What's new

Can Temple Gold Help the Rupee?

I never envisioned that we would fall this low so fast. Now we are looking for gold from most unlikely places. Whats next?? May be they will ask us all to use 10 carat gold instead of 22 carat for our jewelry.

Reserve Bank of India asks Kerala temple boards about gold stocks

Temple boards in Kerala have received a letter from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) seeking details of the stock of gold in their possession, a temple board official said on Thursday.

A top official of the famous Guruvayoor Devasom Board said a letter has been received from the RBI seeking details of gold stocks it holds.

"I have passed on the letter to the managing committee of the temple, as all policy decisions are taken by the committee," the temple official, asking not to be identified, said.

The majority of temples in the state comes under the five different Devasom Boards, of which the Travancore Devasom Board is the biggest, with the famous Sabarimala temple falling within its jurisdiction.

Regional Director Salim Gangadharan of the RBI confirmed that a letter has been sent, but clarified: "The RBI has no plans to buy gold, and this exercise is nothing but part of a statistical exercise."

Incidentally, in July 2011 an apex court committee stumbled upon six vaults at the Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in the heart of the state capital. With only vault B left yet unopened, the treasure found in the five vaults has been estimated at over Rs 1 lakh crore.

Reserve Bank of India asks Kerala temple boards about gold stocks : North, News - India Today

one hand they ask report on gold and claim there is no plan to take the gold from temple ,something is wrong ....May be a conspiracy to loot Hindu temples

[
one hand they ask report on gold and claim there is no plan to take the gold from temple ,something is wrong ....May be a conspiracy to loot Hindu temples

Even though I am against using Temple gold to bail out economy, I dont think its a conspiracy to loot Hindu Temples.. They might be asking to give this gold as bonds..

Even though I am against using Temple gold to bail out economy, I dont think its a conspiracy to loot Hindu Temples.. They might be asking to give this gold as bonds..
It is. One of the last untouched sources of wealth that is yet to be looted by the UPA.

It is. One of the last untouched sources of wealth that is yet to be looted by the UPA.

Again its not UPA but RBI is asking for the gold.. I dont think they will let it loot by some ******** politician.. Most probably, they will accept it as bonds..

Temple gold is not state's property,so they have no right to use it to bail out economy or to grant special scholarships to minority students ......Once this gold is taken then its gone

i feel its conspiracy because there is no clarity in RBI's stand .........

Government entities. How about melting the Golden altars in Churches. Not good. For a secular country interfering with faith is going to be catastrophic. If the idiotic bills like food security etc were not passed, and corruption been not so rampant, these would not even have been necessary.
Again its not UPA but RBI is asking for the gold.. I dont think they will let it loot by some ******** politician.. Most probably, they will accept it as bonds..

Perfectly well said. :D
Temple gold is not state's property,so they have no right to use it to bail out economy or to grant special scholarships to minority students ......Once this gold is taken then its gone

i feel its conspiracy because there is no clarity in RBI's stand .........

I too agree with its not state properaty and I dont think government is taking it.. And definitely, it is not for any scholarships for minorities.. Keep other religions out of it.. I am sure that you know about bonds.. These temples can deposite these golds as bonds and receive the dividends..

Government entities.

Still there are times, when RBI did not fall into government lines..

Chidambaram will one day say ‘thank God RBI exists’: Subbarao | PTI

How about melting the Golden altars in Churches. Not good.

Golden altars?? I hope there is one in India, but yes there are gold crosses in some churches and am all for taking it.. There is no need to cover things with gold to please the god anyway..

For a secular country interfering with faith is going to be catastrophic. If the idiotic bills like food security etc were not passed, and corruption been not so rampant, these would not even have been necessary.

Agreed .. But as I said, it is not going to take away all the gold.. They might be asking it as a bond..

I too agree with its not state properaty and I dont think government is taking it.. And definitely, it is not for any scholarships for minorities.. Keep other religions out of it.. I am sure that you know about bonds.. These temples can deposite these golds as bonds and receive the dividends..

We know what happened to temple land so please dont educate us on Governments policy or bonds once its taken its gone forever.....Minority scholarships are given from states fund so by taking Temple gold government can add a spicy secular taste to that

The temples should be magnanimous and surrender the temple wealth to the government if it helps to save the nation. Hindus can then take the moral high ground and be even more proud of themselves. The newspaper headlines may then scream " Hindu Gods Rescue India !"

We know what happened to temple land so please dont educate us on Governments policy or bonds once its taken its gone forever.....Minority scholarships are given from states fund so by taking Temple gold government can add a spicy secular taste to that

actually there are more things to say in religious angle ,including religion of UPA chairperson ;)

Nee oru karyam chey, ente nenjathottu angu keri irangu..

South Koreans donated their family silvers to save the Won from total collapse during the 1997 Asian financial crisis.

I was there seeing for my own eyes people lining up to part with their gold rings、necklaces etc for the good of the country.

Indians should do the same now for their country.

But I suspect Indians are not as patriotic as the South Koreans?

we are patriotic but we just don't have any believe in our present Govt let it change and we will be right in front eat again,this govt have make a very negative atmosphere in India everyone is just waiting for 2014 and then PM Modi

The temples should be magnanimous and surrender the temple wealth to the government if it helps to save the nation. Hindus can then take the moral high ground and be even more proud of themselves. The newspaper headlines may then scream " Hindu Gods Rescue India !"

This idea of Hindu magnanimity is proving very dangerous for Hindus. High time Hindus weeded out morons who would drive them to penury in the name of magnanimity.

Seiko,

Any Gold exchanged for paper money is as good as gone. Any gold taken by the govt can be hypothecated by the govt by a simple legislation later on. This is what happened to the princely states when their privy purses were abolished. Indian govt has a long dishonorable history of stealing people's money. This is a dangerous period for Hindus and the govt is clearly out to destroy Hindus in the name of national emergency.

Back
Top Bottom