Brain Drain: India suffers much worse than China

大汉奸柳传志

Reaction score
Country
China
Migrant brainpower

20150627_irc704.png

http://www.economist.com/news/international/21656175-migrant-brainpower

Looks like only 17% of patents filed by all Chinese are from oversea Chinese,much better figure than India‘s 48%,even better than Russia and UK.

LOL IN YOUR FACE @Bussard Ramjet ,still think China is the biggest loser of brainpower?

Quota system is shit.My friend got into a prestigious NIT with a fraction of my AIEEE score due to him being of ST(hills) status.

Quota system in any form is a death warrant for merit.

Basically we in our Indo-Pak scenario are making up for the inept /failed policies enforced upon us by our politicians.Quota system is particularly carved out to serve the interests of the backward regions.Now you tell me why a backward area have to enjoy the same status for more than half a century?

Even if you have to apply it, then scrutinize it.Set a limit , like for such a period this area has been given a quota of that much in these particular fields, as the area lacks basic facilities & faculties to support itself.And then put some responsibilities on the shoulders of the individuals who may be enjoying such a facility.

But, it won't happen.As i said it's a political shit/corruption that's presented in front of us in a fancy platter.There's no escape because, it's only termed as a "temporary measure" but, in reality it's not.It's here to stay.

PS.
They did not include any data from Pakistan.It could have been interesting.

Migrant brainpower

20150627_irc704.png

Looks like only 17% of patents filed by all Chinese are from oversea Chinese,much better figure than India‘s 48%,even better than Russia and UK.

LOL IN YOUR FACE @Bussard Ramjet ,still think China is the biggest loser of brainpower?

Find me one, ONE comment where I say that China is the BIGGEST loser.

I said China is ONE OF THE BIGGEST losers.

And yes, China, in absolute numbers is still BIGGER than India, though India loses more as a fraction of population simply because more of China's population has access to education and do pursure higher education.

What of the above doesn't get to your head in the above statements?

Also, I NEVER compare CHINA AND INDIA. I only write in this thread about CHINA. NOT ABOUT ANY OTHER COUNTRY.

I HAVE NEVER SHIED AWAY FROM ACCEPTING ANY FAULTS THAT MY COUNTRY HAS. BUT YOU MUST GET TO YOUR HEAD THAT EVERYTIME AN INDIAN WRITES ABOUT CHINA IS NOT TO DEGRADE IT, OR SOMEHOW SHOW THAT INDIA IS BETTER.

Ask @AndrewJin , Perhaps he can testify that I have been much more forth right about any Indian condition. I am frankly sick of having to compare India and China at each and every turn. It appears I should have changed my flag to a neutral country like US or England.

@Bussard Ramjet Dear sir, please spend some time for your own country if u are really Indian, worry a little bit less for China.:p: Just check how many Indians scientists in NASA and silicon valley. And check how many top-notch American Chinese scientists and technicians have been home, like in Thousand Talents Project.
https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/海外高层次人才引进计划
ca1349540923dd54af0b3511d309b3de9c82484b.jpg

I do accept to some extent it is a lose for China, but overseas Chinese also make huge contributions to their motherland, thanks to their knowledge brought from abroad. And if u do speak Chinese(u said u would learn), just check how many technicians in CRRC(CSR&CNR) are educated overseas. I have told @Echo_419 about the structure of railway sciences research in China, If Bussy can spend a little time checking where some of the leading scientists in China's railway sector are educated, u may change your mind a little.
https://defence.pk/threads/chinese-hsr-news-and-information:original-translations.363685/page-41
Then Check this one, do you know how many scientists and technicians of this institute are educated overseas?
Beijing Genomics Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of my mother's classmate, who once worked for FDA's toxicology institute, he was recruited by Fudan University under the scheme of Thousand Talents. He is one of the most renowned scientist in genomics. As for me, studying in a top10 university in China, almost all my professors received their higher education in US.

All in all, China loses a lot, but China gains most. U lose some average, let them receive training in US btw. You also get the best returned, if you are the best, you will be targeted and called back. Due to the contribution of returned talents, China spends far less time in almost every sector. American probably needs to spend 10 million dollars to cultivate a top Chinese scientist in their research centres, ultimately, for China?:lol:

@Bussard Ramjet What's your opinion on your compatriots' comments about quota system? I have read too many those kind of identical comments about quota system, in literally any comparison-related thread.

Country rankings | Nature Publishing Index Asia-Pacific | Nature Publishing Group
Current Index date range: 2014-06-30 ~ 2015-06-29
These rankings are based on the number1 of papers that were published within the last 12 months from institutions located in the countries listed below. These rankings only include papers that were published as Articles, Letters and Brief Communications, or Reviews in Nature and/or Nature monthly research journals.
屏幕快照 2015-06-29 03.17.46.png

It seems that merely a Chinese university can do better than an entire country.
@Edison Chen @terranMarine @TaiShang @Shotgunner51@cirr @zeronet @Speeder 2 @Chinese-Dragon

屏幕快照 2015-06-29 03.24.35.png

Institution outputs | Nature Index
屏幕快照 2015-06-29 12.01.21.png

Last edited:
Migrant brainpower

20150627_irc704.png

@utp45 - in china the patent filing system is so loose that basically all one has to do is find any patent from anyother part of the world that hasn't yet been filed within China and bang - go file it. It is an absolute joke. Besides China not respecting ANY patents there are numerous cases where even the documents filed had the original author's photocopies from abroad! So let's not talk about China and IP/patents etc ok.

Quota system in any form is a death warrant for merit.

Basically we in our Indo-Pak scenario are making up for the inept /failed policies enforced upon us by our politicians.Quota system is particularly carved out to serve the interests of the backward regions.Now you tell me why a backward area have to enjoy the same status for more than half a century?

Even if you have to apply it, then scrutinize it.Set a limit , like for such a period this area has been given a quota of that much in these particular fields, as the area lacks basic facilities & faculties to support itself.And then put some responsibilities on the shoulders of the individuals who may be enjoying such a facility.

But, it won't happen.As i said it's a political shit/corruption that's presented in front of us in a fancy platter.There's no escape because, it's only termed as a "temporary measure" but, in reality it's not.It's here to stay.

PS.
They did not include any data from Pakistan.It could have been interesting.
Exactly.Quota should be given to the "have not" section of the society regardless of his birth affiliation.It does not make sense to feed a privileged child with a silver spoon just because his ancestor had been treated harshly many generations ago.

Find me one, ONE comment where I say that China is the BIGGEST loser.

I said China is ONE OF THE BIGGEST losers.

And yes, China, in absolute numbers is still BIGGER than India, though India loses more as a fraction of population simply because more of China's population has access to education and do pursure higher education.

What of the above doesn't get to your head in the above statements?

Also, I NEVER compare CHINA AND INDIA. I only write in this thread about CHINA. NOT ABOUT ANY OTHER COUNTRY.

I HAVE NEVER SHIED AWAY FROM ACCEPTING ANY FAULTS THAT MY COUNTRY HAS. BUT YOU MUST GET TO YOUR HEAD THAT EVERYTIME AN INDIAN WRITES ABOUT CHINA IS NOT TO DEGRADE IT, OR SOMEHOW SHOW THAT INDIA IS BETTER.

Ask @AndrewJin , Perhaps he can testify that I have been much more forth right about any Indian condition. I am frankly sick of having to compare India and China at each and every turn. It appears I should have changed my flag to a neutral country like US or England.

Britain and Canada also lost more of its brainpower than China did - 20% and 28%. Why do you not go around talking about the great British and Canadian brain drain lol?

@utp45 - in china the patent filing system is so loose that basically all one has to do is find any patent from anyother part of the world that hasn't yet been filed within China and bang - go file it. It is an absolute joke. Besides China not respecting ANY patents there are numerous cases where even the documents filed had the original author's photocopies from abroad! So let's not talk about China and IP/patents etc ok.

China's patenting system follows all WIPO protocols, which is why Chinese patents are accepted by WIPO. Show me a case of a patent not being respected without given due process in a court of law - you can't. There's a reason why foreign companies bother patenting in China but not in India or whatever other developing country there is.

Back
Top Bottom