What's new

Breaking: Iraqi President appoints new prime minister, and It's not Maliki

Liberal, Democratic, Communists. Good luck finding those people, like seriously good luck. I think besides you there are like 3 in the world. Good hunting.

They were surprisingly popular (for relatively new party in the current Iraqi political scene), and achieved 4 seats in recent elections.

They were surprisingly popular (for relatively new party in the current Iraqi political scene), and achieved 4 seats in recent elections.

I wouldn't give that the term "Popular" honestly.

Wija3 o 3ama be3aynek.

They were very popular in Baghdad and Amara.

Now now, no need to start insulting, we were having a very productive conversation, is it my flag?? Is my flag the reason you got your panties up in a twist??

Now now, no need to start insulting, we were having a very productive conversation, is it my flag?? Is my flag the reason you got your panties up in a twist??
Yeh, don't really like sau3oodis.
Specially since I've been seeing a lot of them beheading Iraqis inside Iraq.

And many others like yourself, always feel obliged to interfere in Iraqi matters, like you know it all.

Yeh, don't really like sau3oodis.
Specially since I've been seeing a lot of them beheading Iraqis inside Iraq.

And many others like yourself, always feel obliged to interfere in Iraqi matters, like you know it all.

You mean the people who "Migrated" from Saudi Arabia and into Iraq? The very people who burned their passports and resent to be called Saudis and absconded their nationality? I don't understand how they could be Saudis, when they themselves won't even stand to be called that.

You are directing your hate against an entire nation for the faults of a few who are not even a part of it. Rethink your emotional destitute regarding this subject.

Proportional representation does not work in the middle east. That's why Saudis don't have shia in the government, Bahrain, Turkey,... all those countries don't go by proportional representations.
Otherwise they'd end up with politicians clashing over sect and ethnicity problems, and not problems the concern the greater nation.

Kurds are being represented in the parliament....but it's not possible to represent every possible faction out there.

Turkey would then have 11% representation for kurds in their government, amongst many other representations, allawis and other...which they don't.
Not all the Kurds are voting for the Kurdish party....

About Alevis...don't forget our country is secular and we have no secterian mindset...as there is no Sunni party, or a Christian party, there is no alevi party either..

Last edited by a moderator:
ba bakr zebari, abud ganbar, ali ghaidan, fadil berwari... just few of the names. Actually most of the the names are from ex baath commanders in the army... so nonsense my a**.

Proportional representation apmplified sectarianism.

Now please shut the Fu** up about sidelining sunni politicians. That's not the case.
I didn't say name a few, name every single Iraqi general, and then put them into a Shia or Sunni catagory. Naming a few is misleading.

Not having proportional representation is what amplified sectarianism, why do you think Sunnis are pissed off?

You want me to shut the **** up? Try using your brain first, then I'll shut up.

Idiots like you are Iraq's problem. You spout one thing, but clearly show your ill intent. Your reaction to Sunnis proves that you clearly want there to be sectarian tensions.

However, Maliki is the legitimate winner of the elections, getting majority votes.. I hope this move doesn't anger his supporters who could go out on the streets.

In case you don't know, Maliki got the highest votes in the election, and is the legitimate winner... Much of the force to change Maliki comes from US as well as big political factions inside Iraq's political system.

Also, Maliki did not destroy any sunni base in politics... sunnis had a VERY weak base to start with, and many of those big sunni politicians were criminals and escaped from Iraq anyway, further destroying thier own image (Iraq VP is one example).
Don't forget maleki won against alavi by the force of a qualition and he get less vote than him if I'm not wrong . then if the majority of the parliament agree on another person I don't see what's the problem .

I didn't say name a few, name every single Iraqi general, and then put them into a Shia or Sunni catagory. Naming a few is misleading.
Those are the higher commanders

More info

General of the armed forces
Babakir zebari ( kurd)

General of the army
Ali ghaidan majid ( sunni)
Abbud qanbar ( unknown )

ISOF commander
Fadl Barwari ( kurd)

Air force commander
Anwar hamad ( kurd)

Dijla operational command
Al zaidi ( Sunni )

Most operational commands are run by a local commander so many more are sunni

Enough sunnis in the army.
Kurds we cant trust theyre foreigners

Last edited:
Those are the higher commanders

More info

General of the armed forces
Babakir zebari ( kurd)

General of the army
Ali ghaidan majid ( sunni)
Abbud qanbar ( unknown )

ISOF commander
Fadl Barwari ( kurd)

Air force commander
Anwar hamad ( kurd)

Dijla operational command
Al zaidi ( Sunni )

Most operational commands are run by a local commander so many more are sunni

Enough sunnis in the army.
Kurds we cant trust theyre foreigners
Thank you, this is what I was looking for. I stand corrected on the issue of the military, but I stick by my statement that Sunnis were being sidelined by Maliki when it comes to politics.

Also, Kurds are Iraqi. As soon as you declare them foreign, you declare that Iraqi Kurdistan should become independent and split from Iraq.

Thank you, this is what I was looking for. I stand corrected on the issue of the military, but I stick by my statement that Sunnis were being sidelined by Maliki when it comes to politics.

Also, Kurds are Iraqi. As soon as you declare them foreign, you declare that Iraqi Kurdistan should become independent and split from Iraq.

Politics ?
The deputy PM to Maliki is Salah al mutlak a sunni

Second PM deputy Rowsh Nuri also a sunni

Minister of defence is Adnan Al Duliami a sunni.

Both present and past speakers of Parliament, Nujaifi and Jabouri are Sunni, alongside the deputy speaker also a sunni.

Finance minister Rafi'a al isawi a sunni

Science and tech minister Abd al-Karim al-Samarrai a sunni

Trade Minister Khairallah Babkr a sunni

Iraq's foriegn minister, a sunni

Iraq's president sunni both past and present, Talabani and Masoum

and many more sunni polticians in the Iraqi government.

You numbskull, tell me how Maliki sidelined sunnis in politics?!

kelb ebn el kelb, hel mara pakistani 3laina.

Politics ?
The deputy PM to Maliki is Salah al mutlak a sunni

Second PM deputy Rowsh Nuri also a sunni

Minister of defence is Adnan Al Duliami a sunni.

Both present and past speakers of Parliament, Nujaifi and Jabouri are Sunni, alongside the deputy speaker also a sunni.

Finance minister Rafi'a al isawi a sunni

Science and tech minister Abd al-Karim al-Samarrai a sunni

Trade Minister Khairallah Babkr a sunni

Iraq's foriegn minister, a sunni

Iraq's president sunni both past and present, Talabani and Masoum

and many more sunni polticians in the Iraqi government.

You numbskull, tell me how Maliki sidelined sunnis in politics?!

kelb ebn el kelb, hel mara pakistani 3laina.
I've said this before, you dumb shit, the real power is centered around the PM, not the deputy PM, not the Pres, or the Parliamentary speaker.

Most Sunni political leaders have been sidelined by Maliki, as he has tried to bring up trumpted up charges against many of them, including the former vice pres.

Most of the ministries, including the defence ministry, report directly to Maliki. All of the Iraqi field commanders report directly to Maliki. Up until recently, he continued to consolidate and monopolize power under his umbrella.

Why do you think the Sunnis are pissed off at Maliki, but not other Shia? Why do you think the Sunni leaders have protested for a long time? Hell, even Omar al-Sadr, and Iraq's top shia clergy has pretty much shunned Maliki.

and you want to talk to me about Sunnis not being sidelined, and Shia supporting Maliki?

When you start using your brain, maybe then I'll take you seriously.

Back
Top Bottom