What's new

Can IAF afford to Cancel THE MMRCA

india should have in early 2000s inducted 200 LCAs plain and simple..
to boast its capabilites a little extra it could have gone for some additional mig 29..
than around 2020 it could have opt for PAKFA

inducting MRCA kind of makes the whole LCA effort as practically useless.

especially when lca is a very good aircaft other than fact its not be inducting due to politics

india should have in early 2000s inducted 200 LCAs plain and simple..
to boast its capabilites a little extra it could have gone for some additional mig 29..
than around 2020 it could have opt for PAKFA

inducting MRCA kind of makes the whole LCA effort as practically useless.

especially when lca is a very good aircaft other than fact its not be inducting due to politics
so you want pakfa to be placed at borders and use it as interceptor

The only best cost effective aircraft will be Mig35

there cant be a better answer for this Indian MRCA deal than what you said. dual engine with a powerful AESA radar and having much improved A2G capabilities of Mig35 which is offered for only around $50mil or for just around $60mil with fully loaded with missiles, with already having infrastructure of Mig29s and having good training of Indian Pilots on them, which may be delivered from even 2013/14 onwards, ........... I would advise that either pay just around $9bn for 126 Mig35 or just buy few more Su30MKIs and LCAs for around $10bn and buy six more stealth submarines, in place of paying over $20bn for 4th gen aircrafts. and dont forget that Mig35 ticked most of the boxes and was neck to neck with Rafale and EFT, it lost points in 'engine test' only while even current single engine Mig29Ks are being delivered with the same engine :tup:

(IAF may also consider to buy 150 more LCAs mk2 with AESA radar for around $5bn only, which would also come in production line from 2014 onwards with proposed upgrades for LCAs. and then they would pay $5bn for 50 more SU30MKIs like their current order of $4.1bn for 42 SU30MKIs offered with brahmos missiles, stealth features, AESA radar and other upgrades. and in return of this big order, IAF may negotiate AESA radar for LCA also :agree:. And this way they will again have $10bn saving for six extra next gen stealth submarines along with P75I. and here, if you will need any very specialized A2G/ multi role operations andwhere, then why you are paying $3.9bn to upgrade 51 Mirage2000?)

thats why your 80% forces are on eastern border.... wat a joke by SUPER POWER INDIA

OUR western border. YOUR eastern border. And that just proves my point. Or are you saying that 80% of our forces are on the indo-chinese border? If so, you are wrong.

And I'm happy to see you call India a superpower in all your posts - a claim most Indians don't make. At most we say emerging superpower. Anyway don't derail the topic with uninformed one liners.

thats why your 80% forces are on eastern border.... wat a joke by SUPER POWER INDIA

I strongly believe that number of troops on the Indo-Pak border would be reduced by at least 50% to the current level. India has around 400,000 on Pakistan border while they need at least 100,000 to 200,000 on the Chinese border right now and Pakistan would put extra strengths on their Afghan border to fight with the militants??????????

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

What will happen If MMRCA is cancelled and PAK FA is delayed by 5 years and AMCA is not complete by 2025?

Man you have very practical approach, this MRCA would come in production not before 2018, if we add just 2-3 years of delay to proposed 2015, or may be, it may be cancelled also, very likely. and MCA program would also handsomely go beyond 2025. And also, you would add at least 3-4 years to proposed 2018 time of PAK FA/ FGFA, when its production line will get matured.

But, you have done 3 main good things which will keep you on top. The first one is LCA program which would start producing aircrafts at least from 2015 even with mk2 version with possibly AESA radar. Second you will keep production line of SU30MKI open until either MRCA or PAK FA will come in production with keep making orders of 40-42 more LCAs and SU30MKIs on time to time like recent orders for SU30MKIs. and third, even if it may take up to 2022, PAK FA/ FGFA will definitely come in production :cheers:

we cant go back

we must have to induct mmrca ASAP

we can do one thing on secret deal we can buy 30-50 su35 from russia only for the out side base

we strongly need out side base so that we can make some pressure on pakistan and china

I strongly believe that number of troops on the Indo-Pak border would be reduced by at least 50% to the current level. India has around 400,000 on Pakistan border while they need at least 100,000 to 200,000 on the Chinese border right now and Pakistan would put extra strengths on their Afghan border to fight with the militants??????????

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Man you have very practical approach, this MRCA would come in production not before 2018, if we add just 2-3 years of delay to proposed 2015, or may be, it may be cancelled also, very likely. and MCA program would also handsomely go beyond 2025. And also, you would add at least 3-4 years to proposed 2018 time of PAK FA/ FGFA, when its production line will get matured.

But, you have done 3 main good things which will keep you on top. The first one is LCA program which would start producing aircrafts at least from 2015 even with block 2 version with possibly AESA radar. Second you will keep production line of SU30MKI open until either MRCA or PAK FA will come in production with keep making orders of 40-42 more LCAs and SU30MKIs on time to time like recent orders for SU30MKIs. and third, even if it may take up to 2022, PAK FA/ FGFA will definitely come in production :cheers:

thats ok but tell me how many sq now we have and how many minimum sq we req to save our airspace

tell me how many planes we have , i mean working condition ,

tell me do we have any plane who can go deep in china and keep safe back ??

we must have to think other option and mmrca is in the condition that we cant go back

I think we should have stopped the LCA program back in 1999 only and should have replaced it with MCA (which is nothing but a twin engine LCA with semi stealth capabilities ) then we may would have our own Rafale by now (Which means no need for MMRCA) and in future or now we should have gone for FGFA . But we didn't and what we have now LCA prototypes , AMCA design , no FGFA and a 15 billion lucrative deal.

And yes MMRCA will kill LCA as now our MK2 has more competition then B4.

And if you cancel what better alternative ? Build your own fighters on par with the typhoon and other up to date fighters ? there is a chance india could to get the F-35's however downgraded, if you cancel the MMRCA stick to the T-50 and FGFA.

And if you cancel what better alternative ? Build your own fighters on par with the typhoon and other up to date fighters ? there is a chance india could to get the F-35's however downgraded, if you cancel the MMRCA stick to the T-50 and FGFA.

No mate I don't think its possible for us to make a plane of Typhoon standards but we can make MK2 better can't we??

And FGFA is always there for us.

thats ok but tell me how many sq now we have and how many minimum sq we req to save our airspace

tell me how many planes we have , i mean working condition ,

tell me do we have any plane who can go deep in china and keep safe back ??

we must have to think other option and mmrca is in the condition that we cant go back

I cant keep so many things in mind but IAF has at least 34 sq right now and their sanctioned limit is 42, if I remember. And IAF do have almost all the Mig29s, Mirage2000H and Su30MKIs in working condition. There are questions on Mig27s, Mig21s and Jaguars but no air defense of the world can have 100% aircrafts on working condition, I think. Even if you can achieve 70 to 80%, its still good. (the news that only 60% of IAF is in working condition, if you want me to say about that then, you would correct it by saying almost 100% 4th gen are in working while around 50% of rest have some issues………..).

Right now China doesn’t have any answer to this coming 42 SU30MKI which will have stealth features, AESA radar and with many other upgrades than the current SU30MKIs, with loaded with Brahmos missiles. Only Chinese would be stealth J20 will be able to stand in front of this new deliveries of SU30MKIs while even the current SU30MKIs would be said to be at least a ‘+’ ahead than J10s………..

Don’t worry for MRCA even if it get cancelled as, production line of SU30MKIs will run at least till 2014-15 as per the current orders and if IAF desn’t get MRCAs then they would definitely order for a new 42 to 63 SU30s to keep production line of SU30MKIs running in India. IAF mustn’t close production line of SU30MKI, and also LCA, until either MRCA or PAK FA will get a green signal, I guess……………

I think we should have stopped the LCA program back in 1999 only and should have replaced it with MCA (which is nothing but a twin engine LCA with semi stealth capabilities ) then we may would have our own Rafale by now (Which means no need for MMRCA) and in future or now we should have gone for FGFA . But we didn't and what we have now LCA prototypes , AMCA design , no FGFA and a 15 billion lucrative deal.

And yes MMRCA will kill LCA as now our MK2 has more competition then B4.

Tejus/ LCA is a very capable aircraft and with its upgraded mk2 version with AESA radar, I can say that 2 LCA >> EFT. LCA will form a back boon of Indian air defense while working as an interceptor in future, I sincerely believe. IAF need a good number of LCAs….........

there cant be a better answer for this Indian MRCA deal than what you said. dual engine with a powerful AESA radar and having much improved A2G capabilities of Mig35 which is offered for only around $50mil or for just around $60mil with fully loaded with missiles, with already having infrastructure of Mig29s and having good training of Indian Pilots on them, which may be delivered from even 2013/14 onwards, ........... I would advise that either pay just around $9bn for 126 Mig35 or just buy few more Su30MKIs and LCAs for around $10bn and buy six more stealth submarines, in place of paying over $20bn for 4th gen aircrafts. and dont forget that Mig35 ticked most of the boxes and was neck to neck with Rafale and EFT, it lost points in 'engine test' only while even current single engine Mig29Ks are being delivered with the same engine :tup:

Such a thing doesn't exist. Single engine Mig 29Ks?:what:

IAF cannot afford to cancel MMRCA or India would lose to China. India needs to beat China in military spending.

Back
Top Bottom