Bilawal lashes out at 'stone-age' Taliban

M. Sarmad

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Bilawal lashes out at 'stone-age' Taliban
AFP
52ff6a1001905.jpeg

Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, the patron-in-chief of the Pakistan Peoples Party and the son of assassinated Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto.—File Photo
Published 2014-02-15 18:21:13

KARACHI: Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, the patron-in-chief of the Pakistan Peoples Party, on Saturday slammed the Taliban for trying to drag the country back to the “stone-age.”

Addressing a gathering during the closing ceremony of a two-week cultural festival in his home province of Sindh, Bhutto also urged the country to rise up against the threats.

“The Taliban want to impose the law of terror in the country, but I want to tell them, if you have to live in Pakistan you will have to follow its constitution,” he said.

“We don't accept the law of terrorists,” he added. “Some people are trying to bring back the stone-age era in the country in the name of Islam.”

“The terrorists should think of the time when the whole nation will stand against them,” he said in Makli, around 100 kilometres north of Karachi.

“We are Muslims and the terrorist groups should not try to teach us Islam.”

Nearly 7,000 people have been killed in the insurgency by the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) since it began in 2007, according to an AFP tally.

The start of 2014 has seen a surge in militant violence with more than 130 people killed.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's government has been under fire from political opponents for failing to mount a strong response to the upsurge in attacks.

The government has for months said it favoured talks with the Taliban but 25-year-old Bilawal has spoken in favour of military action against them.

The Taliban's demands include the nationwide imposition of sharia law and an end to US drone strikes.

Former premier Benazir Bhutto was assassinated in December 2007 by the Pakistani Taliban after leaving a campaign rally of her Pakistan People's Party.

Her husband and Bilawal's father Asif Ali Zardari was president from 2008-2013.

Last edited:
One of the few rare species left in Pakistan who still have the courage to say no to the madness going all around here.

Don't know much about his policies but people should be proud of this guy. So what if he is young, a bit rash and not all his ideas are fully formed yet - he makes a change from the ancient, corrupt dragons who run the establishment or the ancient, corrupt snakes who feed the extremists.

He seems like he could really be what everyone hoped IK would be - fresh blood with a clear, uncorrupted mind.

Just my opinion, but Pakistan would be a much better place if everyone was a bit more chilled out and focussed on the real issues like he is.

people should not forget k ye sab statements bomb proof bunker mei beth kr deta hai the day he and his father comes out and face the terrorist like ordinary people i will be his supporter too. ye statements dete hain aur martey qarib aur masoom log hain terrorists ke hathon..

The idiot should hold his mouth and stop the corruption of his family if he is serious about pakistan.
lol..exactly itna pakistan ka khiyal hai to zardari should bring looted money from swiss bank..

people should not forget k ye sab statements bomb proof bunker mei beth kr deta hai the day he and his father comes out and face the terrorist like ordinary people i will be his supporter too. ye statements dete hain aur martey qarib aur masoom log hain terrorists ke hathon..

I have never been a fan of him , but after listening to this speech , I must say : "Hats off for his courage"

“The Taliban want to impose the law of terror in the country, but I want to tell them, if you have to live in Pakistan you will have to follow its constitution,”

“We don't accept the law of terrorists,” he added. “Some people are trying to bring back the stone-age era in the country in the name of Islam.”

“We are Muslims and the terrorist groups should not try to teach us Islam.”
Respects...... appreciated..
better than a ''tweet'' :enjoy:

I have never been a fan of him , but after listening to this speech , I must say : "Hats off for his courage"

if he actually is that brave why dont he come out of his bunker or even break the illegal bilawal bouse wall in karachi for his security..and whats in a speech sir u think he actually is saying that all and he has not crammed.? for years his family has looted pakistan why dont he speak against corruption? keep in mind politicians only say what their audience like..

if he actually is that brave why dont he come out of his bunker or even break the illegal bilawal bouse wall in karachi for his security..and whats in a speech sir u think he actually is saying that all and he has not crammed.? for years his family has looted pakistan why dont he speak against corruption? keep in mind politicians only say what their audience like..

He has the courage to "say" at least !!!

He is getting better at speaking. But hopefully he grows up to take his father and his cronies to court. Build schools.

One of the few rare species left in Pakistan who still have the courage to say no to the madness going all around here.

dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh one patakha and all his gas will be leaked

4[/media]

naah hats off to the speech writer ;)

Back
Top Bottom