What's new

Budget of 27km buss service in Lahore is more than all south punjab

I was wondering, is punjab the most influential and wealthy part of pakistan ?

I was wondering, is punjab the most influential and wealthy part of pakistan ?

Not sure what are the basis of your question.

Punjabi cities like Lahore, Pindi, and Faislabad do have concentration of wealth like any other big city.

Punjabi villages are pretty much at the same level as the rural areas of other states like Sindh, KPK and Balochistan.

Off course Karachi beats any other city in Pakistan when it comes to accumulation of wealth, education, hospitals, schools, colleges etc.

peace

People were saying the same thing when we were building Metro and Airport in Delhi. Why India is making metro when there is so much poverty. Now look how its turned out. Now almost every Tier I and Tier II city is India is doing the same thing (Metro + World Class Airport). The point is Development can't be stopped. And you need projects that Showcases your city. That brings investment and jobs and becomes a benchmark for the rest to follow.

I personally feel its a good project. People should not be so critical.

Not sure what are the basis of your question.

Punjabi cities like Lahore, Pindi, and Faislabad do have concentration of wealth like any other big city.

Punjabi villages are pretty much at the same level as the rural areas of other states like Sindh, KPK and Balochistan.

Off course Karachi beats any other city in Pakistan when it comes to accumulation of wealth, education, hospitals, schools, colleges etc.

peace

influence?
is punjab relatively more influential than other states because most pakisanis live there, as in dose it have special status?

A modern transportation system is essential for a modern city. Mass transit is the basic necessity of the working class.

Not everyone can take a rickshaw, or taxi to where they need to go. Mass Transit offers the economy of scale not offered by other transport systems. It lessens the congestion on roads, less pollution, economic development increases.

Mass Transit projects require massive upfront start up costs. But their is massive economic development from that costs that offers great returns.

Sure it costed what 28 billion but that money could have been put into someones Swiss account. Why not have something to show for the corruption?

I am a fan of PTI but seriously speaking PTI and its leadership has disappointed me a lot. To be honest they are behaving as a tool.

Guys there might be flaws in this project but still it is a development. It is going to bring improvement to the city of Lahore. Here in my city(karachi), there is no such thing as development. The whole Karachi is laa waris right now. The whole city has been awarded to bhatta mafia and thugs. The robbers and criminals are so much bold now that they come in big numbers and rob even mosques. Can you guys believe that? Even a mosque was robbed in fajr prayer here in Karachi in kharadar area. They were 14 robbers, all heavily armed and successfully looted the guys in the mosque and then simply fled. So please leave this hypocrisy support anything good and also raise your voice for Karachi. It is getting destroyed and you guys are doing nothing.

5822_338256219609623_550403873_n.jpg

I think this picture says it all..........

no less than 4 buses in workshop, 12 damaged, windows broken, led thrown at station and hular bazi by people !!

i got a very good idea, those who are against this Metro Service should not use it in protest & the rest of u go enjoy it... happy ending :P

what is the running cost of this bus service? and how exactly its going to cover up its investment in five years as per claimed by Shahbaz sharif? anyone?

But still,they wouldbe ok within days & may serve peoples again?
Govt should teach lesson to these,stupids who make hullar bazi ?
& anyway,this project shouldn't be stopped just because few peoples madness?
For pakistani punjabis mubarak hoo?lol

"The economics behind the Lahore Metro Bus Service

According to the Punjab government, 30 billion rupees is the amount of money spent on the Lahore Metro Bus Service. The actual figure may be a lot more, but let’s just take their word for it and apply a bit of perspective to it instead."

There are many misunderstandings with the economics that has been calculated. But I will discuss only one. There has been quoted that:

Out of total budget of Rs 63 billion allocated for infrastructure development nearly 50% have been spend on Metro Bus Service and similarly out of total Rs 25 billion for education sector 5 billion spent for laptops

First Clarification:

We can not compare above mentioned Rs 63 billion of infrastructure to that of Rs. 30 million on MBS in this simple fashion. The reason is that all the projects under Rs 63 million are NOT started during current year and WILL NOT complete during current year. More than 90% of these projects were started last year and many will continue next year as well but MBS project started and completed during current year. If we really want to make this comparison then we may have to add (very roughly speaking) some Rs 50 billion last years allocation, Rs 63 billion current year allocation and some Rs 75 billion for next years allocation (if we assume that there are not any project more than 3 years time span and we know what is speed of our implementing project). And now if we see Rs 30 billion out of 188 billion then picture seems quite different.

Second Clarification:

This Rs 63 billion is not the only money allocated for infrastructure. It is mere managerial division at departmental level. If we really want to see how much money goes on infrastructure in Punjab kindly see that most of following funds (roughly may be more than 80%) are also spend on infrastructure by district government in contrast with provincial government:
1) District packages = 12.4 billion
2) Accerelated district packages = 5 billion
3) Local government and CD = 0.9 billion
4) TMA development programs = 12 billion
5) Equalization grants for district development = 4 billion

If you add 80% of this 35 billion to already calculated Rs 188 billion it will be round Rs 216 billion. And situation becomes more different. Rs 30 billion of to total Rs 216 billion is 14 % rather earlier calculated 50%.

The same case is with health sector and even more worse in education sector. So economics is not so simple. We are learned and these budget documents are meant for us. We should spare some time and do some deeper exercise when making comparisons.

I want to explain other expedient comparisons e.g. example of 10 hospitals and Punjab's total budget but I think this is sufficient if we learn to see things in their true place.

I have quoted all the figures from Budget document of Punjab 2012-13 (in a very casual manner). http://www.punjab.gov.pk/system/files/Budget_Highlights_2012_13.pdf

well i can tell about my Sialkot city, which is just next to lahore. here govt spend no money on nothing. our chamber invests on the city. if we didnt had chamber this city would have been a villiage. in Pervaiz elahi's last 5 years, he worked alot. especially he built motorway from skt to lhr. but that CM bulldoze that project by sayin that its not feasible...

no less than 4 buses in workshop, 12 damaged, windows broken, led thrown at station and hular bazi by people !!

Wow....why is the floor of the bus so high?

Wow....why is the floor of the bus so high?

These busses are not supposed to pick up holigans from the road.

Their door level matches with the level of Bus-station platform.

Hope you understand it now.

peace

See the irony?

In the pic, they are mostly students (with backpacks) heading to schools, colleges, and universities.

I don't know if it is a chicken problem, or egg problem, or may be this time we just blame the fing cow :lol:

Back
Top Bottom