What's new

Can Pakistan buy kashmir like it bought Gwadar?

Agreed, I think a study said 80% of them didn't want anything to do with Pakistan, as for us - yeah they hate us we hate back, one more partition is impossible, the best they can hope for is some more autonomy.
Republic of Kashmir not feasible?

higher importance how? Your soliders laid there lives in Sri lanka, what did you get in return? There land? Why don't you name an object for barter?

They laid down their lives for our national interest. Wars are not fought only for territory, but also for national interests - whether justified ones or unjust ones. Did American soldiers die in Iraq or Afghanistan so that those countries would become part of USA? In the war with LTTE, the Indian soldiers were fighting for other national interests, not for land. Which is why I said that example is totally irrelevant to this topic.

Republic of Kashmir not feasible?
Everybody knows it is not. It would be a landlocked republic with no resources, completely dependant on India or Pak for trade and access to the outside world. It would be an Afghanistan, with no way to make money.

higher importance how? Your soliders laid there lives in Sri lanka, what did you get in return?

Nobody as yet has offered to pay a price for the lost lives in Sri Lanka and we don't expect anyone to be able to pay a price for the price of a soldiers life ..right?

So what do you propose?

Nothing, you are the one who's trying to propose here.

They lied down their lives for our national interest. Wars are not fought only for territory, but also for national interests - whether justified ones or unjust ones. Did American soldiers die in Iraq or Afghanistan so that those countries would become part of USA? In the war with LTTE, the Indian soldiers were fighting for other national interests, not for land. Which is why I said that example is totally irrelevant to this topic.

Its too about their national interest. Kashmir for Pakistan is about rivers, not about the Muslim majority. Jinnah called Kashmir as jugular veins of Pakistan, veins here means Chenab-Indus-Jhelum river system.

They laid down their lives for our national interest. Wars are not fought only for territory, but also for national interests - whether justified ones or unjust ones. Did American soldiers die in Iraq or Afghanistan so that those countries would become part of USA? In the war with LTTE, the Indian soldiers were fighting for other national interests, not for land. Which is why I said that example is totally irrelevant to this topic.

Everybody knows it is not. It would be a landlocked republic with no resources, completely dependant on India or Pak for trade and access to the outside world. It would be an Afghanistan, with no way to make money.
but Afghanistan is surviving, no?

No I am damn sure. Just wanted to know if it is a real option. (not talking about feasibility)
The option has been exercised multiple times.As you noted about Gwadar, same was done with Alaska.The Yankees bought it from the Ruskies.
Feasibility is an entirely different story.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom