What's new

Breaking News : 'Russians occupy' Crimea airports

Pfft. As if the U.N. endorsing such action is the ONLY legitimate route! You gotta bone up on int'l law here. What you recognize as "legitimate" isn't the same thing as what the world recognizes as "legal".

Getting an approval from the U.S. Congress to advance American interests seem to be the only legitimate route ? Maybe , you need to start developing a right idea of whats right and acceptable to the world and how much interference can be tolerated by the people .

One of my Pakistani classmates from college said he left because his home town was controlled by drug pushers: they'd stop cars and forcibly inject the occupants with drugs. He said after two such episodes, the victims would be permanently hooked. So it's not as clear-cut as you claim, is it?

I believe , I was giving you an analogy about " how blame actually falls on your country too " for starting the chain reaction leading to the negative outcomes in the future . The only clear cut things was the Eagle's mandate to bring democracy making things worse . Did you not understand it or like most of the things , chose to pretend that you didn't ? Which was it ?

Because the U.S. doesn't believe in burying secrets forever.

The U.S. though believes in using " illegitimate " means again to bring regime changes - one which isn't acceptable to the people and isn't something " good " for them ?

False analogies. Who else liberates subjected peoples into freedom? Perhaps you'd like to call in the French? But they pretty much limit their direct intervention to Africa. (Indeed, they never really left.)

Perhaps , I would like to call no one and try to deal with it myself ? Did this thought ever cross your mind ? Now , this might be a real challenge for you to understand here because of the deep developed righteousness of the U.S. and its policies .

So you justify any crime you committed in the past or will commit in the future, or any ill you've ever suffered at the hands of another Pakistani by blaming the U.S., simply because it's convenient for you not to take moral responsibility for your own actions.

I made it clear very early in my posts that " No " though a portion of that blame remains with you , for putting me in the state to have the need to make the choice in the first place .

Getting an approval from the U.S. Congress to advance American interests seem to be the only legitimate route ?
No, sir. There's a difference between what is legal and what is legitimate. Legitimacy is much more subjective, as it encompasses not just law but a person's expectations.

In my view, you tailor the past to justify your actions - or lack of actions. How can you possibly put faith in your moral judgment when your fundamental rule is, "Me first!"?

Perhaps , I would like to call no one and try to deal with it myself ? Did this thought ever cross your mind ?
You are "dealing with it" by letting evil reign.

Now , this might be a real challenge for you to understand here because of the deep developed righteousness of the U.S. and its policies .
The U.S. didn't have to try to develop democracies in Iraq and Afghanistan. It could have just wrecked the places and let the population stew in their own juice. It didn't have to pump in money and set up governments and elections, including accepting leaders who oppose U.S. interests. Would you have considered that more righteous?

I made it clear very early in my posts that " No " though a portion of that blame remains with you , for putting me in the state to have the need to make the choice in the first place .
It's a "Catch-22" isn't it? If the U.S. pulls away from Pakistan we are accused of abandonment, yet when the U.S. engages Pakistan is it accused of interference. Either way the U.S. is to blame, and you consider yourself absolved of all responsibility for the failure of your society to establish order and peace, or for yourself to act for good.

We are NOT your masters, Secur! Pakistanis make their own decisions. You are a responsible human being. The crimes you commit are yours. The crimes you endorse or condone are your moral failings.

No, sir. There's a difference between what is legal and what is legitimate. Legitimacy is much more subjective, as it encompasses not just law but a person's expectations.

So , now the subjective perceptions will be utilized to justify the wrongdoings somehow ? I believe , the covert operations by your premier agency are in no way " legal " or " legitimate " . For the Americans , good maybe , not so for the rest .

You are "dealing with it" by letting evil reign.

No , we are trying to deal with it by ourselves without involving your " interests " in the race too .

The U.S. didn't have to try to develop democracies in Iraq and Afghanistan. It could have just wrecked the places and let the population stew in their own juice. It didn't have to pump in money and set up governments and elections, including accepting leaders who oppose U.S. interests. Would you have considered that more righteous?

You did well enough and the results are there for all to see . Ruin and abandon , isn't it the new doctrine ? Why ask for more , seriously ? How would you explain " setting the house on fire " in the first place to need to rebuild it ?

It's a "Catch-22" isn't it? If the U.S. pulls away from Pakistan we are accused of abandonment, yet when the U.S. engages Pakistan is it accused of interference. Either way the U.S. is to blame, and you consider yourself absolved of all responsibility for the failure of your society to establish order and peace, or for yourself to act for good.

Why " assume " things on our behalf and then claim it as " true " ? There's no Catch-22 here , the Americans are free to leave the region , most of the Pakistanis today will agree that the Afghan war and the over dependency on U.S. and subsequent support for Jihadi groups was a grave mistake on Pakistan's part which has lead to this outcome , in the form of extremism and terrorism today . But as I told you " a portion of blame " always remains with you .

Pakistanis make their own decisions.

Not always .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom