What's new

Bihar: Dalit killed in violence on I-Day

Hafizzz

Reaction score
Bihar: Dalit killed in violence on I-Day
Bihar: Dalit killed in violence on I-Day - Hindustan Times

A mahadalit was killed, nine of them critically injured, during a clash with the local landlords over the hoisting of the national flag at a 'disputed' spot in a Bihar village on Independence Day.

In the ensuing clash, Ram Vilas Ram, 60, died on the spot and 43 others, 18 of them women and five children, were injured. The mahadalit side claimed the landlords also damaged the Ravidas shrine.

The 'disputed' spot is a memorial platform raised in the memory of a Rajput leader, Shaheed Nishan Singh, adjacent to a Sant Ravidas temple constructed by the mahadalits, in Rohtas district of the state.

Both the shrines have been built on government land, near a school in Baddi village.

The mahadalits want full control over the land, while the landlords are determined to maintain their access to the memorial.

Mahadalits are a special category scheduled caste created by the Nitish Kumar regime to provide benefits to the poorest sections among Dalits.

After a group of mahadalit youths, who had assembled at the temple, forced the other group to flee from the spot without hoisting the flag, armed villagers of Baddi returned in strength and attacked the mahadalits.

The superior firepower of the landlords forced a retreat by the other side. But their women and children, armed with sickles and axes, came to the front.

Tension had been building up in the area after the mahadalits started turning the Ravidas temple into a double story building and erected a bamboo barricade around the disputed land.

"The local police station organised a meeting of the two sides on Tuesday and allowed them to hoist the national flag at their traditional sites, after they pledged peace will be maintained during the ceremony," said superintendent of police Vikash Burman.

Burman said when the local landlords tried to hoist the flag, they were stopped from doing so, which led to the clashes and the attack on mahadalits.

The local administration has repaired the damaged temple and paid Rs. 2.37 lakh to the kin of the deceased.

deleted, no offence to UP and Bihari members here

Presidents rule should be declared in UP and Bihar man after arriving here I realised situation is way more bad than I expected and I have to live in this hell for two more weeks :hitwall: and WTF is a mahadalit

Its just caste within dalits, in actually it means Maha poor.

More died as a result of the latest train accident。

India should abolish caste system itself as its inhumane.

It is already abolished.

But ****** politicians bring it up again and again to divide and rule. Especially those politicians who claim to be liberal/secular/universalist etc.

Bihar is ruled by Isharat ka Baap aka Nitish Kumar who was howling about equality and secularism one month ago.

And this tragedy has happened in his state.

See the irony.

deleted, no offence to UP and Bihari members here

What offence?

It is time people take offence man.

Really because if people are not pushed to their limits, they don't perform.

I respect and love all my countrymen but as a state, each region bring forth something WORTH respecting.

That should be there.

Simply manual labour doesn't run a state's economy and neither does this dirty politics.

Wasn't this fool Nitish shouting about how equality and secoolarism should be prevalent everywhere?

WTF is his equality now?

Why has the state not banned caste-based entries in government census and government institutional forms?

Because he is another Mayawati/Akhilesh Khan.

The only thing he did was to make roads that have resolved a lot of logistical problems in the state.

Socially and structurally, Biharis are struggling even today.

The funny part is, Bihari people are some of the brightest minds in engineering, physics and mathematics in the country. And this is how their state is run....

Back
Top Bottom