What's new

BNP calls shutdown for Sunday, Monday

Mattrixx

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Dhaka, Apr 28 (bdnews24.com) — BNP has called two consecutive shutdowns on Sunday and Monday as they say the government failed to return 'missing' BNP leader M Ilias Ali by the 'deadline'.

The party's acting secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir announced the new agitation programme at a press briefing at the party's Naya Paltan headquarters on Saturday.

"We will enforce dawn to dusk shutdowns on Sunday and Monday to protest the forced disappearance of Ilias Ali."

On Tuesday, the BNP chief Khakeda Zia had given the government Saturday deadline to 'return' Ilias Ali or she had said they would go for tougher agitation.

BNP enforced three consecutive countrywide shutdowns on Apr 22, 23 and 24 and a day-long shutdown at four Sylhet districts on Apr 20 on the same demand.

More than 20 vehicles were vandalised and set on fire in Dhaka only during the demonstrations. A driver of a bus was burnt alive in a pre-shutdown violence. Three persons were killed in clashes at Ilias' home constituency, Bishwanath in Sylhet, between law enforcers and pro-shutdown activists.

BNP's one of the organising secretaries Ilias Ali, also the party's Sylhet chapter chief, went missing since early hours of Apr 18. Police found his abandoned car and mobile phone at a street in the capital's Mohakhali area near his Banani residence. The Rapid Action Battalion had raided a number of residences in Pubail, Gazipur and Dhaka in its bid to find the missing BNP leader, but failed.

Khaleda Zia accused that 'government agency and RAB picked up Ilias'. However, the prime minister denied the accusations and alleged that the BNP was staging a drama.

bdnews24.com

Now that the HSC examination is going on they should have followed some other modes of protest.

Now that the HSC examination is going on they should have followed some other modes of protest.

Hit the iron when it is hot

Valobashi201204241335269624_558488_282144161872452_229432043810331_644629_2111045674_n.jpg

My 1 exam is trolling for more than a week.Now again its trolling.I want some fun after this damn exam.But unable do due to these nuisance.

Hope for the best these conflicts end soon.:undecided:

A little bit consideration is always rewarding and would get more people willing to sacrifice.

Bro,according to awami mouth piece daily star online poll 65% thought this hartal is justified. I think this is the first time in BD
history that the common people regardless of political ideology supports hartal. This hartal is for the greater interest of the
nation. The countries survival is at stake under this awami indian dalals.

^^-----write to your local MP in protest:lol:

Means metropolitan police or military police right.I think definitely they will do their job in the streets.:smokin:

Why r u suggesting me to write them;I always keep my distance from them.Because i dont wanna to disappear.:lol:

BNP finally realized that it's not alone against Awami ***** league. BNP can not back down now. It must continue along with alliance until Awami dalals step down. Bangladeshis doesn't want to see la-hasina's ugly face any more.

I am almost sure he will not be found alive. Because if he is found alive, the criminals will be exposed. Do you think the criminals will let them expose??

My 1 exam is trolling for more than a week.Now again its trolling.I want some fun after this damn exam.But unable do due to these nuisance.

Hope for the best these conflicts end soon.:undecided:

@ madx, you are still kid these conflicts will never end. It is like railway line which never joins together but moves pararell to the final destiny.

@ Now, the question is where is the final destiny, "The Cassendra Crossing".

@ No modes of protest is left on my hand. My hands are now tight.

It is about time the BNP took a hardline ......... We all have to make sacrifices for the nation.

BNP is Zinda brother. At least, now I we have hope.

By the way, Awami dalal watching your move so watch your back brother.

The Daily Janakantha

Oh please! Don't make us lough. Awami is that kind of animals that only understand the language of laath and gushi.

A little bit consideration is always rewarding and would get more people willing to sacrifice.

BNP already got people support. If BNP back down now then they will lose it. No back down, no compromise. Al ***** must go.

Lol Janakantha? No one reads it except some Bhada (bharatiya dalal)?

Back
Top Bottom