What's new

Bidyanondo - Fraudulent Charity - Hindutva Agenda in Bangladesh

leonblack08

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Bidyanondo is a fraudulent charity who preyed on the emotion of millions of Bangladeshis within and outside Bangladesh to raise funds. But now their real agenda is coming to light with more and more people calling out their fraudulent activities. As the video illustrates below, it is a state sponsored fraud. They used their Hindutva connection in BAL government to use the police and military to participate in their so called charitable activities for photo op to gain people's trust. In reality, there is a vast discrepancy between the money they raise from individuals and the activity they really do.

The following video from Pinaki Bhattacharya is one that summarizes the case with Bidyanondo and it's Hindutva links. Although the financial statement interpretation in the video is not up to mark. But it drives the point how this is a state sponsored scam and the Hindutva connection.

Since the mainstream media is absolutely quiet on this, people are doing their own investigation. Following are some images from this fraudulent organization's own Facebook page, where it is clear they have repurposed the same image to demonstrate a large volume of charitable activities undertaken.

Example-1: using photo editing to use the same photo to manipulate people into thinking they have been buying cows to donate to needy families in two separate occasions.

FB_IMG_1681661267438.jpg

Example-2: same cow shown twice to have been sacrificed to feed people.

FB_IMG_1681661258155.jpg

Example-3: claiming they made accessories out of burnt clothes in BongoBazaar fire to sell for charity. Turned out to be stolen image from an online shop. When people called it out, they posted an apology too on their page.

FB_IMG_1681661241801.jpg

Please don't waste your hard earned money for Zakaat on this fraudulent organization with a sinister agenda.

I personally know people including myself who had been emotionally duped by their social media posts and participation of state authority in thinking this is a legitimate charity.

But as it turns out morally bankrupt people have completely ruined Bangladesh.

Kudos to the Ulema who had recently ruled Bidyanondo is not Zakaat eligible because they have been known to build Hindu temples and arrange Hindu festivals, which led to this widespread discussion and increased scrutiny of their activities and nefarious agenda.

Please note: all the above reference materials are in Bengali, unable to provide any translation at this time.

I don't want to paint these guys with a religious label. Everyone in a position to steal is stealing in Bangladesh, why would these guys be any different as they know PM won't lift a finger to stop them. And if someone tries to stop them, these folks can always pull the oppression card.

Frankly speaking it is quite a racket !

Jhoote greedy Bamans stealing money as usual

I don't want to paint these guys with a religious label. Everyone in a position to steal is stealing in Bangladesh, why would these guys be any different as they know PM won't lift a finger to stop them. And if someone tries to stop them, these folks can always pull the oppression card.

Frankly speaking it is quite a racket !

Indian High Commissioner visited their operation. Why would an Indian HC take a special interest in a so-called "charitable" institute in Bangladesh?

The religious and political agenda is always there unfortunately.

I wonder how do pajeets in Bangladesh cope with Eid UL Azhar when cows are slaughtered ?

The same way we Muslims in Bangladesh tolerate pork being sold in shops for Christians and Buddhists. Or turtle meat being consumed by Hindus.

Live and let live....

No one in Bangladesh will call out any specific groups on the food they eat. Or victimize them for it.

There were already talks when they first started their ek takar ahar program, criticisms were rejected as communal, jamaati etc.

Bidyanondo is popular among the youth, especially the university students. Now seeing many regretting their association with them.

How do I claim my donations back? :hitwall:

Your donations have been noted in Allah's tally khata.

Which will be rewarded in due time. Allah knows.

Nothing happens in this world without the approval and accounting of Allah - even a leaf does not move without him knowing.

So - be thankful and have gratitude - all will be accounted for.

nice1

shame our bengalis are such cucks

they're slowly waking up, but still a ways to go

There were already talks when they first started their ek takar ahar program, criticisms were rejected as communal, jamaati etc.

Bidyanondo is popular among the youth, especially the university students. Now seeing many regretting their association with them.

They shrewdly started operating under One Taka Meal banner because it sounds apolitical without any agenda. Personally when I first came to know of this organization a year or so back, I had no idea who the parent organization was but I was very moved by their efforts. I was not aware of the bad press from before. It's the same story for many Bangladeshi expats who are not always up to date on every single thing happening in BD.

Plus, when you see military and police helping them in their donation activities, it raises the level of trust.

Good thing, it is the youth now who have taken to investigate and expose these scammers.

How do I claim my donations back? :hitwall:

If you have paid Zakat, make sure you re-pay your Zakat elsewhere now that you know the money may not be used as intended. For Zakat it is your obligation to make sure it has been put to use as intended.

If they were just donations, then In Sha Allah you will get the rewards for it for your intention to do good.

Last edited:
The same way we Muslims in Bangladesh tolerate pork being sold in shops for Christians and Buddhists. Or turtle meat being consumed by Hindus.

Live and let live....

No one in Bangladesh will call out any specific groups on the food they eat. Or victimize them for it.
We don't worship pork do we ?

We don't worship pork do we ?

Bangladesh is not an Islamic republic. It is a People's republic.

Non-adherents and non-Muslims are allowed to consume items prohibited in Islam, within certain limits, because they are also Bangladeshi citizens.

Respect for people of all faiths and beliefs (and preservation of their rights) is ingrained in our constitution. As are their religious festivals including Hindu ones (e.g. Janmashtomi, Durga Puja) which are part of the govt. public holidays.

Those sanctified values are part of the glue that holds our country together.

Even Islam says, "Unto you - your religion, unto me, mine."

Surah Kafirun (Qur'an 109:1-6).

Al-Kafirun.png

In any case this is off topic.

Last edited:
Indian High Commissioner visited their operation. Why would an Indian HC take a special interest in a so-called "charitable" institute in Bangladesh?

The religious and political agenda is always there unfortunately.
I think the guy got a little too cocky, probably wanted to show off . In any event it was not exactly a smart move on his part cause it brought attention to his fraudulent scheme.

Back
Top Bottom