What's new

BREAKING: David Cameron loses Syria vote in Commons

Feyen

Reaction score
British MPs have voted against possible military action against Syria to deter the use of chemical weapons.

David Cameron said it was clear the British Parliament does not want action and "I will act accordingly".

The government motion was defeated 285 to 272, a majority of 13 votes.

BBC News - David Cameron loses Syria vote in Commons

Well that was to be expected. UK economy is in ruins and he want to feed another war to its people.

Hollande is also being more cautious. His statement was something along the lines '' The opposition has to be an alternative to the regime and we want a political solution''. Their feet are getting cold it seems.

This is one good strategy to back off from another possible US led war in Syria. Now UK can save it's face by apologizing in the name of democracy and rather focus on improving economy.

Where I strongly support the downfall of Assad's regime I am happy UK is not going to be part of such conflict on ground.

Damn brits, grow some balls and join us for the ride... we just need international support here... you can leave your toys at home we will do all the dirty work.

Well that was to be expected. UK economy is in ruins and he want to feed another war to its people.
It really isn't in ruins. But another conflict would be the last thing we need.
To be fair to him, he lost and took it well.
There is to be another debate after the UN report, with military action now ruled out I wonder what it will involve.
I wonder what the Americans will do now...

Bad defeat for him. He's lucky there isn't another election till 2015, or he'd lose.

Iraq ruined any taste for conflict.

In some ways, the Arab response of causing utter mayhem and carnage in Iraq has backfired. The west is not willing to intervene even if you Arabs are being gassed.

It's time for the Arabs and Turks to take this on.

Damn brits, grow some balls and join us for the ride... we just need international support here... you can leave your toys at home we will do all the dirty work.

Dont worry bro, they probably got some SAS guys hanging out with our SOD/ JSOC folks in Syria.

US economy is doing far better then the EU, war is expensive.

Back
Top Bottom