What's new

Big Three finally end. India lost both governance and revenue vote.

It can. Anyway don't you think India should take it share as it is where ICC makes majority of money???
You are not getting the point..India makes money when it participate in ICC event..Tell me if there is no India in world cup ? Will india organize its own world cup and invite team to play ?
Do india share money of IPL ? where india is organizer ?No..Because ICC has no role in it and its pure BCCI event..

India hasn't announced the team yet and the deadline was 25th. Do you realise this ?
No i will wait ..If india is serious why not make statement simply..

I say put pressure. Use bilateral series with other countries to arm twist them.

I say not to participate in CT17 once. The financial results will teach permanent lessons to many.

1.3 billion people will stop watching cricket if India does't play. Advertisers and bidders wants to reach Indian people, hence they pay billions of dollars. Yes, you may get money even if India doesn't play, but that will be peanuts compared to what advertisers pay if India plays.
Again, those advertisers are paying for INTERNATIONAL competition - the value they perceive in pumping that money comes from the calculation that there will be high public interest in INTERNATIONAL competition involving India. If all they cared about was India, then the Ranji trophy and other domestic ODI competitions would be pulling in just as much revenue.

Like I said, the advertisers and television rights bidders might be predominantly from India, but they are pumping in that money because India is playing other countries. That revenue dries up for all parties (including India) if India pulls out or countries other than India pull out.

You are not getting the point..India makes money when it participate in ICC event..Tell me if there is no India in world cup ? Will india organize its own world cup and invite team to play ?
Do india share money of IPL ? where india is organizer ?No..Because ICC has no role in it and its pure BCCI event..

It is the other way...ICC makes money when India participates. Hence India is asking for its share.

Again, those advertisers are paying for INTERNATIONAL competition - the value they perceive in pumping that money comes from the calculation that there will be high public interest in INTERNATIONAL competition involving India. If all they cared about was India, then the Ranji trophy and other domestic ODI competitions would be pulling in just as much revenue.

Like I said, the advertisers and television rights bidders might be predominantly from India, but they are pumping in that money because India is playing other countries. That revenue dries up for all parties (including India) if India pulls out or countries other than India pull out.

Advertiser never pay for anything else but pairs of eyes. India simply has too many of those.

It is the other way...ICC makes money when India participates. Hence India is asking for its share.
Why not India back out from CT17 and announce its own CT17..ICC will know the reality then where the teams will go to play ?

Here is the rub. The viewership of the matches involving India is massively higher compared to those NOT involving India. Indians do not want to watch international cricket competitions in general, they want to watch Indian team playing in international cricket competitions. If BCCI started organizing her own international events, sure as hell a lot of good teams will hop onto that bus.
Correct - viewers want to watch INTERNATIONAL competition involving India - it is the INTERNATIONAL competition that creates value for advertisers, not just India by herself. A boycott of the ICC by the BCCI hurts the BCCI just as much as it hurts the other countries.

For the BCCI to create in essence a 'breakaway organization' in competition to the ICC would eventually arrive at the same point - the cricket boards in each country voted the way they did because they want a fair distribution formula. Why would they join a breakaway league to pursue something they have already considered to not be in their interests?

No, ICC events are a loss to India. India doesn't make much from them. Majority of the revenues are earned from bilateral series.

Next...IPL is a domestic event and BCCI is making billions out of it...

Advertiser never pay for anything else but pairs of eyes. India simply has too many of those.
Those eyes are there because of international competition - India pulls out of the ICC and the international competition goes away and so do those eyes. India loses just as much (if not more) than the other countries.

Icc can ban any board forcing it to realize that 80 percent icc revenue came from India because icc allowed it to.

Back
Top Bottom