What's new

Bulgarian Mig 29's pilot talks about going against USAF F-16 Block 50

Mig 29 is a great platform.

Mig 21 is a greater platform.

As long as they are piloted by Bulgarians and Romanians.

Neither of of the two country's pilots are vegetarians.

Enough said ??

OH THOU SMART ARSE

DO thee mean to say :

that mig have a place to keep your kfc bucket ? you have some other smart answer ?

The 29 is also stressed to take more G's..
However.. as a complete package the F-16 is more versatile.
What the mig lacked(addressed in the Mig-35).. was true M/R capability.
However.. in training ex.. "old" F-7's have repeatedly shot down "new" F-16's..
as have Mig-21's done the same to Su-30's.

Newer weapons.. such as high G missiles... will make the turning fight less important.. and getting the first shot off more..

Newer weapons.. such as high G missiles... will make the turning fight less important.. and getting the first shot off more..

I suspect you are right here, but there is a lot of merit in the opposing view too. A letter to the editor of Aviation weekly made the following excellent point in support of a good dogfighter:

"As to the argument about missiles making maneuver obsolete; we are one good jammer/active defense/countermeasure away from going "back to steam" where we are throwing the Newtonian equivalent of rocks at each other ( as you cannot jam a rock). The gun so far is not obsolete. "

I suspect you are right here, but there is a lot of merit in the opposing view too. A letter to the editor of Aviation weekly made the following excellent point in support of a good dogfighter:

"As to the argument about missiles making maneuver obsolete; we are one good jammer/active defense/countermeasure away from going "back to steam" where we are throwing the Newtonian equivalent of rocks at each other ( as you cannot jam a rock). The gun so far is not obsolete. "

True.. the einstien principle of world war IV being fought with sticks and stones..
Although I believe the drift into energy weapons might be the reason for the death of the missile.

He is a Bulgarian Mig 29's pilot not some India pilot that you guys are jumping like bunnies

Every pilot loves his machine. I read it and saw nothing else then onesided comment.

Thats tells the actual performance of Mig 29

PhotoHandler.ashx

PhotoHandlerashx.jpg

A single German F-4 Phantom took out five Rafales at Frisian Flag 2008, and a E/A-18 Growler killed a Raptor - what does that prove?
:coffee:

ea18g_f22kill.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like EF2000 to me.

Anyway, German F4 against anything else is a share joke. It is a flying brick. Anyone knows that.

Thats right, skill, training and tactics matter.

It was Rafale, great pilot but not so good at drawing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom