What's new

Biggest American Hypocrisy to Chinese People - Chinese Exclusion Acts

Stop come up with reason to defend the hypocrite, I really don't care what excuse you give but it didn't make it right.

I have yet to see a white leader or black leader in China. Wonder why...

Well, China is too crowded, too backward, people are inconsiderate, too much corruption and the people lack freedom. America is a country that others are trying break in. China is a country that its people are trying to leave.

You are kissing US behind and find nothing wrong with US action in the past.

My spidey sense is getting a false flagger alert.

You sense has zero value to readers. And whatever he said is true. You are denying the truth and so you are a hypocrite. That is what he just said.

Stop come up with reason to defend the hypocrite, I really don't care what excuse you give but it didn't make it right.

Go to a drug cartel don and ask him politely whether he regret his actions and listen to his replies. If he does not regret and gives reason to defend his actions, call him a hypocrite and see what happens to you.

You sense has zero value to readers. And whatever he said is true. You are denying the truth and so you are a hypocrite. That is what he just said.

Denying what truth!?!? I haven't confirmed or denied anything. He never asked me a question for me to confirm or deny. You don't know if he was specifically talking to me. A lot of people made comments in this thread. if he is talking to me, I will talk to him.

My main comment here was that there are some that are quick to call others racist. Yet those same people make extremely racist comments here themselves. As the saying goes "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

Denying what truth!?!? I haven't confirmed or denied anything. He never asked me a question for me to confirm or deny. You don't know if he was specifically talking to me. A lot of people made comments in this thread. if he is talking to me, I will talk to him. Thank you sir, that is all :)

You're welcome. :-)

Hello again, I had edited my post. I still thank you though :P

Just mean when you have a checker past don't criticize other that make you a hypocrite.
Being a smart-*** didn't give them the excuse to exploit other human being as the same time declaring how righteous you are.
From your writing style, am guessing you are a late teenager at best. Nevertheless, I will indulge you...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually have.[1] Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.[1]

Hypocrisy is not simply failing to practice those virtues that one preaches. Samuel Johnson made this point when he wrote about the misuse of the charge of "hypocrisy" in Rambler No. 14:
Nothing is more unjust, however common, than to charge with hypocrisy him that expresses zeal for those virtues which he neglects to practice; since he may be sincerely convinced of the advantages of conquering his passions, without having yet obtained the victory, as a man may be confident of the advantages of a voyage, or a journey, without having courage or industry to undertake it, and may honestly recommend to others, those attempts which he neglects himself.[2]
Thus, an alcoholic's advocating temperance, for example, would not be considered an act of hypocrisy as long as the alcoholic made no pretense of sobriety.
Sonny...I want you to focus on the last and highlighted sentence. Here is what it means...

If an alcoholic advises people to stay away from alcohol or be careful with it, he cannot be called a hypocrite unless he lies about his excessive drinking and put on a false face of sobriety.

Repeat -- UNLESS he lies about his excessive drinking and put on a false face of sobriety.

This honest alcoholic know where he went wrong, how long he stayed on that wrong path, how often he drinks, how often he drinks to excess, what terrible things he does when he was drunk, what terrible things excessive alcohol does to his body and mind, and that he is addicted to alcohol to this day. He admits his addiction. He does not pretend to be something else. So in advising others not to take the same path he took, despite his continuing addiction, he cannot be called a hypocrite.

To put it another way, one that is more true than the Chinese members' false use of the word 'hypocrite': Hypocrisy is not what happened in the past, admitted, and abandoned, but what is CURRENTLY going on in the present, denied and hid away from public sight, and a false front presented for all to see.

Do you understand now, child?

Regarding slavery...The US fought a bloody civil war to abolish slavery. To this day, the American Civil War is still a war with the highest deaths for the country. This is not an act of a hypocrite. The institution of slavery is not hidden from the world. It is in all American history books, even before the Internet. No American leader today is saying slavery was a good thing.

Likewise with the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882. It is abolished. It is in the record for the world to see. It is criticized and use as an example on how the US was once inhumane to another people. These are not acts of a hypocrite. And the vibrant Chinese-American segment in the US, from regular to business to political Chinese-Americans, is a clear example of that non-hypocritical condition.

Do you understand now, young man?

If you want to see an excellent example of hypocrisy, look at your China, specifically your government, and even more specifically the Chinese (so called) Communist Party.

Why are your political leaders members of communism when they do not practice communism and tries to distract/hide this contradiction?

At the same time, scientists of Chinese origin get heightened scrutiny and phantom charges, the most recent one being a NASA contractor that had **** in his computer. Have you ever heard of any other ethnic groups receiving such widespread discriminatory legal actions? If the FBI really want to dig deep into all ethnic groups, I am sure they will find plenty of economic espionage, illegal technology transfer, etc, etc, majority of which are probably based on greed. But the FBI and the American media want to portray economic crimes committed by Chinese Americans as something more sinister, infiltrators! traitors!

Oh, don't bring in Korean commander. Korea is such a tiny country, ... you know what I mean. The U.S. attitude towards Chinese is not just pure racism, but fear mixed with we whiteman against you yellowman mentality. To some American politicians, apparently only Chinese is the only non-white ethnicity that have different aspirations than Americans.

China is the biggest military and economic and ideological threat to US. So there will definitely be more scrutiny and suspicion especially in sensitive areas like defense and aerospace. It also depends on weather the Chinese scientist is a recent immigrant or American born.

I have yet to see a white leader or black leader in China. Wonder why...

That's an absurd statement. The entire world knows that the old world has indigenous people living in their ancestral lands for millenniums while indigenous people have been wiped off in the new world. The new world is a world with immigrants from the old world. Are you going to replace indigenous people in the old world with immigrants, too? Are you advocating new ethnic cleansing?

Plus, unlike Europe, China never colonized Africa or Europe, so I don't know why China should take African immigrants while China itself is practicing strict one-child policy on its own people.

This forum breeds stupidity and people would argue for argument's sake.

Back
Top Bottom