtaining their knowledge away from responsible eyes and ears, but I don't think that is the issue here.

Not really. US Constitution is strict about separating religion from government. No doubt if this happens in US, it would be quickly challenged in the courts. Nevertheless, separation of religion and government is more blurred in Commonwealth countries like Canada or UK.

What about CBC :

There is a clear difference between the CBC article and the jihadwatch article. If you can't tell the difference just by reading them, then good luck with the rest of your life.

Really , I am sure Mississauga will end up in Muslim Ghetto due to such verdicts by peel administration... and god bless Canada ..it will not take much time it become France .
And whats difference you made thought between these two articles , I am still not able to understand why there is such a special treatment for Muslim kids only
There is a clear difference between the CBC article and the jihadwatch article. If you can't tell the difference just by reading them, then good luck with the rest of your life.

Canada is ruled by a person like Manmohan Singh ..here people get kids allowance( almost 600$ per month) and you become rich if you breed like rats and google Mississauga , this city enjoys some special status in whole North America ;) ......
Not really. US Constitution is strict about separating religion from government. No doubt if this happens in US, it would be quickly challenged in the courts. Nevertheless, separation of religion and government is more blurred in Commonwealth countries like Canada or UK.

Mississauga is generally an up-scale area, many of the wealthiest Muslim families live there. Toronto schools have mostly allowed Friday sermons before, but they've always been written with staff oversight. But some people in the Peel board wanted to limit the sermons to 6-7 pre-written ones. But in the end, the Peel board is just continuing with the old policy (of letting the students write them, but with staff oversight).

I am more concerned about the "anti-islamophobia" bill that is being discussed right now in parliament and its impact on freedom of speech (given its not even clearly defined what such islamophobia covers...and why Islam is the only religion being tabled by such)

Many muslims are opposed to it too:

@Syed.Ali.Haider @Desert Fox

Last edited:
Why this privilege only for Muslim students and only in Mississauga ?
Mississauga is generally an up-scale area, many of the wealthiest Muslim families live there. Toronto schools have mostly allowed Friday sermons before, but they've always been written with staff oversight. But some people in the Peel board wanted to limit the sermons to 6-7 pre-written ones. But in the end, the Peel board is just continuing with the old policy (of letting the students write them, but with staff oversight).

Trudeau is really trying hard ti ruin this country ....... He is behaving like Smajwadi Govt of Up in India
I am more concerned about the "anti-islamophobia" bill that is being discussed right now in parliament and its impact on freedom of speech (given its not even clearly defined what such islamophobia covers...and why Islam is the only religion being tabled by such)

Many muslims are opposed to it too:

@Syed.Ali.Haider @Desert Fox

Why this privilege only for Muslim students and only in Mississauga ?
From what I remember, all students are allowed sermons under the guidelines, be it Muslim or non-Muslim.

Where I studied in Toronto, there were several Christian clubs in the school doing the same in terms of prayers, engagements and activities as the Muslim Students Association. Even Hindus did their thing, including Diwali celebrations, while Atheists had their own stuff (e.g. study circles, debates, etc).

These are the same rules in place in Keel (Mississauga), which then tried to impose an added rule for Muslims about pre-written sermons. But when the board found out that the sermons were being written with staff oversight, they retracted.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom