Erin Burnett wearing no scarf in KSA, while wearing hijab in Iran

Middle East revolution effect on Saudi Arabia - CNBC Erin Burnett - YouTube

Erin Burnett on the ground in Tehran - YouTube

BBC News reporter with no scarf

‫

Saudi women in KSA without Burqa

‫

American Lady Emigrates To Saudi Arabia And Loves It - Voice Over - YouTube

Same reason the Saudi Arabians are - its their nation.

I think all nations can learn from how Arabs treat their workers.

I work for the Saudi national security establishments & law enforcement, and if anyone mistreats another one then he/she shall bear the responsibility for his/her action.

Saudi woman gets 3 years for beating maid

Dammam police helps maid gets her rights

Man sentenced to prison for turning a blind eye on a maid abuse

And I think the entire human race must learn how naive the Canadians are.
Learn how to use critical thinking.

:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, most freedom that is taken away from individual to make life better for majority sounds morally unjust for me, never argued this on moral basis but practical one. I am in favour of restiction of guns in US, although its morally unjust.

just because criminals wear xyz attire does not make the wearing of it wrong - i agree
just becase islamophobes brought the legislation, does not make legislation wrong - ?

I think the law does not discriminate, and at the same time give religious freedom.

10.26 is nearly same as mine.. I think I should cut down.. :)

I have posted a video 'secret lives of dogs' .. will post 'secret lives of cats' when available on youtube.

Funny, I'm actually against the restriction of guns. All I favor is background checks, legal age requirements and a few other formalities, but other than that, everyone should have the right to these tools that are clearly made for self defence.

Anyway, even practically, it just doesn't jell. This law is not going to lower the crime rate, nor is there evidence that since this law was implemented, law enforcement authorities have made more positive identifications and arrests because of the ban.

The intent behind an action can speak volumes of what the action is trying to enact, or prevent. In this care, yes, the legislation is completely wrong, because it makes no moral, nor practical sense. The law discriminates by forcing people to dress a certain way (restriction on the freedom of expression) and it very well does restrict freedom of religion, as is the case of women who believe that the burqa is a religious requirement.

10.26 seems average then, right? I've been meaning to contribute more, but defence news is just so slow now a days. I guess it's because most of the exciting stuff is announced during the middle to end of the year.

I'll check the cat vid out, sounds like fun :)

Funny, I'm actually against the restriction of guns. All I favor is background checks, legal age requirements and a few other formalities, but other than that, everyone should have the right to these tools that are clearly made for self defence.

Anyway, even practically, it just doesn't jell. This law is not going to lower the crime rate, nor is there evidence that since this law was implemented, law enforcement authorities have made more positive identifications and arrests because of the ban.

The intent behind an action can speak volumes of what the action is trying to enact, or prevent. In this care, yes, the legislation is completely wrong, because it makes no moral, nor practical sense. The law discriminates by forcing people to dress a certain way (restriction on the freedom of expression) and it very well does restrict freedom of religion, as is the case of women who believe that the burqa is a religious requirement.

10.26 seems average then, right? I've been meaning to contribute more, but defence news is just so slow now a days. I guess it's because most of the exciting stuff is announced during the middle to end of the year.

I'll check the cat vid out, sounds like fun :)
Lets agree to disagree then, coz its opposing viewpoint, we both applied consistently in all cases we argued. :)

10 means one is not gainfully employed...5 employed but has lot of interest, 2 either not interested or too busy.. :P
I will tag you when I post cat video.

Lets agree to disagree then, coz its opposing viewpoint, we both applied consistently in all cases we argued. :)

10 means one is not gainfully employed... :P
I will tag you when I post cat video.

Agreed.

I look forward to the tagging ^.^

How do you define Atheism?

Atheism, what I and many people in the world follow, is a position of being neutral in your religious beliefs, or in simple terms, give up all religious beliefs, follow the laws of the land, aka the constitution. Whenever we atheists are faced with any difficult situation, we try to sort it out rationally and scientifically, instead of uselessly praying to someone who doesn't exist. Many of us do believe in God, but we try, as much as possible, not to ask IT for help. And yes, we atheists appear to be usually very tolerant to others' religious believes, but we actually don't give a f u c k, and when we see some religious person, in our minds, we laugh and smirk at their stupidity and irrationality....

they aren't going to refuse to remove the mask if asked by a police officer/get violent about it.

No woman refused to take off her veil when asked by law enforcement.
The people getting violent are the vigilantes.
If police shouted vulgarities and abused the surgeon, they would face disciplinary action -- unless, of course, they abuse Muslim women, in which case nothing much is likely to happen.

Atheism, what I and many people in the world follow, is a position of being neutral in your religious beliefs, or in simple terms, give up all religious beliefs, follow the laws of the land, aka the constitution.

Whenever we atheists are faced with any difficult situation, we try to sort it out rationally and scientifically, instead of uselessly praying to someone who doesn't exist. Many of us do believe in God, but we try, as much as possible, not to ask IT for help.

And yes, we atheists appear to be usually very tolerant to others' religious believes, but we actually don't give a f u c k, and when we see some religious person, in our minds, we laugh and smirk at their stupidity and irrationality....

There is no difference between you and a religious person.

A Muslim -- Submit to Allah or you will burn in Hell.

A Christian -- Bow to Jesus or you will burn in hell.

Atheist -- We laugh at your stupidity and irrationality.

So all the above 3 are intolerant of others belief.

So where is rationality as you profuse?

is a position of being neutral in your religious beliefs

in "sensitive" countries which are "non-muslim" may as well ban the burqa for "obvious" reasons, but hijaab should be welcomed.
unlike burqa, in hijaab, u can see the face and there goes "threats to security" into oblivion and best part is, the woman gets to show her religion with confidence.
the subject of "differentiation from mainstream dressing" is a bogus. in today's cosmopolitan world, its worthless to advice ppl to dress like uniforms.
and hijab is soooo good looking....:smitten:
sorry to say, burqa is a little scary....u "dont know" whats inside and hence a potential security threat.

No, Saudi Arabia is not racist. It's a holy land for the Muslims. Non-Muslims are not welcome there but everywhere else is fine. We don't allow non-Muslims in our Masaajid and Muslims have no right to be in churches. Simple.

Why don't the French ban Christian nunsfrom wearing hijab?

Overt public displays of religion are not allowed in France regardless.

I have been to Paris where I was advised as a tourist not to keep my Dharmachakra locket out of my shirt or the kalva thread (got one during the Hindu prayer ceremony) within my shirt sleeves.

I had no issues obeying the laws of the land.

What is with you guys mate?

Just as KSA is a holy land for you, France is the country of French.... if you live in their country, follow their laws or else go back to your country where you feel laws are better for you.

Why demand favours from those who are not you?

No woman refused to take off her veil when asked by law enforcement.
The people getting violent are the vigilantes.
If police shouted vulgarities and abused the surgeon, they would face disciplinary action -- unless, of course, they abuse Muslim women, in which case nothing much is likely to happen.

If they didn't refuse, we wouldn't be having this thread come up. The people getting violent are directly related to the women wearing the coverings. The last statement in not able to be proven, and I don't agree with such a sweeping generalization.

If they didn't refuse, we wouldn't be having this thread come up. The people getting violent are directly related to the women wearing the coverings. The last statement in not able to be proven, and I don't agree with such a sweeping generalization.

The problem is that the hysteria around the burqa has emboldened vigilantes across France who attack Muslim women, even sending them to the hospital. The Muslim community is reacting to this hysteria which has been drummed up around a non-issue. I don't agree with the Muslim violence but, when people see their women being abused, it is bound to happen.

The problem is that the hysteria around the burqa has emboldened vigilantes across France who attack Muslim women, even sending them to the hospital. The Muslim community is reacting to this hysteria which has been drummed up around a non-issue. I don't agree with the Muslim violence but, when people see their women being abused, it is bound to happen.

Everyone immigrant from 3rd world countries knows they are going to EU or US for economic reasons, jobs business reasons.

And not to wear burqa, and live in tents.

When you become immigrant, you should be ready to adapt to your host nation.

The sooner you do it, the better you will achieve your OWN very purpose to go there in the first place.

peace

When you become immigrant, you should be ready to adapt to your host nation.
The sooner you do it, the better you will achieve your OWN very purpose to go there in the first place.
peace

This is such an obvious "truth" that wonders why "immigrants" behave otherwise. I think the problem is that the first generation immigrants understand your wisdom, but subsequent generations are susceptible to being persuaded that any lack of success that they have, vis a' vis their indigenous cohorts, is due to "discrimination". This turns them to embrace and magnify the very cultural "differences" that sabotage their acceptance and financial success. It becomes a self-fulfilling spiral of rejection and defeat. So sad.

If there is no ban on wearing bikini & bra in public, so whats the problem with wearing veil?

Back
Top Bottom