What's new

Big Win- Indian Muslim Women(Supreme Court Declares triple talaq Practice 'Unconstitutional)

No bro. Please read all the posts. Its different in different states. Muslims do come under OBC quota.

Yesterday Owaisi was trying to ask for Muslim quota.

Cheers, Doc
Yes just in OBC quota but that is limited to certain states. I found something interesting here...

Originally, the Scheduled Caste reservations were restricted to only Hindus. The Para 3 of the Constitution (SC ) Order 1950 clearly stated that nobody other than Hindus would be eligible for reservations. In 1956, it was extended to Sikhs after they protested; and in 1990 Buddhists were also included after they complained of discrimination.

A host of other groups --Muslims, Christians , Parsis and Jains-- still remain outside its purview and are agitating to be allowed entry into this charmed circle.

In 2007, the National Commission for Religious and Linguistic Minorities chaired by retired chief justice of India Ranganath Misra (also known as the Ranganath Misra Commission) recommended “deletion’’ of the contentious Para 3 so that all religious groups could qualify for SC status.

It specifically called for reservations to be "delinked" from religion and make them "religion neutral". A confirmation that, contrary to the widely accepted narrative, the current system is not religion neutral .

http://www.firstpost.com/india/the-bjp-argument-against-muslim-reservation-is-false-1601263.html

So basically the present reservation system is based on religion.

Yes just in OBC quota but that is limited to certain states. I found something interesting here...

Originally, the Scheduled Caste reservations were restricted to only Hindus. The Para 3 of the Constitution (SC ) Order 1950 clearly stated that nobody other than Hindus would be eligible for reservations. In 1956, it was extended to Sikhs after they protested; and in 1990 Buddhists were also included after they complained of discrimination.

A host of other groups --Muslims, Christians , Parsis and Jains-- still remain outside its purview and are agitating to be allowed entry into this charmed circle.

In 2007, the National Commission for Religious and Linguistic Minorities chaired by retired chief justice of India Ranganath Misra (also known as the Ranganath Misra Commission) recommended “deletion’’ of the contentious Para 3 so that all religious groups could qualify for SC status.

It specifically called for reservations to be "delinked" from religion and make them "religion neutral". A confirmation that, contrary to the widely accepted narrative, the current system is not religion neutral .

http://www.firstpost.com/india/the-bjp-argument-against-muslim-reservation-is-false-1601263.html

Btw, under Modi government my son informs me Parsis are now a Scheduled Tribe.

Nacho.

Cheers, Doc

@The_Showstopper Muslims are backward because of their own mistakes

Since they are NOT historically disadvantaged ; they dont deserve Reservation

Instead of begging for quotas ;they should work hard

Theoretically, you cannot punish the present generation of Muslim for the misdeeds of the previous generations.

If we don't stop it here, then perhaps people could demand to start killing the Muslims while their ancestors with Mehmood Ghaznavi killed the Hindus.

Our Indian way is significantly better than the Western way you are pushing here.

No one thinks twice before coming in the way if they see a child being whacked. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen complete strangers do it. Yet its done with desi tact so that the parent does not feel bad. But the child stops getting whacked. And still the parent is not made to lose face such that he or she will take it out on the child the moment the good samaritans' backs are turned.

Contrast this to the West. Where one is afraid (mortally) of even ruffling a cute child's hair for fear of being hauled up for child abuse.

Cheers, Doc

P.S. @I.R.A where is you post man?

I was waiting to read it after lunch.

Cheers, Doc
I am not pushing anything, of course Indian way of wacking your domestic help, slapping your naughty wife gently etc are good for Indians... not for me.
Your child does not belong to you, its a separate entity, you cant use violence or threat of violence to get him/her to agree what you want to do. It means 'I am big and strong, and therefore you do what I say'. This does not stop at you of course, so can your uncle and teacher and anybody old enough. All the child knows is, it should shut up and not make too much fuss.
No wonder the system creates obedient brain dead people.
In the UK everybody knows the rule of the game, you created child knowing the rules. The adherence to the rules vary but rules are there to protect children who frankly have nowhere to go.(unlike vulnerable adults)

I am not pushing anything, of course Indian way of wacking your domestic help, slapping your naughty wife gently etc are good for Indians... not for me.
Your child does not belong to you, its a separate entity, you cant use violence or threat of violence to get him/her to agree what you want to do. It means 'I am big and strong, and therefore you do what I say'. This does not stop at you of course, so can your uncle and teacher and anybody old enough. All the child knows is, it should shut up and not make too much fuss.
No wonder the system creates obedient brain dead people.
In the UK everybody knows the rule of the game, you created child knowing the rules. The adherence to the rules vary but rules are there to protect children who frankly have nowhere to go.(unlike vulnerable adults)

Is that why questioning, intelligent state owned kids get groomed in the UK?

Become unmarried teenage mothers?

Become druggies, pumps, thugs and rapists?

Have psychiatric issues requiring counseling and medication from well before they're 10?

Sure you'll have many of the same of the subcontinent as well.

But then I'm not the one afflicted by the shallow pomposity that our way is better and the rest are lesser.

Keep your parenting advice to yourself. As far as I know, you're not even one. And I have been down that road thrice and know what it takes to bring up a child.

Cheers, Doc

Theoretically, you cannot punish the present generation of Muslim for the misdeeds of the previous generations.

If we don't stop it here, then perhaps people could demand to start killing the Muslims while their ancestors with Mehmood Ghaznavi killed the Hindus.

You mean Hindus will become like how Muslims are currently in Muslim majority countries?

Anyway, question of asking the current generation of muslims to pay for historical crimes is moot & improper.
What is needed though is to address and acknowledge the historical wrongs committed. This is needed so that Hindus don't go through the same nightmare again.

Coming to reservations, muslims don't need it. They have never been disadvantaged in India. In fact they were the ruling class for a long time. Reservations are only based on certain criteria, like historical disadvantage faced by a certain community, like Dalits.
So, I am not sure under which criteria muslims can be given reservations?!

Glad to see finally a hammer from SC hit the right nail on the coffin. Suddenly I see tsunami tide of hate for Hindus who supported in getting Muslim women justice are at receiving end.
Some JAICHANDI breed of our community has begun to realise the ills of Hindus ie MAANGLIK & MOOL Vivah equivalent to TT, yet no salvation for them at least for some time now.

Manuvaad Brhamanvaad debate also has come to fore though has no seriousness in its argument but to malign the whole Hindutva. Self hating(LIBTARD HINDUS) some time help to recuperate from heart broken lust for pseudo LIBERALISM rot. Hope fast recovery. Change is permanent truth, tide has turned its course & might bulldoze other pseudo ideologue bastion before settling this discourse for rest of future.

Oh no. We can. As per stupid Indian laws, we can.
If so called higher castes can be punished today for crimes committed by their ancestors, Muslims today can well be punished.
Does not make much sense. But that's the way it is.

If we are still enforcing reservation, I hope India is dissolved into different countries for each constituency. Future violent partitions can be averted.

You mean Hindus will become like how Muslims are currently in Muslim majority countries?
Yes.
I don't like the behaviour of the Muslims, which is anti-humanity. And I don't like that Hindus follow the Muslims.

Anyway, question of asking the current generation of muslims to pay for historical crimes is moot & improper.
Glad that you agreed.

What is needed though is to address and acknowledge the historical wrongs committed. This is needed so that Hindus don't go through the same nightmare again.

What happened in the past, is a Non-Issue, while present generations of Muslim was not involved in it.

Please also understand, the "Hindu Rajas" of the past were absolutely not different than the "Muslim Sultans". Muslim Sultans fought for their personal glory and power. Absolutely same is true for the Hindu Rajas, who fought thousands of wars for their personal glory. Even before the arrival of Muslim Kings, the Hindu Rajas and Maharajas were killing thousands and millions of people in the wars with each other.

The truth is, whoever got the power in the past, he played the role of "Might is Right".

Coming to reservations, muslims don't need it.
Why don't they need it?
All the surveys that had been conducted by the Indian Commissions have unanimously pointed out that Muslims are in the worst conditions at moment. Why should we listen to you and reject the reports of these Commissions?

They have never been disadvantaged in India. In fact they were the ruling class for a long time. Reservations are only based on certain criteria, like historical disadvantage faced by a certain community, like Dalits.
Who put the rule that reservations are linked to the History? Indian constitution has not linked it to the history.
Any community which is lacking behind today, irrespective of what were the historical reasons (e.g. the mistakes of their previous generations), has the right to get the reservation.

And if you really want to bring History here, then tell us why were Dalits in disadvantage in the past? Most certainly not due to the Muslims. But surely they were at disadvantage due to the higher caste Hindus.
So then (according to your logic of history), only the present day Higher Caste Hindus should suffer for this and Dalits should get the Quota only from the share of higher caste Hindus.

So, I am not sure under which criteria muslims can be given reservations?!
Humanity.
Humanity is above all religions, even above your Hindu religion.
For Humanity, I gave up my Muslim Religion.

Any community which is lacking behind today, irrespective of what were the historical reasons (e.g. the mistakes of their previous generations), has the right to get the reservation.

Then there are more Brahmins living in abject poverty than Muslims.
Poverty unfortunately is not a criteria for reservations in India. Until that becomes a criteria, unfortunately Muslims can not get reservations. Same is true for Upper caste Hindus, which I am part of.

For Humanity, I gave up my Muslim Religion.

@padamchen These are the side effects of man made parallel religion. Two extremes ..... I consider Islam and its pure message Quran for all the humans and humanity ...... and another person from same faith reading too much into man made things considers Islam anti humanity. Not point of any discussion just a FYI and memory.

@padamchen These are the side effects of man made parallel religion. Two extremes ..... I consider Islam and its pure message Quran for all the humans and humanity ...... and another person from same faith reading too much into man made things considers Islam anti humanity. Not point of any discussion just a FYI and memory.

Bhai I am a bit busy with sanghis elsewhere.

Can you handle things here?

Cheers, Doc

Bhai I am a bit busy with sanghis elsewhere.

Can you handle things here?

Cheers, Doc

There is nothing to handle yaaar ........ it was just a For your information tag ...... to be used somewhere in future discussion ......... you please carry on ...... :-)

There is nothing to handle yaaar ........ it was just a For your information tag ...... to be used somewhere in future discussion ......... you please carry on ...... :-)

By the way, something to excite you further in your ancestral wall of water and fire "corruption" dukhda. :p:

Please look up Mashya and Mashyan ....

Cheers, Doc

Back
Top Bottom