What's new

Breaking: Iraqi President appoints new prime minister, and It's not Maliki

the coming days will tell us a lot about if the maliki will accept what's on the ground or he will reject it.

I think any person should be allowed to serve office twice not three or more time. If Maliki fail to perform twice then whats guarantee he will perform better third time......

I really dislike foreign sunnis poking their noses in our business (I dislike any interference , but mostly hardline sunnis).. specially those that acuse Maliki of side lining sunnis, when almost all big army generals are sunni, parliament speaker is sunni, important ministerial positions are sunnis and so is our president.

We have enough foreigners in iraq killing our people, I can't stand the ''know it all-iraqi geopolitical experts'' on forums like yourself telling us who is who, and what is what in our country.

I've said this many times before. The source of the problem is the power sharing, proportional representation crap. That's what really f---- us up. (Besides Iran and Saudi proxy wars, and dumb US agendas in neighbouring countries)
Yeah, what utter nonsense, and an easy way to deflect criticism.

All big army generals are Sunni? Prove it, name them all.

Parliamentary speaker is Sunni, yes, but he has no real power; The same is with the presidential position, which is ceremonial at best. The Prime Minister position is the most powerful political seat in Iraq, and don't pretend otherwise.

If you don't like a forum analysts analyzing a situation, then go to another forum.

The real problem is sectarianism, not power sharing and proportional representation. Like it or not, there is a such thing as a tyranny of the majority.

You want to crush IS? Stop sidelining Sunnis politically, and stop accusing the Kurds of sheltering IS militants. You cannot stop this insurgency without the support of Sunnis.

Parliamentary speaker is Sunni, yes, but he has no real power; The same is with the presidential position, which is ceremonial at best. The Prime Minister position is the most powerful political seat in Iraq, and don't pretend otherwise.

If you don't like a forum analysts analyzing a situation, then go to another forum.

The real problem is sectarianism, not power sharing and proportional representation. Like it or not, there is a such thing as a tyranny of the majority.

You want to crush IS? Stop sidelining Sunnis politically, and stop accusing the Kurds of sheltering IS militants. You cannot stop this insurgency without the support of Sunnis.

People always try and throw the sectarian card against Sunnis and Saudis in particular, here you go, you are dealing with Shia Iraqis here, you tell me who is the sectarian one. (PS: I am neither Sunni or Shia)

ba bakr zebari, abud ganbar, ali ghaidan, fadil berwari... just few of the names. Actually most of the the names are from ex baath commanders in the army... so nonsense my a**.

Proportional representation apmplified sectarianism.

Now please shut the Fu** up about sidelining sunni politicians. That's not the case.

ba bakr zebari, abud ganbar, ali ghaidan, fadil berwari... just few of the names. Actually most of the the names are from ex baath commanders in the army... so nonsense my a**.

Proportional representation apmplified sectarianism.

Now please shut the Fu** up about sidelining sunni politicians. That's not the case.

So you are saying that that because Sunnis were represented in the government is the reason why Sectarianism happened? And an all Shia government will result in a less sectarian one? So you are basically saying that the government needs to be more sectarian in order to be less sectarian? Do all Iraqis think this way?

Hmm, very interesting to see that everybody has beef with Maliki......

As Turkey we don't like the guy a bit and would be a pleasure to see him gone. A more cooperative PM instead of stubborn Maliki would be good.

So you are saying that that because Sunnis were represented in the government is the reason why Sectarianism happened? And an all Shia government will result in a less sectarian one? So you are basically saying that the government needs to be more sectarian in order to be less sectarian? Do all Iraqis think this way?

You are just another hardline sunni idiot, thinking you are arguing for sunni rights in Iraq.

Here's what I'm saying, proportional representation, meant that certain faction were presented with limited presence in the political system as per Iraqs population demographics.

Many of the anti Iraq kurds were also represented, to sabotage Iraq, and to impede progress.

We needed a majority government so that laws are passed in parliament instead of being stalled by the likes of nujaifi.

What I'm saying is, we need to get rid of proportional representation system, get rid of all traitors that have links to the land of devils saudi, and to also get rid of those with ties to Iran, and those with turban on thier heads.

Appoint secular people, that are liberal educated and cultured preferably in the west. Traitors need to be treated with execution... a government built on being Iraqi, and not one representing individual sect and ethnicities.

Bold is the jewel of the post.

You are just another hardline sunni idiot, thinking you are arguing for sunni rights in Iraq.

Here's what I'm saying, proportional representation, meant that certain faction were presented with limited presence in the political system as per Iraqs population demographics.

Many of the anti Iraq kurds were also represented, to sabotage Iraq, and to impede progress.

We needed a majority government so that laws are passed in parliament instead of being stalled by the likes of nujaifi.

What I'm saying is, we need to get rid of proportional representation system, get rid of all traitors that have links to the land of devils saudi, and to also get rid of those with ties to Iran, and those with turban on thier heads.

Appoint secular people, that are liberal educated and cultured preferably in the west. Traitors need to be treated with execution... a government built on being Iraqi, and not one representing individual sect and ethnicities.

Your entire argument contradicts itself, calling for a secular government while calling me a "Hardline Sunni Idiot", which clearly shows a hint of sectarianism in you by the way. And the correct way to lead a democratic government is by having representation, what you are calling for is a purge, complete majority rule in a country that is in fact mostly made up of different people who want a voice in their government.

Also "Saudi" being "the land of devils" shows an acute sense of sectarianism as well. Oh and by the way I am not "Sunni".

Your entire argument contradicts itself, calling for a secular government while calling me a "Hardline Sunni Idiot", which clearly shows a hint of sectarianism in you by the way. And the correct way to lead a democratic government is by having representation, what you are calling for is a purge, complete majority rule in a country that is in fact mostly made up of different people who want a voice in their government.

Also "Saudi" being "the land of devils" shows an acute sense of sectarianism as well. Oh and by the way I am not "Sunni".

Proportional representation does not work in the middle east. That's why Saudis don't have shia in the government, Bahrain, Turkey,... all those countries don't go by proportional representations.

Otherwise they'd end up with politicians clashing over sect and ethnicity problems, and not problems the concern the greater nation.

Proportional representation does not work in the middle east. That's why Saudis don't have shia in the government, Bahrain, Turkey,... all those countries don't go by proportional representations.

Otherwise they'd end up with politicians clashing over sect and ethnicity problems, and not problems the concern the greater nation.

Saudi Arabia and Bahrain are not democracies, and day by day I am believing more and more it is a good thing, but Turkey DOES in fact have proportional representation, otherwise it wouldn't be a democracy, it would be a totalitarian rule, Iraq IS in fact a democracy, or was, not clear yet. So in effect you are seeking a dictator for Iraq, am I getting this right?

good to see a sectarian leader go.. hope next one will do compromise with all sects.

good to see a sectarian leader go.. hope next one will do compromise with all sects.

He's not going down without a fight though. I guess the job for ISIS has gotten a helluva lot easier.

Saudi Arabia and Bahrain are not democracies, and day by day I am believing more and more it is a good thing, but Turkey DOES in fact have proportional representation, otherwise it wouldn't be a democracy, it would be a totalitarian rule, Iraq IS in fact a democracy, or was, not clear yet. So in effect you are seeking a dictator for Iraq, am I getting this right?

Turkey would then have 11% representation for kurds in their government, amongst many other representations, allawis and other...which they don't.

Democracy is overrated crap.

Being against proportional representation does not mean dictatorship... though I wouldn't say I don't want that either.

What I'm seeking for Iraq is liberal democrats.. who I voted for. Educated people, communists, who want to abolish proportional representation and turban heads in politics.

Turkey would then have 11% representation for kurds in their government, amongst many other representations, allawis and other...which they don't.

Democracy is overrated crap.

Being against proportional representation does not mean dictatorship... though I wouldn't say I don't want that either.

What I'm seeking for Iraq is liberal democrats.. who I voted for. Educated people, communists, who want to abolish proportional representation and turban heads in politics.

Liberal, Democratic, Communists. Good luck finding those people, like seriously good luck. I think besides you there are like 3 in the world. Good hunting.

Back
Top Bottom