What's new

Breaking: Iraqi President appoints new prime minister, and It's not Maliki

Wait a second only some shia against him the man is going to make a dispute against this traitor president.

Now once maliky stays america lost Iraq for sure because Almaliky now blaming her.

it may get uglier since maliky isn't willing to step down it might become between the shia them self the coming days will tell us a lot.
Traitor president? He was elected by to his position, and is doing this to save Iraq from collapsing. If anyone is the traitor, it's Maliki. The man has no respect for minorities, and has continued to target anyone who's not Shia. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that IS and Maliki have more in common than people would like to admit.

Traitor president? He was elected by to his position, and is doing this to save Iraq from collapsing. If anyone is the traitor, it's Maliki. The man has no respect for minorities, and has continued to target anyone who's not Shia. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that IS and Maliki have more in common than people would like to admit.
So how come you know maliki has no respect for the minorities.

all they have and he still has no respect actually your minorities has no respect to the majority by wanting the full share rulling that's unbelievable imagine the shia in saudi doing 1% of destruction or they want full sha1re rule.

we gave them a lot.

So how come you know maliki has no respect for the minorities.

all they have and he still has no respect actually your minorities has no respect to the majority by wanting the full share rulling that's unbelievable imagine the shia in saudi doing 1% of destruction or they want full sha1re rule.

we gave them a lot.
Your comment is filled with ignorance, and I'm not just talking about the poor grammar.

We're not talking about KSA here, we're talking about Iraq. The fact that the Shia parties decided to elect someone other than Maliki proves that Maliki has little support now.

The fact that Maliki tried to destroy any political base for Sunnis, not to mention how he pretty much kicked out every Sunni military commander from Iraq's military also proves how he has no respect for the minority Sunni population.

Your comment is filled with ignorance, and I'm not just talking about the poor grammar.

We're not talking about KSA here, we're talking about Iraq. The fact that the Shia parties decided to elect someone other than Maliki proves that Maliki has little support now.

The fact that Maliki tried to destroy any political base for Sunnis, not to mention how he pretty much kicked out every Sunni military commander from Iraq's military also proves how he has no respect for the minority Sunni population.
So my comment full of ignorance while I'm Iraqi and yours full of fact while your pakis live in canada why don't you mind your business and leave Iraq to the Iraqis that's a better and fair offer.

Irbil, Iraq (CNN) -- Iraq's president appointed a new prime minister on Monday, further complicating the country's intense power struggle amid a dire humanitarian crisis and a militant threat strong enough to draw U.S. air power back to the fray.

President Fuad Masum appointed Haider al-Abadi as the country's prime minister, replacing a defiant Nuri al-Maliki with a member of his own party.

It wasn't clear whether al-Maliki would peacefully relinquish power or what impact the situation would have on the country, which is already torn by a threat from Islamist militants so brutal that they crucify people and brag about it online.

Iraqi President appoints new prime minister - CNN.com

Maliki had to go, hope he accepts this in favor of Iraqis. Also, I hope the new PM can get all Iraq united against IS terrorists by establishing an inclusive and strong government.

@1000 @Dizer @Malik Alashter @Alshawi1234

What's your take on the new PM?

The closest man to Maliki, Hussain Shahristani (deputy PM and man in charge of Iraq's energy) turned against Maliki and stood by the new PM as he was got called in by parliament.

If I don't know much about Malikis behaviour, this should tell me enough about close political figures having enough of Maliki.

I think it's time for Maliki to step down. He's been on the seat for 8 years, and has failed in securing Iraq (though much of the problem is not him, but other factions in Iraq's already dumb political system.

At this point, I think it's best for Maliki not to impede the new PM.. we don't need anymore political mess.

However, Maliki is the legitimate winner of the elections, getting majority votes.. I hope this move doesn't anger his supporters who could go out on the streets.

In case you don't know, Maliki got the highest votes in the election, and is the legitimate winner... Much of the force to change Maliki comes from US as well as big political factions inside Iraq's political system.

Also, Maliki did not destroy any sunni base in politics... sunnis had a VERY weak base to start with, and many of those big sunni politicians were criminals and escaped from Iraq anyway, further destroying thier own image (Iraq VP is one example).

The closest man to Maliki, Hussain Shahristani (deputy PM and man in charge of Iraq's energy) turned against Maliki and stood by the new PM as he was got called in by parliament.

If I don't know much about Malikis behaviour, this should tell me enough about close political figures having enough of Maliki.

I think it's time for Maliki to step down. He's been on the seat for 8 years, and has failed in securing Iraq (though much of the problem is not him, but other factions in Iraq's already dumb political system.

At this point, I think it's best for Maliki not to impede the new PM.. we don't need anymore political mess.

However, Maliki is the legitimate winner of the elections, getting majority votes.. I hope this move doesn't anger his supporters who could go out on the streets.

In case you don't know, Maliki got the highest votes in the election, and is the legitimate winner... Much of the force to change Maliki comes from US as well as big political factions inside Iraq's political system.

Also, Maliki did not destroy any sunni base in politics... sunnis had a VERY weak base to start with, and many of those big sunni politicians were criminals and escaped from Iraq anyway, further destroying thier own image.
the new pm will take another 4 years let see what he is going to do?.

I'm positive he will fail just like maliki.

because the sunni are traitors and most of them either baathi or daeshi people like that no way we can live with them in peace.

now kurdish bunch of pragmatic all they need to keep the country unstable all iraqis in this forum know that so why they don't speak.

the new pm will take another 4 years let see what he is going to do?.

I'm positive he will fail just like maliki.

because the sunni are traitors and most of them either baathi or daeshi people like that no way we can live with them in peace.

now kurdish bunch of pragmatic all they need to keep the country unstable all iraqis in this forum know that so why they don't speak.

In my opinion it's not the prime ministers' that are flawd. It's the political system.

As long as we get kurds and terrorists in our political system, who are anti Iraq, the PM will always fail.

Looks like the US did a deal with the Kurds.
You help us get rid of Al Maliki and we will arm you and help you fight IS.

It's a win-win for the Kurds and the US and a big loos for Maliki.
The point now is which way is Iran inclined. Were they part of this deal and agreed to this? Or do they want to keep supporting Maliki and help him arrange a counter coup.

Things just got that bit more interesting for Iraq.

So my comment full of ignorance while I'm Iraqi and yours full of fact while your pakis live in canada why don't you mind your business and leave Iraq to the Iraqis that's a better and fair offer.
My nationality has nothing to do with facts. You may be an Iraqi, but you apparently know little about your own nation's political situation.

Also, Maliki did not destroy any sunni base in politics... sunnis had a VERY weak base to start with, and many of those big sunni politicians were criminals and escaped from Iraq anyway, further destroying thier own image (Iraq VP is one example).

I know very well that Maliki won the election, but how much do you want to bet that his popularity has plummeted since the start of this turmoil? It takes but one incident to destroy your reputation.

Sunnis had a strong political base, but Maliki has shown that he cares little about Sunnis. From his fool harded plan to try the former vice president for clearly false murder charges, and his attempt to purge Sunni officers from the Iraqi army, he's shown that he only cares about Shia nationalism. The big name Sunnis that left, because of fear of being put to death; They didn't leave because of some sort of guilt.

The final nail on his coffin is how big name Shia are turning against him, including his former allies.

Last edited:
My nationality has nothing to do with facts. You may be an Iraqi, but you apparently know little about your own nation's political situation.

I know very well that Maliki won the election, but how much do you want to bet that his popularity has plummeted since the start of this turmoil? It takes but one incident to destroy your reputation.

Sunnis had a strong political base, but Maliki has shown that he cares little about Sunnis. From his fool harded plan to try the former vice president for clearly false murder charges, and his attempt to purge Sunni officers from the Iraqi army, he's shown that he only cares about Shia nationalism. The big name Sunnis that left, because of fear of being put to death; They didn't leave because of some sort of guilt.

The final nail on his coffin is how big name Shia are turning against him, including his former allies.

I really dislike foreign sunnis poking their noses in our business (I dislike any interference , but mostly hardline sunnis).. specially those that acuse Maliki of side lining sunnis, when almost all big army generals are sunni, parliament speaker is sunni, important ministerial positions are sunnis and so is our president.

We have enough foreigners in iraq killing our people, I can't stand the ''know it all-iraqi geopolitical experts'' on forums like yourself telling us who is who, and what is what in our country.

I've said this many times before. The source of the problem is the power sharing, proportional representation crap. That's what really f---- us up. (Besides Iran and Saudi proxy wars, and dumb US agendas in neighbouring countries)

Last edited:
Looks like the US did a deal with the Kurds.
You help us get rid of Al Maliki and we will arm you and help you fight IS.

It's a win-win for the Kurds and the US and a big loos for Maliki.
The point now is which way is Iran inclined. Were they part of this deal and agreed to this? Or do they want to keep supporting Maliki and help him arrange a counter coup.

Things just got that bit more interesting for Iraq.
ehhh kurds ???

Kurds hardly played a role in overthrowing Maliki !

It was Hussain al shahristani, and Al Jafari who set this up ! The national alliance selected Haider el abadi behind closed doors. Malikis closest members from his own party turned on him. Not the kurds. They just keep whining, nothing more than that. The president was also dealing with national alliance to select Haider al abadi, but at the end of the day the national alliance did this.

I really dislike foreign sunnis poking their noses in our business (I dislike any interference , but mostly hardline sunnis).. specially those that acuse Maliki of side lining sunnis, when almost all big army generals are sunni, parliament speaker is sunni, important ministerial positions are sunnis and so is our president.

We have enough foreigners in iraq killing our people, I can't stand the ''know it all-iraqi geopolitical experts'' on forums like yourself telling us who is who, and what is what in our country.

I've said this many times before. The source of the problem is the power sharing, proportional representation crap. That's what really f---- us up. (Besides Iran and Saudi proxy wars, and dumb US agendas in neighbouring countries)
Excellent dizer you left me speechless.

the latest news says that maliki isn't accepting the new pm and consider it as a big mistake the president had committed against the constitution.

what I think now is maliki will play as a constitution guardian and declare all those who stand with with haider alabbadi as traitors then tighten his fist on the army and the country at all this might look imaginary but it may happen.

maliki still in office and he still in power.

NY Times has been saying that the US Govt. has been trying to convince Maliki to pave the way for a more 'inclusive' govt. Iran is onboard with that plan: So long as ISIS is contained.

Wonder if Maliki now thinks he should have facilitated that shoe to GWB instead of trying stop the shoe! :)

Back
Top Bottom