What's new

Best DG ISI of Pak?

1) Ahmad Shuja Pasha **
2) General Hameed Gul *

It's really a difficult question to answer cause most of them had very different internal and extrnal environment where decision making was done with very different frame of mind. Ahmed Shujah Pasha, a very capable and true soldier, had hardest of times but certainly cannot be placed at number one.

It's really a difficult question to answer cause most of them had very different internal and extrnal environment where decision making was done with very different frame of mind.

So true. Well if we use the single yard stick of success, than the peak of ISI was during Afgan war, hence Gen Akhter Abdul Rehman. However it may be said that since he had worked hands in hands with CIA therefore had an easy time

No one is best, everyone was good but not excellent or outstanding because every DG ISI strings is pulled by COAS and PM and President of Pakistan.

Under Ahmed shuja Pasha... The major failures were Americans Killed Baithullah masood and ISI didnt even knew where baithullah was and Americans knew. That is one of the major failure and incompetency of ISI. Second is obviously OBL saga.

General Akhtar abdul rehman... didn't knew his own men were infiltrated by foreign agencies who successfully carried out the most successful assassination of General Zia in which General akhtar died too.

General Hameed Gul, Another flop show in ISI. he was removed from DG ISI post due to his incompetency. A fact that many don't know.

It's really hard to say which one, but ppl who r putting Pasha up there in the list are bunch of morons,This guy couldn't keep CIA away from under his skin,He was so inspired or perhaps he was totally incompetent for such high level post..

1. LGen Hameed Gul
2 . LGen (retd) Shamsur Rahman Kallu..
3.Asad Durrani
4,LGen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani
5.MJ Gen Ghulam Jilani Khan

Best DG ISI in my opinion was the one who has saved Pakistan & served Pakistan only, now I don't know who that person was.

In your opinion, who has been the best DG ISI of Pak, uptil now? And why?

General Akhtar Abdur-Rahman (Rahimahullah). Why? Because he played everyone like a piano - Having a master piano player as a boss (Rahimahullah) helped.

General Akhtar abdul rehman... didn't knew his own men were infiltrated by foreign agencies who successfully carried out the most successful assassination of General Zia in which General akhtar died too.

Too little, too late - Though I wouldn't expect you to understand or appreciate that.

In your opinion, who has been the best DG ISI of Pak, uptil now? And why?

Does anyone has any idea what these generals have been through and what they did for Pakistan? Definetly not.. Then how can we ever say which one is best. I think they all did great job in the time and circumstances they lead that great organization. Salute to All..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom