Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Brain drain: 2.7m Pakistanis have exited country in last 5 years
By APP / Web Desk
Published: December 23, 2013
ISLAMABAD: A total of 2,765,789 citizens, including 31,607 from Balochistan, have proceeded abroad for employment opportunities over the last five years, state the latest figures released by the Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development.

According to the figures from January 2008 to September 2013, the selection of the workers was prerogative of the foreign employers which is based on the criteria “right person for the right job”.

In an earlier report, the Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis had stated that 5,873,539 Pakistanis have emigrated from 1981 to 2012, out of which a staggering 41,498 professional and technical workers left in 2012 alone.

The reasons may be varied, but Pakistan will lose out on human resource if the brain drain trend continues.

The trend becomes more evident as the amount of remittances overseas Pakistanis send to their families residing in Pakistan keeps growing each year.

Expatriate and overseas Pakistanis sent home a record $13.920 billion in the previous fiscal year (July 2012-June 2013), according to data released by the State Bank of Pakistan. The figures show a growth of 5.56% or $733.64 million compared with $13.187 billion a year earlier.

The top six destinations are Saudi Arabia, UAE, USA, UK, Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries (including Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar and Oman) and EU countries, with Saudi Arabia topping the list because of the $4.105 billion Pakistanis sent back home from there between July 2012-June 2013.

It is important to send the educated youth overseas so their brain can develop.

The idea is to send them overseas and then create an open and tolerant environment that attracts brain from other countries.

See the example of China.

They used to send 1000s if not millions of brains outside.

But in the last 30 years many brains from Asia and Europe have moved to China.

this transfer and sharing of brain power is the thing that makes country rich and powerful.

Hope this helps.

Its okay, we have opened a forum for them to come and do Pakistan proud.

What brain drain? People go abroad just because they dont get jobs in pakistan.

Well said. Bro. Well said.

I'd respectfully add

that every young person should spend at least 2 or may be 5 years working overseas even if the economy at home is good.

This allows young brains to become worldly wise, and better understanding.

peace

it's not that big of a number considering 1.3 million plus Pakistanis in the UAE alone and 1.6 million plus indians

and they provide you currency so not bad :tup:

It is important to send the educated youth overseas so their brain can develop.

The idea is to send them overseas and then create an open and tolerant environment that attracts brain from other countries.

See the example of China.

They used to send 1000s if not millions of brains outside.

But in the last 30 years many brains from Asia and Europe have moved to China.

this transfer and sharing of brain power is the thing that makes country rich and powerful.

Hope this helps.
My only qualms with this interpretation is the fact that these educated Pakistanis make no effort to actually return and set up academic or other higher education facilities to impart their learned knowledge to more Pakistanis. So I would say over all this is a bad thing..

What brain drain? People go abroad just because they dont get jobs in pakistan.
surprisingly .....Bangladeshi getting job in Pakistan..........can't comment on entire Pakistan.....it may be case specific ........in Ayshia steel Karachi my 4 Bangladeshi friend is working ,to whom with i have work in past in PHP steel in Bangladesh

Not only Job but pay is also the reason

My cousin after completing MBBS in housejob used to get only just 21k pkr per month,Than after housejob he got job in deewan plant(they had 2-3 doctors for the labours) and got salary of only 40k pkr per month.

This year he went to Abu dhabi,UAE after getting license from MOH.He's now earning 21k Aed per month

Which is equal to 6lacs per month compared to just 40thousand in Pakistan

this is one of the biggest factor our brain opt for foriegn countries

Not only Job but pay is also the reason

My cousin after completing MBBS in housejob used to get only just 21k pkr per month,Than after housejob he got job in deewan plant(they had 2-3 doctors for the labours) and got salary of only 40k pkr per month.

This year he went to Abu dhabi,UAE after getting license from MOH.He's now earning 21k Aed per month

Which is equal to 6lacs per month compared to just 40thousand in Pakistan

this is one of the biggest factor our brain opt for foriegn countries

agree it is simple game of money.......it is professional world

things become globule...i worked in Bangladesh......Bangladeshi working in Pakistan.....Pakistani working in middle east .......?

Heck getting a couple of Pakistani doctors would be a welcome addition. Get paid more too.

Heck getting a couple of Pakistani doctors would be a welcome addition. Get paid more too.

Its just a sad reality that 'many' of our best from King Edwards Medical University, and other top med schools have to leave Pakistan for they can't make a life here.

@VCheng and @Manticore are two examples.

Back
Top Bottom