What's new

Breaking news ! ! RAB has found ULFA's 5 big bunkers and 1 military base

BDforever

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
RAB has found 5 big bunkers of ULFA at Shatchori National forest.

106 rocket launchers, 6 mortar shells and huge number of heavy weapons have found from 1 bunker.
4 bunkers to search more....

RAB also found 1 ULFA's military base at Chunaru hat, Hobiganj.

More info to follow...............................

Murder case filed against 9 RAB men
June 2, 2014 1:09 am·

A murder case was filed in Brahmanbaria on Sunday against 11 people nine of whom are Rapid Action Battalion 14 personnel, including the battalion’s Bhairab company commander Major AZM Sakib Siddiki and subinspector Enamul Hoque.

The other accused in the case are Nazrul Islam and Abu Taher Mia.Md Mehedi Hasan, brother of the slain Shahnur Alam, filed the case with senior judicial magistrate’s court at Nabinagar in the afternoon. The court posted the hearing for June 4.

Trader Shahnur Alam, 43, of Bagdahar under Nabinagar, died in Comilla Medical College Hospital on May 6.
Shahnur’s brother Mehedi told New Age that RAB 14 had arrested Shahnur on April 29.‘Nine people in plain clothes came to our house and threatened us pulling out guns. After detaining Shahnur, the nine put on battalion uniforms and took him blindfolded to Nabinagar police station,’ Mehedi said.

Shahnur was then taken to the RAB 14 camp at Bhairab and tortured severely, Mehedi quoted Shahnur as saying later.
Battalion officials then handed him over to the Nabinagar police and ‘forced’ Abu Taher, an inhabitant of the area, to file a case of extortion against him, Mehedi added.

Mehedi said that the police had produced Shahnur in court, which sent him to jail. He was sent to Brahmanbaria General Hospital after his condition had deteriorated severely. He was later sent to Comilla Medical College Hospital on May 6 where he died that day.Shahnur’s family claimed that the torture that he faced had caused the death.‘Shahnur told me that the battalion had threatened to destroy his family,’ said Mehedi alleging that the battalion had killed ‘in exchange for money.’

‘They also beat me and kicked me with gumboots, poured hot water on my head and in my mouth and pushed two boiled eggs through my anus,’ Shahnur is reported to have told Mehedi in hospital the day before his death.

He said that it took about a month to file a case as they feared that something worse could happen to them if a case was filed against the battalion.Abu Taher, who filed the extortion case in which Shahnur was shown arrested, told New Age that he did not know Shahnur earlier.

‘I had never seen Shahnur and he had never spoken to me. It was Madan who demanded money from me,’ Taher said.
He said that police had called him on April 30 and told him that the battalion had detained the extortionists, who included Madan, on April 29 and handed them over to the police.‘The police said that I should go to the police station and file a case. I so did. That was the first time I saw Shahnur. I had never seen him before,’ Taher said.

Major Sakib could not be reached for comments despite several attempts.The battalion’s legal and media wing director ATM Habibur Rahman said that they had detained Shahnur on specific charges and handed him over to police in good health.

He brushed aside Shahnur being tortured in the battalion custody and said that Shahnul had fallen ill while being in jail and then died in hospital. ‘The battalion will not take the responsibility for this.’The battalion came to be criticised on allegations that some of its officials, including former RAB 11 commanding officer Tareque Sayeed Mohammad, were involved in the murder of seven people after their abduction in Narayanganj.

Another case later was filed on May 18 against five battalion personnel, including Tareque Sayeed, in connection with the abduction of two BNP leaders in Comilla.

Saiful Islam Hiru, a former lawmaker and president of the Laksam unit BNP, and Humayun Kabir Pervez, president of the Laksam municipal unit BNP, have been missing since November 27, 2013. It was alleged that the battalion had kidnapped them.
About 2,000 battalion personnel, most of them deputed from the military, were punished in 10 years.

- See more at: Murder case filed against 9 RAB men

RAB have unearthed a huge arms cache in the Satchharhi jungles of Habiganj's Chunarughat Upazila from what was once perhaps the headquarters of the now-weakened All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF).

200 rocket launchers with as many chargers, some anti-tank shells, more than 200 mortar shells and many other weapons were recovered by RAB-9 personnel who started operations in the Satchharhi jungles on Sunday, RAB officials said.

Satchharhi is barely 3 kms from the border with India's Tripura state.

RAB's ADG (operations) Col Ziaul Ahsan and Legal-Media director Wing Commander Habibur Rahman both briefed the media on the operations and confirmed the seizures.

Ahsan said the 200-odd rocket launchers were found in one huge bunker alone. More weapons were found from other bunkers located on the hilltop overlooking the forest .

Rahman said more than 100 RAB personnel were involved in the operations and while two bunkers were located on one hilltop, five were located on a second hill.

said the operations started on Sunday night with the personnel from RAB-9 commanded by Mufti Mahmood encircling the whole Satchharhi jungles.
But Rahman declined to comment when asked who had stocked this quantity of weapons at such a remote hill region.

He said almost one-third of the weapons stocked in the bunkers have been recovered but more could be found .

Hi-tech detectors used by RAB were indicating to more weapons in the hilltops.
"The operation will continue for at least two more days", Rahman said.

The United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) has in the past used the ATTF's Satchharhi base to stock up weapons that were finally smuggled into Northeast India for use by their fighters.

The ATTF is now weakened and its chief Ranjit Debbarma is now standing trial in his home state Tripura on countless charges of murder and abduction.

habigani-satchori-1.jpg

habigani-satchori-2.jpg

Debbarma , who is said to be handed over to India by Bangladesh after being arrested in Jan 2013, is very close to ULFA military wing chief Paresh Barua.

Barua , who has been awarded a death sentence in the 2004 Chittagong arms cases, is believed to be hiding somewhere around Tengchong in the Sino-Burmese border.

The ULFA and ATTF would smuggle huge quantity of Chinese-made weapons through south-east Asia by sea, land them around Cox's Bazar or Chittagong and take them to rebel bases like Satchharhi, from where they would be smuggled into India's troubled northeast.

The recovery at Satchharhi on Tuesday is perhaps the single biggest case of arms seizures since the 2004 Chittagong arms case.

The ATTF used to keep those they used to abduct for ransom in Satchharhi.

Tripura's leading tea planter Yugabrata Chakrabarti died of renal failure in Satchharhi 's ATTF base when he ran out of medicines following his abduction.

Ranjit+Debbarma.jpg

Ranjit Debbarma (File Photo)

attf.jpg

ATTF militants (File Photo)

The ATTF asked for 1 million Indian rupees even for returning his dead body to his family.

Indian military intelligence organised some renegade ATTF fighters in 2002 and staged a huge attack on the ATTF Satchharhi base .

Several ATTF fighters were killed in that attack.

Following Sheikh Hasina's Awami League coming to power and the crackdown on the Northeastern rebel groups that followed, the ATTF demobilised its Satchharhi base but there are reports they used it for moving weapons .

source: Huge arms haul in Habiganj -
bdnews24.com

great job RAB.thanks for cooperating.. :enjoy:

Bal news by Bal media and bal Awami government.

@iajdani from this area. He should know if it has any truth.

In my opinion, it's another cheap low life game played by Bharti bhandi(slave) la-hasina and haramkoor BDR to seek Modi's attention to stay in power with his help. Bhandi hasina begging mercy to get his support but Modi or no Modi, bhandi hasina will be thrown into dustbin soon or later by Bangladeshi people. This I know.

We will not make our country a heaven for terrorists. Bravo RAB.

You mean tor mar bari cow mata Bharat golomor fua.

Well done RAB ! This proves you guys are a professional force fighting against terrorism :-):toast_sign:

Bal news by Bal media and bal Awami government.

@iajdani from this area. He should know if it has any truth.

In my opinion, it's another cheap low life game played by Bharti bhandi(slave) la-hasina and haramkoor BDR to seek Modi's attention to stay in power with his help. Bhandi hasina begging mercy to get his support but Modi or no Modi, bhandi hasina will be thrown into dustbin soon or later by Bangladeshi people. This I know.

You mean tor mar bari cow mata Bharat golomor fua.
43755097.jpg

Expect more such insurgent bunkers and stockpiles to be eliminated in the coming days. Long Live Bharat-Bangla Bhalobashi!:yahoo:

‘They also beat me and kicked me with gumboots, poured hot water on my head and in my mouth and pushed two boiled eggs through my anus,

Thats some innovative torture technique right there :rofl:

Awesome news ...

Bangladesh should handover these terrorist to BSF .... they need some target

Back
Top Bottom