What's new

Breaking News: BAN ON GEO TV PAKISTAN

shree835

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Geo’s licenses suspended till May 28: PEMRA

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) on Tuesday announced that it has suspended Geo News, Geo Entertainment and Geo Tez’s licenses till May 28, Express News reported.

They also stated that they will seal the TV channel’s offices.

“I would like to congratulate all of Pemra’s private members for making this decision, keeping in mind Pemra’s rules and regulations as well as Pakistan’s constitution,” said Pemra private member, Mian Shams.

Speaking to the media after holding meetings the whole day, Shams said that Pemra is an independent entity and will make decisions as such.

“Pemra is an independent organisation, and it would have been better if a government representative attended today’s meeting as well and help us come up with a decision,” he said.

Shams lamented that apart from him, only four other private members of the media authority attended today’s meeting which included Israr Abbasi from Azad Kashmir, Shama Parveen from Balochistan, Zeba Hussain from Sindh and Fariha Iftikhar from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (K-P). He added that it was the government’s job to implement the recommendation.

The private member said the recommendation has been sent to the Council of Complaints (CoC) and their recommendations are expected to be returned in a week’s time.

Moreover, he said that once the recommendations come back, a special committee will be formed to make a final decision regarding Geo TV’s licenses.

Geo’s licenses suspended till May 28: PEMRA – The Express Tribune

ALHAMDOLILLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VICTORY TO ALL PAKISTAN.

May they remain "out of the picture".....PERMANENTLY!!! :bunny::yahoo:

Rule of law still exists in Pakistan. Congrats Pakistanio, we just shut down enemy's media front shop.

oh that we did...

that we did!

this should send a chilling message down the brittle spines of every traitorous bastard (like hamid mir and his cohorts, operatives)

They will be back, mark my words. As long as Noora is allied with Jang group no one can touch them.

i'll be blunt here.....if the spooks (as well as the nation) keep up the pressure, they aint untouchable at all

They will be back, mark my words. As long as Noora is allied with Jang group no one can touch them.

i think they just divert the attention and noora league has played his Muk muka politics... but Ary is there to expose themmm

Geo’s licenses suspended till May 28: PEMRA

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) on Tuesday announced that it has suspended Geo News, Geo Entertainment and Geo Tez’s licenses till May 28, Express News reported.

They also stated that they will seal the TV channel’s offices.

“I would like to congratulate all of Pemra’s private members for making this decision, keeping in mind Pemra’s rules and regulations as well as Pakistan’s constitution,” said Pemra private member, Mian Shams.

Speaking to the media after holding meetings the whole day, Shams said that Pemra is an independent entity and will make decisions as such.

“Pemra is an independent organisation, and it would have been better if a government representative attended today’s meeting as well and help us come up with a decision,” he said.

Shams lamented that apart from him, only four other private members of the media authority attended today’s meeting which included Israr Abbasi from Azad Kashmir, Shama Parveen from Balochistan, Zeba Hussain from Sindh and Fariha Iftikhar from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (K-P). He added that it was the government’s job to implement the recommendation.

The private member said the recommendation has been sent to the Council of Complaints (CoC) and their recommendations are expected to be returned in a week’s time.

Moreover, he said that once the recommendations come back, a special committee will be formed to make a final decision regarding Geo TV’s licenses.

Geo’s licenses suspended till May 28: PEMRA – The Express Tribune

Sitaron Se Agay Jahan Aur Bhi Hain
Abhi Ishq Ke Imtihan Aur Bhi Hain

What exact is Geo news, etc? And for what reason is it suspended? I looked over the article, but can't seem to find the information.

One way or the other Geo's Goose is Cooked.

People have stopped viewing it.

Service providers have stopped carrying it.

Which means the Advertisers are not going to touch them with a ten Foot Pole.

Where does that leave Geo ?

In the Sewer where they belong.

Rule of law still exists in Pakistan. Congrats Pakistanio, we just shut down enemy's media front shop.

This is only the recommendation of three members belonging to the local Karachi Complaint Cell, and has no legal standing.

It is not a PEMRA decision. Your congratulations are a bit premature in this case. Due process is still not yet complete.

I really don't know what good can come out of shutting down Media...

It stokes certain egos to let everyone know that they themselves remain above the law and are the sole arbiters of can and cannot be said. Of course, the nation as a whole loses much, but these people do not care about petty things like country, they only put themselves above all else.

then don't bother and mind your own business

I really don't know what good can come out of shutting down Media...

This is only partial success, it now needs t be tried for "GHADDARI", financially penalized, and responsible persons put behind bars

Back
Top Bottom